• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So this is what OUR Wembley will be about ..

Hugely memorable night with a very good natured crowd.

Superb seeing so many iterations of the colours.
I was sat right in block 113, right in front of the away fans and there was plenty of banter with them throughout the game but all good natured.

Not sure I will be wanting to sit that close to the CSKA fans though!

The whole Wembley thing is a 'needs must' for the club. I was either there or allegedly Milton Keynes which must be too small for CL?
Wembley is not at all idea and we have now to muddle through. Let hope we can keep the attendances away from the embarrassing which we did brilliantly on Wednesday.
But bottom line we had/have little choice.

Last edited:
It's the amount of empty seats that becomes detrimental - not the actual amount there

Yeah, I understand that, of course, but it shouldn't mean too much to the players. It might look silly, but they're professional and it shouldn't affect them (maybe it does though, who knows). Still, some of those low attended EL matches from a couple of years back had a better atmosphere than most of our PL matches, due to the 1882-movement gathering in one of the blocks. It will still look silly on TV, but if we let the guys who want to sing sit/stand together, the lads will be getting support regardless of how many empty seats there are.

Yeah, I understand that, of course, but it shouldn't mean too much to the players. It might look silly, but they're professional and it shouldn't affect them (maybe it does though, who knows). Still, some of those low attended EL matches from a couple of years back had a better atmosphere than most of our PL matches, due to the 1882-movement gathering in one of the blocks. It will still look silly on TV, but if we let the guys who want to sing sit/stand together, the lads will be getting support regardless of how many empty seats there are.

I don't care how silly it looks to the people who watch tv. I think at times the atmosphere is more important to the fans than the players.

I don't care how silly it looks to the people who watch tv. I think at times the atmosphere is more important to the fans than the players.

I think it absolutely is, in one of the secret footballer's books he says the same

if a sportsperson is affected by a crowd then their psychologist isn't doing their job properly

A beer definitely sounds like a good plan. I say good with a hangover that has wrapped me up like a chrysalis around a moth, and said chrysalis is being chomped upon by the hungriest piranhas. But of course by November 2nd, I'm sure that beer will again be required.

I woke up with brain largely intact which was surprising but I'll definitely be ready for round 2 next time.

Assuming we are allowed to use the whole of Wembley for all our home games next season what do you think are our chances of setting the highest ever average league attendance south of the border?

Man U no doubt hold the current record, which must be something around 75,500, but we achieved over 85,000+ for two of our three CL games at Wembley when, to comply with UEFA rules the capacity was reduced to something like 87,000, and even for the third game when we were no longer able to progress to the knock-out stage we still attracted 62,000+

Given this clear proof of the size of our fanbase we should be able to fill the stadium for fixtures against Arse, Cheatski, United, City and Liverpoo plus probably the other London clubs, Spammers, Palace and Watford. So we'd then need to average c70,000 for the remaining fixtures to achieve it.

Of course admission was much cheaper for the CL games than it's likely to be for the PL, also the stresses of getting away from Wembley might well prove too much of a deterrent for some fans.

But it would be nice to put one across United by knocking them off their perch.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Assuming we are allowed to use the whole of Wembley for all our home games next season what do you think are our chances of setting the highest ever average league attendance south of the border?

Man U no doubt hold the current record, which must be something around 75,500, but we achieved over 85,000+ for two of our three CL games at Wembley when, to comply with UEFA rules the capacity was reduced to something like 87,000, and even for the third game when we were no longer able to progress to the knock-out stage we still attracted 62,000+

Given this clear proof of the size of our fanbase we should be able to fill the stadium for fixtures against Arse, Cheatski, United, City and Liverpoo plus probably the other London clubs, Spammers, Palace and Watford. So we'd then need to average c70,000 for the remaining fixtures to achieve it.

Of course admission was much cheaper for the CL games than it's likely to be for the PL, also the stresses of getting away from Wembley might well prove too much of a deterrent for some fans.

But it would be nice to put one across United by knocking them off their perch.

Thoughts?

I think they will keep it cheap for league games too in order to get casual fans in

But I don't think we will be opening the ground full capacity for many games if any due to the restrictions from the council

When we play the scum , I have no doubt that will be a sellout, job done even if they come in a taxi

But I don't think we will be opening the ground full capacity for many games if any due to the restrictions from the council

Was sure I read somewhere that we would be allowed 90k for 4 games so Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool/West Ham ??

If we do we should give Arsenal 500 tickets like what Madrid/Barca do to each other for the El Classico

Was sure I read somewhere that we would be allowed 90k for 4 games so Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool/West Ham ??

If we do we should give Arsenal 500 tickets like what Madrid/Barca do to each other for the El Classico

Yeah I've read the same rumour

Who knows what's true

When my mates dad brought his premium tickets for the 1st year last Sunday, the guys there told him it's far from done and dusted that we will use Wembley next year

I know a few box holders and Corporate seat holders and hey have had nothing about next season only the one after and the new ground

Think PL rules require clubs with 30k+ capacity to make a minimum 3k seats available to the away team.

Back