• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So this is what OUR Wembley will be about ..

No Drink in the gods but there was elsewhere? seems a bit odd that the plebs are not allowed but others are.

It's a UEFA rule that alcohol can only be sold in 'hospitality' areas of stadiums in their competitions. It's been the same at the Lane for Europa League games.

Of course not many stadiums have a hospitality area the size of Wembley's, and it's a bit of a cheat when the majority aren't really hospitality tickets for Spurs' games.

I'm gonna tell you a story ......

Had a bad day Wednesday, in fact this week has been one day after another.

Arrived Wembley Stadium c19:50 with a dozen or so others, passed by dozens of faster moving fans up the slope past the drunk laying downhill swearing at 3 coppers. Got to gate A and admitted via the side gate [built for comfort, me], then got advised by one impertinent lass that I should visit a site about drinking green slime. No searching.

Up the escalators to level 5, another steward says "you should have used the lift". Block 526, turn around and up I go. And up, and up, and pause for breath, and up and up [repeat until row 36]. Checked with the guy in my seat where he ought to be and finally sat down ...... must have been 20mins in.

Well, the match we know about. I was in an aisle seat that the booking graphics had with leg room .... wrong, artistic license I suppose. Aside from people crossing from my side into the aisle, I could see very well. The second half was something else, with more and more people going for their fish supper (many left their chips behind), and then last 15 mins their were bursts of departures - all blocking my view of our attacking efforts. Thanks Guys.

At the final whistle a few hundred people were effectively allocated to a single track on the stairs. There may have been an accident, as it stopped dead for at least 5mins, whereas we could see other stairways dribbling through. Bear in mind this is the highest bit of the ground - south side. From final whistle (c21:35?) it must have been 15mins to clear the ground and 5mins to reach the back of the London-bound queue at/for Wembley Stadium station.

Shuffled through the maze of crowd barriers and got on the train, 10mins journey and arrived at Marylebone 22:29. Didn't fancy heaving tubes, so walked straight out onto a waiting 205 for Bow Church. Got to Bishopsgate and Liv St 23:05 - I recall getting back from Euro 96 match vs Holland by 23:00, that from the east end, but can't complain

Got the 23:15 for Southend Vic. This, too, was heaving (4 carriages !) - was there something on in London? - but dared to ask the bloke with his dinner spread around him on a seat for "room for a little one?".

Being a lazy and fatigued b'stard grabbed a cab and into the shower, sat down with an ice cream, and started to catch up on ITV coverage c00:30. All in all not a bad journey, but a warm night, good Spurs crowd, and no rail strikes/road congestion. Pray for us miserable sinners, and let's not have cold, wet, windy nights with derailments.

Points to note - Wembley Stadium station serves High Wycombe etc and Marylebone

plenty of announcements to queueing concourse(s) on which queue for which route, also next train time for those routes.

They hold queues upstairs until a train leaves and then release that for next service - staff on platform feed people round so all platform is populated prior to arrival, staff will only unlock carriage doors when appropriate to stop the hodes taking the shortes route. Sounds bad, but it's in our interests, I suppose.

Marylebone/Wembley seems to be a shuttle of 5carriages, so not too much of a diversion.

My train seemd 60% full, but more waiting I would have thought. Every 5/6 mins ?

Where were you sat? I was in 240, making more noise than the people next to me wanted me to make. I think the atmosphere was great until we were 2 down and people's heads understandably dropped. I think we did give it our all though and there were moments of loud chants that rang around the stadium. I'm pleased to have started at least a couple of the chants..I have a loud voice, it's hard to miss it...well, i did but tonight I barely have a voice!

I was in 214, I'll have to look out for a crazy man a few blocks down next time:) Can grab a beer before the next one if your around.

Another thing that was nice with club wembley was that there wasn't a queue, instead of going up the 2 ramps outside the station you walk under them right to the front entrance and across the red carpet and straight in. Feels very suave. Must say the size of the concourse in Wembley is ridiculous.

It's kind of cool that you can walk the whole way round if you wanted too, I remember you could do that at the old Wembley as well.

I'm gonna tell you a story ......

Had a bad day Wednesday, in fact this week has been one day after another.

Arrived Wembley Stadium c19:50 with a dozen or so others, passed by dozens of faster moving fans up the slope past the drunk laying downhill swearing at 3 coppers. Got to gate A and admitted via the side gate [built for comfort, me], then got advised by one impertinent lass that I should visit a site about drinking green slime. No searching.

Up the escalators to level 5, another steward says "you should have used the lift". Block 526, turn around and up I go. And up, and up, and pause for breath, and up and up [repeat until row 36]. Checked with the guy in my seat where he ought to be and finally sat down ...... must have been 20mins in.

Well, the match we know about. I was in an aisle seat that the booking graphics had with leg room .... wrong, artistic license I suppose. Aside from people crossing from my side into the aisle, I could see very well. The second half was something else, with more and more people going for their fish supper (many left their chips behind), and then last 15 mins their were bursts of departures - all blocking my view of our attacking efforts. Thanks Guys.

At the final whistle a few hundred people were effectively allocated to a single track on the stairs. There may have been an accident, as it stopped dead for at least 5mins, whereas we could see other stairways dribbling through. Bear in mind this is the highest bit of the ground - south side. From final whistle (c21:35?) it must have been 15mins to clear the ground and 5mins to reach the back of the London-bound queue at/for Wembley Stadium station.

Shuffled through the maze of crowd barriers and got on the train, 10mins journey and arrived at Marylebone 22:29. Didn't fancy heaving tubes, so walked straight out onto a waiting 205 for Bow Church. Got to Bishopsgate and Liv St 23:05 - I recall getting back from Euro 96 match vs Holland by 23:00, that from the east end, but can't complain

Got the 23:15 for Southend Vic. This, too, was heaving (4 carriages !) - was there something on in London? - but dared to ask the bloke with his dinner spread around him on a seat for "room for a little one?".

Being a lazy and fatigued b'stard grabbed a cab and into the shower, sat down with an ice cream, and started to catch up on ITV coverage c00:30. All in all not a bad journey, but a warm night, good Spurs crowd, and no rail strikes/road congestion. Pray for us miserable sinners, and let's not have cold, wet, windy nights with derailments.

Points to note - Wembley Stadium station serves High Wycombe etc and Marylebone

plenty of announcements to queueing concourse(s) on which queue for which route, also next train time for those routes.

They hold queues upstairs until a train leaves and then release that for next service - staff on platform feed people round so all platform is populated prior to arrival, staff will only unlock carriage doors when appropriate to stop the hodes taking the shortes route. Sounds bad, but it's in our interests, I suppose.

Marylebone/Wembley seems to be a shuttle of 5carriages, so not too much of a diversion.

My train seemd 60% full, but more waiting I would have thought. Every 5/6 mins ?

Life's a bitch ;)

Well I ended up sat in front of the Monaco section and my ears were ringing from listening to them singing Allez Monaco for most of the latter hour.

I loved the experience and occasion, it was absolutely brilliant

We brought Club Wembley seats as we thought we might be able to drink as it's a corporate area and this was proved right, the standard of the bars and food outlets on this level was superb as was the amount of toilets etc

We stayed behind as you can until 10.30pm, had another 2 beers then walked to Wembley Park, this took about 25 mins, the tube was still massively rammed though and because of this took 40 mins to get to Moorgate where they terminated it early which meant I missed my fast train

I know of people who took 75 mins from the final whistle to get to the tube, bit of a nightmare but it seemed that everybody was using the tube last night

Have heard about the other stations around being less busy so might try this for the next game

Overall though I loved it, shame about the result though
I'll definitely be paying the extra £25 for Club Wembley next time then.

As all the bars near to Wembley Stadium station seemed to be packed when we were trying to get a post-match pint, instead of joining those enormous queues for the train.

Watched the game on TV from 5 time zones away - no queues to my fridge - and it looked like an absolute, award-winning advert for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Well done to all who showed up wearing Spurs gear. It left little doubt about how well this club is actually supported.

Just as a rough comparison, this is how close our stands will be. Light blue is the south stand, dark blue the others. It's not 100% correct, but gives a rough impression.

EDIT: Please disregard the scribble at the goal line. dunno how that happened

Kick off.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in 239 but didn't notice any particular noisy C*nt near me;)

I was in 214, I'll have to look out for a crazy man a few blocks down next time:) Can grab a beer before the next one if your around.

Another thing that was nice with club wembley was that there wasn't a queue, instead of going up the 2 ramps outside the station you walk under them right to the front entrance and across the red carpet and straight in. Feels very suave. Must say the size of the concourse in Wembley is ridiculous.

It's kind of cool that you can walk the whole way round if you wanted too, I remember you could do that at the old Wembley as well.

A beer definitely sounds like a good plan. I say good with a hangover that has wrapped me up like a chrysalis around a moth, and said chrysalis is being chomped upon by the hungriest piranhas. But of course by November 2nd, I'm sure that beer will again be required.

One thing that concerns me hugely about Wembley is what will it be like if we end up back in Europa .... We would struggle to get 25000 there and it will be awful IMO

Hugely memorable night with a very good natured crowd.

Superb seeing so many iterations of the colours.

One thing that concerns me hugely about Wembley is what will it be like if we end up back in Europa .... We would struggle to get 25000 there and it will be awful IMO

I wouldn't worry too much about that already, but if that were to happen, it would only be for a season. No biggie. :)

Back