• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Snow Day

Was like the Mary Celeste in my office, I made it in for 7.15 (so I could fudge off at 3pm) and the roads were fine but it seems a lot just decided to work from home due to snow.

Some proper miserable bastards in this thread. Its a snow day, everyone loves snow, take the day off and make sure the kids dont go to school as you dont know when the next will be.

But also, if you are in a position where you have to decide in advance whether to close the school its not easy. What are they suppose to do, get a crystal ball out and see that if one parent made it to work ok then its absolutely fine for all. You have two options, 1 is close the school and make sure parents have the option of keeping their kids safe or 2, open the school and risk children getting hurt (and u dont know how worse the weather will get later on). Maybe they should add an apology to parents stating they are sorry they now have the inconvenience of looking after their own child for a full day.

The roads are fine i drove to dorchester and back this morning, main roads fine, side roads a little worse but i got down them in a salon fine. Tomorrow i have am putting some new locks on a couple of doors at an MOT place in arundel and will be there. Have noticed how people just want to get out of work and it is a crap attitude to have, wished more people were self employed to be honest. I don't work i dont earn.

Took my lad to school and it was open but they are a private school and they know how important it is to get good exam results so they do not take time off unless they really have to.

To be fair... I'm not really expecting to see the headline this summer "Thousands of children have unexpectedly failed their GCSE exams, thought to be down to the snow day in January".

Makes me laugh the Schools open today yet the roads are no different from yesterday when it was shut. No snow has melted and if anything its icy now so probably worse. Just shows they fancied a day off

Nice here. Hitting 36 today. :)

Cottesloe-Aqua-Water-CB003.jpg

Mate, let it go, she was young, it was before she met you. A government employee doinked your wife, you need to accept it and move on. :p

:)

Government employees continue to fudge me, my partner, my friends and all my family on a regular basis!

It's not something I can let go easily

As soon as those final salary pension schemes are abolished, I'll have a rethink

Was 46 in Sydney the other day, our hottest day ever. Crazy.

Also, you Brits don't half fudging moan about the weather. It's currently -25 in Toronto and I haven't heard a peep out of any of my friends.

Also, you Brits don't half fudging moan about the weather. It's currently -25 in Toronto and I haven't heard a peep out of any of my friends.

I miss Toronto - I love the weather. I like snow and cold n brick.

Maybe they don't really like you and don't like speaking to you.

The amount of times someone comes up to me in the pub and says "hey ben mate not seen or heard from you in ages where you been" i think well the is a reason you do not hear from me. It is because i do not like you.

Not saying it is true in your case just putting it out there.

I have not nor has anyone i know moaned about the weather i have moaned about why people can not get to work etc. I think the country is split into two groups, ****s and non ****s, i am a non **** or i like to think so. The ****s just like any excuse to take a day off because they do not like work.

Is like Gordinho says about how the women in his office talk about whatever they have seen on GMTV in the morning. Well the class system that is still in place in england means that the "working class" or scum as i call them like to feel as though they are put upon so it is there way of getting something back by taking a day off because they feel they are owed it.

Me im no longer working class because i fudging love money, my education and my accent would make me working class or scum as i call them but the money in my bank account and the size of my house make me middle class, i go to this point by going out and making money. The scum class just want to sit on there arse and get given it.

Is why they become teachers and other forms or civil service employess. Lazy ****s who want to sit around moaning about how hard they have it. Is why when last year the teachers went on strike they did a little march for an hour then went christmas shopping for the rest of the day. No one can really be suprised when they then decide to take some time off with a little snow. fudging commie bastards.

Maybe they don't really like you and don't like speaking to you.

The amount of times someone comes up to me in the pub and says "hey ben mate not seen or heard from you in ages where you been" i think well the is a reason you do not hear from me. It is because i do not like you. Not saying it is true in your case just putting it out there.

I have not nor has anyone i know moaned about the weather i have moaned about why people can not get to work etc. I think the country is split into two groups, ****s and non ****s, i am a non **** or i like to think so. The ****s just like any excuse to take a day off because they do not like work.

Is like Gordinho says about how the women in his office talk about whatever they have seen on GMTV in the morning. Well the class system that is still in place in england means that the "working class" or scum as i call them like to feel as though they are put upon so it is there way of getting something back by taking a day off because they feel they are owed it.

Me im no longer working class because i fudging love money, my education and my accent would make me working class or scum as i call them but the money in my bank account and the size of my house make me middle class, i go to this point by going out and making money. The scum class just want to sit on there arse and get given it.

Is why they become teachers and other forms or civil service employess. Lazy ****s who want to sit around moaning about how hard they have it. Is why when last year the teachers went on strike they did a little march for an hour then went christmas shopping for the rest of the day. No one can really be suprised when they then decide to take some time off with a little snow. fudging commie bastards.

We need to have a beer and an orgy mate. When someone says that to me Ill just say "Let's keep it that way". Ill talk to people I wanna talk to and if I dont talk to you it's cos I dont really like you.

Sounds like they're all dead, -25'll do that to you.

If they'd moaned about it a bit more I'd have sent them an emergency jumper. Silly Canucks keeping quiet, what a waste...

:)

Government employees continue to fudge me, my partner, my friends and all my family on a regular basis!

It's not something I can let go easily

As soon as those final salary pension schemes are abolished, I'll have a rethink
I can't help noticing I've got a considerably better pension scheme than yow. :)

Last edited:

I think people are more annoyed at schools closing and people not showing up for work rather than the weather. Personally I dont mind looking after my own child and am not really concerned with looking a hero for turning up to work, ill gladly say I cant make it knowing it will never be held against me and the real mugs are those that went in.

Back