• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Snow Day

jpp

Johnnie Jackson
Three inches of snow and the local comp is shut. To say it makes my blood boil is an understatement. I was at work this morning at 4.00am and all the main roads were completely clear, add to that the fact that I and 36000 others made it to and from WHL yesterday.

The only thing I can say that my children have learnt from 10 years education is that it is Ok to shirk off when there is a little snow

Three inches of snow and the local comp is shut. To say it makes my blood boil is an understatement. I was at work this morning at 4.00am and all the main roads were completely clear, add to that the fact that I and 36000 others made it to and from WHL yesterday.

The only thing I can say that my children have learnt from 10 years education is that it is Ok to shirk off when there is a little snow

They'll make fantastic public servants

I went to work this morning I had three meetings planned. I moved heaven and earth to fudgein get there - I was like bambi on ice this morning and made it safely and allowed extra time to get there.

Guess what?

One meeting cancelled as the person isnt in the office.

One meeting was cancelled because the guy is feeling 'rubbish' and would be 'good to leave early'

One meeting was cancelled as the kids school is shut and they had to babysit their kids.

It is a bit bad out there but not so bad that people, with due care and attention, can walk.

My day is now ruined fudgers.

If you can't get somewhere then fair enough what does my head in is people deciding the night before they ain't turning in for work. Had some woman who works with us lives half a mile away came in on Friday whinging like fudge that she had to 'risk' coming in while her husband been told to stay at home. The fact her husband commutes 60miles every day didn't seem to bother her I said something along lines of 'well u got here ok didn't you?' she throws an absolute wobbly goes ballistic! Local school closed today announced it yesterday morning? The roads are fine absolutely no reason to shut but people just use snow as an excuse to be lazy and stay at home. Suppose it helps if like me you actually enjoy your job but still it does my head in.

I blame the parents for picking a bad school then. ;)

I have a theory, all schools are told to shut when it snows to keep bints of the school run and allow essential workers to get to work.

My kids were totally miffed this morning when their school announced it would open. Especially as it closed on Friday with less snow on the ground.

Even harder to take when neighbouring schools are shut

:lol:

If you can't get somewhere then fair enough what does my head in is people deciding the night before they ain't turning in for work. Had some woman who works with us lives half a mile away came in on Friday whinging like fudge that she had to 'risk' coming in while her husband been told to stay at home. The fact her husband commutes 60miles every day didn't seem to bother her I said something along lines of 'well u got here ok didn't you?' she throws an absolute wobbly goes ballistic! Local school closed today announced it yesterday morning? The roads are fine absolutely no reason to shut but people just use snow as an excuse to be lazy and stay at home. Suppose it helps if like me you actually enjoy your job but still it does my head in.

Schools are completely different though. They have to be more organised because what the children do affects what the parents have to do.

I was supprised to get home from work at 9.30am to see my step daughter slouched on the sofa in her jamas watching TV... The school is 200m from us. I managed to get from Haverhill to Stansted (21 miles) bout 8.30 last night when everyone on facebook were saying the roads were "dangerous". Nothing wrong with them... Then on the way home this morning they had obviously been cleared overnight (altho still had tacos doin 30mph). Most if not all of the Teachers live local ffs!

Also noticed on FB people sayin "not goin work tomorrow, roads bad" whilst I was thinking " i got to work ok and i gotta get home, whats your excuse". Lazy attitude

Don't they close schools in case one of the little buggers takes a dive and they get sued?

A prime example of a modern myth. No school has ever been successfully sued for this, all examples being thrown out of court. Schools shut for one reason and one reason only. Teachers are too bone idle to get up half an hour early and go to work.

The roads are fine i drove to dorchester and back this morning, main roads fine, side roads a little worse but i got down them in a salon fine. Tomorrow i have am putting some new locks on a couple of doors at an MOT place in arundel and will be there. Have noticed how people just want to get out of work and it is a crap attitude to have, wished more people were self employed to be honest. I don't work i dont earn.

Took my lad to school and it was open but they are a private school and they know how important it is to get good exam results so they do not take time off unless they really have to.

A prime example of a modern myth. No school has ever been successfully sued for this, all examples being thrown out of court. Schools shut for one reason and one reason only. Teachers are too bone idle to get up half an hour early and go to work.

I remember doing a post in a thread some time ago where i said i had little respect for teachers because of the way they behave. It waa the most abuse i have ever got in 12 years on this website, be very careful mate because they lefties on here will come after you if you say anything other then teachers are salt of the earth and honest and hard working.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. No surprise tbh.

I have a lot of sympathy for teachers though, the are basically under pressure to raise kids these days. They shoulder a lot of the burden for brick parenting.

I have a lot of sympathy for teachers though, the are basically under pressure to raise kids these days. They shoulder a lot of the burden for brick parenting.

This ^^^ 100%

Absolutely right and any head worth their position would tell all members of staff that they expect them to be at work whatever the weather.
And I'm sure the majority of them would be there, just as the majority of private sector workers get to work when it snows (look at DFS's example, he couldn't have any meetings about new carpets and soft furnishing cos no one showed up).

Bring back capital punishment

Let's put the Great back into Great Britain
Bit harsh SS, stringing a few of em up would send a message I guess.

Those who can't articulate, rely on cliche...
I think teachers do get a bad press actually, some are absolute bricks and do fulfill the above cliche and are really just there because of job security and the fact that if you do the bare minimum you can get away with it. There are quite a few passionate teachers however, who actually want to do the job, (slightly biased as I'm currently studying History and Literature at uni with a view to become a teacher (which I truly want to do) ) and there are many who will work for the kids. Parents are to blame for bad kids as much as the teachers are, although I'm not a parent so perhaps, I shouldn't comment. (no offence to anyone here of course you all seem like decent well meaning fellas :) )

We weren't allowed to stay inside the school during recess unless it was below -20 (it was -15 at some point also). Sometimes the buses had frozen so that they wouldn't start and couldn't pick us up, It was my cue to race back to bed and sleep all day. I miss school.

Back