• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sky Broadband Speed Issue

Always been fine for me with decent speeds.

More surprising is that my exchange is southbank yet it still hasn't been upgraded to fibre optic

It's an absolute minefield.

They bluster and try to fob you off, they ask you to check your filters and turn it off and on and do a rain dance.

Then they tell you nothing is wrong and they have done nothing at all and PING your speed ramps back up to maximum.

It's like they have a load of moaning customers and a pot of broadband and just shuffle it all around as each person moans.

it's never the microfiilter, that's just a ruse to get you off the line, its the adsl equivalent of blowing in the bottom of the nes cartridge

it's never the microfiilter, that's just a ruse to get you off the line, its the adsl equivalent of blowing in the bottom of the nes cartridge

I still have a NES and this works all the time for me.

So your analogy is somewhat flawed.

My anecdotal evidence is the fact that i still have the NES, the games still function and sometimes you need to blow into them to make it happen.

I would put the NES cartridges in, they would not work, take them out, blow on them, put them in and then they would work.

Still doing it 10-15 years later, or however long it has been. It's not coincidence if it works every time.

Still at less than 1mb from 6pm till 10pm, WALOB them fixing it like they said, must say Im not surprised though !!!!

Just left Be after 5 1/2 years because of the Sky buyout. They're offering the next year at half price if anyone calls the cancellation line.

what made you ditch them, has your service suffered already?

Not yet no, but if you read the announcement there's nothing to say there's no capping or throttling under Sky. That was Be's biggest selling point so it's obviously going - they wouldn't confirm or deny over the phone.

righto, i'll certainly be monitoring it

i'm thinking of moving to their bonded ethernet offering so i'll want to see what changes before jumping

*Downloads are subject to our rather fair usage policy. Your actual speed will be affected by factors that are out of our hands, such as your distance from the exchange. Terms apply, and service is subject to location and availability, two BT lines and minimum term contract. Wireless coverage depends on factors including distance from wireless box and building construction. The cost of the modem is included in the connection fee. Please take good care of it as there is a £51.06 modem replacement fee if it breaks outside of the terms of its standard warrantee. Note that bonded lines cannot be unbonded without cancellation of both lines and service disruption.

definite change here

That's such a fudging cop out.

There is a temptation to not pay the bill and reply with something in kind.

'Payment is subject to our job status. Your actual payment will be affected by factors that are out of our hands...'

If it's not in their hands, what the fudge are people actually paying them for?

That's such a fudging cop out.

There is a temptation to not pay the bill and reply with something in kind.

'Payment is subject to our job status. Your actual payment will be affected by factors that are out of our hands...'

If it's not in their hands, what the fudge are people actually paying them for?

I have to go against the grain here, considering that I work for a Telecomms company. There ARE factors that will be out of the hands of companys such as BT, Talk Talk, Plusnet, Sky, etc..

You have to remember that the line is maintained by Openreach. They are also correct in saying that if you live 5 miles from your local exchange then your speed is going to be kack.
The only place that your CP's actually have ownership of your line is in the exchange after the Openreach handover point...

I have to go against the grain here, considering that I work for a Telecomms company. There ARE factors that will be out of the hands of companys such as BT, Talk Talk, Plusnet, Sky, etc..

You have to remember that the line is maintained by Openreach. They are also correct in saying that if you live 5 miles from your local exchange then your speed is going to be kack.
The only place that your CP's actually have ownership of your line is in the exchange after the Openreach handover point...

Honestly not bothered mate. They run a service that you pay for, they should be working to their upmost to get these 'factors' that are out of their control, into their control.

Honestly not bothered mate. They run a service that you pay for, they should be working to their upmost to get these 'factors' that are out of their control, into their control.

Such as bandwidth. If you're throttling heavy users then you need more bandwidth - slowing down your users is not the way forward.

Rang the doinks at Sky again, the proposed works on the exhange or whatever they are doing been delayed from March to mid-April, yeh ok believe that not

Back