• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I've woken up today feeling very shaky, sick and all-round rough. Seems I have my first hangover in years after spending a day with my dad, brothers and brothers-in-law celebrating my 40th.
Not a feeling I have missed.

But lovely to go to a pub and then sit in a garden round a fire pit.

Love a good pub garden.

I don't think you can confuse a moral argument with a legal one

What are laws if they do not uphold morals and protect what is just? If laws are used to punish the little guy trying to protect the world, then it would be an abuse of what is right and just. The people have spoken, accept it. Such a decision wouldn't hold in Russia or China where large companies and the government are in power; would you prefer a more dictatorial legislator where the people can not express themselves?

The sooner they stop these drinking rules the better
Was great fun catching up but it was painful getting drinks at times
I really felt sorry for the bar staff, tough going for them currently
Everywhere we went last weekend they were all being such fudging jobsworths.

Apparently it's ok to go out and drink but absolutely forbidden to have any kind of fun.

Had a nice walk around a nearby nature reserve this afternoon, we were hoping to see some adders as the sun was out and it's a bit of a hot spot for them but we didn't have any luck, will go earlier in the day next time.

Did see another Little Egret though, I feel like they were a real rarity a few years ago but we see them all the time now.

had a good job interview internally last week, had a really good rapport with the manager. today i get the old automated email saying unsuccessful.

Becoming quite disheartened by it now...

had a good job interview internally last week, had a really good rapport with the manager. today i get the old automated email saying unsuccessful.

I didn't get a second interview for the role I really liked
Said I came across really well but felt I wasn't experienced enough
Time for me to stop being so honest and maybe stretch what I can and can't do a bit more rather than simply saying no I haven't done that, etc

I have had 3 interviews over the last month and they all made it sound like i had smashed it to only get rejected.
I assume its a new thing for mental health to make you sound like you done nothing wrong in your interview.

I have had 3 interviews over the last month and they all made it sound like i had smashed it to only get rejected.
I assume its a new thing for mental health to make you sound like you done nothing wrong in your interview.

I think it is just a competitive time at the moment. A lot of people apply for jobs.

I can't believe they send out automated emails to internal people, that's terrible practice. If it's internal surely you can get some feedback at least.

Can you turn that Sewing book up the other way please. :)
That would irritate the hell out of me seeing it facing the wrong way to the others.
OCD alert! :p
Reminds of my grandparents. In the kitchen the had some tiles on the wall, and one row had some decorated tiles evry 4th or 5th tile. The decoration was not quite symmetrical, and one day I noticed that one of them was upside down, and pointed it out. They'd had it for like 30 years, and they'd never noticed. But after I pointed it out, it was all they could see! Annoyed the hell out of my grandfather :D

Back