• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

We have right wing nut jobs here to. They even had to bring laws in to stop Nazi salutes, slogans & parafanalia.they would show up at protests all dressed in black & carry on like dingdongheads. Now there are laws in place nowhere to be seen.

Yeh, where as we have a load of racists that are going to scream in the Mets face today and poke the lion only to cry when it kicks off.

Tommy Robinson going to London to film a concentration of Muslims in order to proclaim its indicative of the UK losing its identity, which is like going to a swimming pool to claim its always wet

Yeh, where as we have a load of racists that are going to scream in the Mets face today and poke the lion only to cry when it kicks off.

Tommy Robinson going to London to film a concentration of Muslims in order to proclaim its indicative of the UK losing its identity, which is like going to a swimming pool to claim its always wet
Back in the day the NF clams claimed black people were taking over nothing has changed it seems.

When I lived in the UK the police had the powers to stop protests before they even started. Is this no longer the case.

Back in the day the NF clams claimed black people were taking over nothing has changed it seems.

When I lived in the UK the police had the powers to stop protests before they even started. Is this no longer the case.
They can if they believe its intent is to start or incite violence or something along those lines.

Anyone can tell there will be trouble today IMO though, as I say some are going to cause it just to get a reaction and say "told you so"

I personally know people that have marched and they didn’t witness any hate speech or similar whatsoever. They wouldn’t have stood for it if they had. However, outside of the official March organisers control there are said to have been splinter groups operating for nefarious purposes, based around religious extremism. I don’t often give the Met credit but they’ve been quick to identify and arrest people using social media as a tool.

The ‘hate speech’ that is being referred to as mainstream antisemitism is the ‘river to the sea’ chant. This is a decent and fair explainer which you probably wouldn’t find in domestic press:

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/...-what-does-the-palestinian-slogan-really-mean

I've only had a cursory glance but will look in to it further as there's a lot to take in. As I've said earlier in the thread I admittedly know near enough nothing about the history of the area to make any judgement on a phrase like that, I'm all for peace but if hypothetically on a march I wouldn't join with that not understanding the root meaning.

It raises questions about phrases / words that may be offensive or not defending on the context, like our history with the y word it'd be harsh to label any fan using it as being bigoted when that's not the intention, but the intent doesn't necessarily change whether someone might be offended by it. And of course hack comedians and culture wars have made it out that it's a sign of weakness or attention seeking to be offended, unless it's something that the reader / listener is bothered about and affects them directly, it's a bit of a mess.
To be fair, I don’t think even the most vociferous on here have said anything about the Israeli government and not backing them being antisemitic. But otherwise I take your point. I’ve been labelled here too at various times (called a racist for criticising Muslims and also accused of being antisemitic). And in fact the only thing I’d tag you, myself and fellow ggers with is being a polemicist.

Great word. Unfortunately I do think there are a few in here with tendencies to repeatedly post hateful stuff and then scuttle away when called out, but for the most part as far as internet discourse goes it stays fairly reasonable.

And true re comments on Israeli government equalling anti semitism, I haven't seen that happen on this board directly, it was more of a general comment on something that happens rather than calling out anyone specific on here.

It's obviously a tense difficult situation and whatever we say doesn't really change things for those in the thick of it, I do think that the term jew alluding to both race and religion allows for things to be taken out of context unless being very very specific with indicators of exactly what is implied. For me it is odd to see Scara on the "side" of a group that he has openly said must have mental health issues by means of faith and generally has no respect for but I guess the out is that he is referring to the race but not religious people. I'm not saying it's right or wrong and it's possible I've misunderstood but it is a curious stance.

They can if they believe its intent is to start or incite violence or something along those lines.

Anyone can tell there will be trouble today IMO though, as I say some are going to cause it just to get a reaction and say "told you so"
On both sides !!
There has been a lot of violence, vandalism and intimidation from the so called peaceful protestors also

I've only had a cursory glance but will look in to it further as there's a lot to take in. As I've said earlier in the thread I admittedly know near enough nothing about the history of the area to make any judgement on a phrase like that, I'm all for peace but if hypothetically on a march I wouldn't join with that not understanding the root meaning.

It raises questions about phrases / words that may be offensive or not defending on the context, like our history with the y word it'd be harsh to label any fan using it as being bigoted when that's not the intention, but the intent doesn't necessarily change whether someone might be offended by it. And of course hack comedians and culture wars have made it out that it's a sign of weakness or attention seeking to be offended, unless it's something that the reader / listener is bothered about and affects them directly, it's a bit of a mess.

Great word. Unfortunately I do think there are a few in here with tendencies to repeatedly post hateful stuff and then scuttle away when called out, but for the most part as far as internet discourse goes it stays fairly reasonable.

And true re comments on Israeli government equalling anti semitism, I haven't seen that happen on this board directly, it was more of a general comment on something that happens rather than calling out anyone specific on here.

It's obviously a tense difficult situation and whatever we say doesn't really change things for those in the thick of it, I do think that the term jew alluding to both race and religion allows for things to be taken out of context unless being very very specific with indicators of exactly what is implied. For me it is odd to see Scara on the "side" of a group that he has openly said must have mental health issues by means of faith and generally has no respect for but I guess the out is that he is referring to the race but not religious people. I'm not saying it's right or wrong and it's possible I've misunderstood but it is a curious stance.
Claiming that "from the river to the sea" is about peace for all people is possibly the most disingenuous thing I've heard in a while

How many people on these marches are calling for hamas to surrender? Or for hamas to return the hostages?

How many people, sickened by the death of children, will hold up the missing posters that seem to constantly be getting collected by 'protestors', I presume because they want to bring them on their rallies to highlight the sadness and devastation that hamas has created...

If peace and an end to suffering is what they genuinely want, surely they should want the end of hamas (and any other terror organisation for that matter)?

Do you believe that Israel backing off would result in less deaths? Or just less gazan civilian deaths? Doesn't matter if a ceasefire results in an increase in more Israeli/Jewish deaths?

Why don't you think the moderate protesters say something to the radicals they are choosing to walk shoulder to shoulder with? Is it because their views aren't moderate after all? Or is it because they're scared of what the radical person might say/do to them (which makes you question the nature of the rally....)

I could not agree with you more.

If you are anti Hamas make it clear and send those murderers a message.

If you have sympathy for Hamas, whom Britain has earmarked as a terrorist organisation, make that clear too.

I do not see any room for neutrality.

I could not agree with you more.

If you are anti Hamas make it clear and send those murderers a message.

If you have sympathy for Hamas, whom Britain has earmarked as a terrorist organisation, make that clear too.

I do not see any room for neutrality.
Of course there is room for people to be neutral. I condem Hamas & I condem the IDf for the killing innocent civilians. the UN have accused both sides of war crimes. Just think about about all the ordinary people on both sides that wants it to just stop

I find all violence abhorrent whether it's a pub fight or killing innocent people in war.

You said it yourself - for a long time now, the term Jew has meant far more than someone who is a follower of Judaism.

Ever since the rise of anti-semitism and large scale displacement/slaughter it has taken on a meaning more aligned with Arab than Muslim.

I wouldn't defend someone for following Judaism any more than I would for any other ridiculous, stone age fairy story. But I will defend those who are attacked because of their ethnicity or place of birth.

On both sides !!
There has been a lot of violence, vandalism and intimidation from the so called peaceful protestors also
I doubt there is an equivalence between the two marches; this has echos of Charlottesville. From the reports there were 300000 protestors mostly peaceful and a tiny proportion who caused trouble. Whereas a few thousand far right counter protestors turned up with this latter group only there for trouble.

Could somebody enlighten me as to why the Met are currently letting Pro-Palestine protestors launch fireworks at them and they are just standing there

Also saw loads of people getting abused by them when coming out of a McDonalds earlier again the Police just stood there

Too busy twerking at Carnival or painting rainbow flags on their faces at Pride to actually have a backbone and sort some of these people out

If a lot of these antics happen next Sunday there will be confronted by a lot of very angry ex servicemen
Because they are wet blankets and the government are petrified of doing the wrong thing… so let everyone do the wrong thing

today you have the old hooligan boys on their Stella and coke kicking off. They were the one the met focussed on
You had the pro pallistine match which had significant elements of aggressive antismetism that wasn’t dealt with
So you had two polar opposites of what is in reality racism from different sides
and the met kinda sat in the middle wondering which one is the easier target

I doubt there is an equivalence between the two marches; this has echos of Charlottesville. From the reports there were 300000 protestors mostly peaceful and a tiny proportion who caused trouble. Whereas a few thousand far right counter protestors turned up with this latter group only there for trouble.
The was trouble in the latter because they were the focal point of the met
the met were scared of the 300,000 so let them do what they want and there was a LOT and antisemitism on display.
what Im finding really interesting is the hooligans are far right, but actually the antisemtites In then rally’s are too
It’s just never reported that way

You said it yourself - for a long time now, the term Jew has meant far more than someone who is a follower of Judaism.

Ever since the rise of anti-semitism and large scale displacement/slaughter it has taken on a meaning more aligned with Arab than Muslim.

I wouldn't defend someone for following Judaism any more than I would for any other ridiculous, stone age fairy story. But I will defend those who are attacked because of their ethnicity or place of birth.

And yet ethnicity is a social construct (based on cultural similarity and shared folklore/origin myths) and nation states a relatively recent economic-political construct with as much basis in reality as the stone age fairy stories that you mock.

Because they are wet blankets and the government are petrified of doing the wrong thing… so let everyone do the wrong thing

today you have the old hooligan boys on their Stella and coke kicking off. They were the one the met focussed on
You had the pro pallistine match which had significant elements of aggressive antismetism that wasn’t dealt with
So you had two polar opposites of what is in reality racism from different sides
Agreed but if the government is not supporting the met what are they supposed to do. You can't expect 2000 cops to try & arrest people in a protest that large. What they can do is film it & arrest them later. If this was the late 70s 80s Thatcher would have sent the met in to crack a few heads & they loved cracking heads on a regular basis.thats just not acceptable these days

The thing is though, if you are going up town with some Green Street cos play then you are really pearoostering for issues, this mob knew what they were doing and purposely being provocative, that was their MO. Half of it given the pre dialogue was set up to be "ohhh but we took the full force of the law whilst they got away with it", it was all orchestrated in a fashion that they knew if the did certain things they would get nicked.

At the end of the day, you or I could have gone up town yesterday and not been nicked for paying our respects, the idea its indiscriminate as being portrayed today is total BS

Terrible situation for the innocent being killed, as in all wars or acts of terrorism. Of course any rational person would want it to stop and make it known through protest marches, which have happened. However, there should not have been protests in the UK this weekend. 1 weekend in 52 where people who gave their lives for the freedoms we all enjoy today are remembered, thanked and respected. Protest any day this coming week if need be but have a bit more respect for those who died saving this country which most (if not all) protesters call home and have a bit more respect for this country.

The thing is though, if you are going up town with some Green Street cos play then you are really pearoostering for issues, this mob knew what they were doing and purposely being provocative, that was their MO. Half of it given the pre dialogue was set up to be "ohhh but we took the full force of the law whilst they got away with it", it was all orchestrated in a fashion that they knew if the did certain things they would get nicked.

At the end of the day, you or I could have gone up town yesterday and not been nicked for paying our respects, the idea its indiscriminate as being portrayed today is total BS
The issue is there two extremes right now and both are wrong
Both are breaking the law
Both are publicly spreading hate speach
But… the police are scared brickless Of using heavy hands on the peaceful march to stop the anti semitism
They were quite content to use it on the EDL apes though

and antisemitism on display.
what Im finding really interesting is the hooligans are far right, but actually the antisemtites In then rally’s are too
It’s just never reported that way
That's not true. The Met prioritied the far right protest because they were there primarily to cause trouble whereas the vast majority of the marchers were not.. Because of this there were not enough of the police to go after the trouble makers who were attending the main match. So it's not right to say both sides were causing trouble because the numbers were no where near the same. Btw I thought the Police did brilliantly given the resources.

Last edited:
That's not true. The Met prioritied the far right protest because they were there primarily to cause trouble whereas the vast majority of the marchers were not.. Because of this there were not enough of the police to go after the trouble makers who were attending the main match. So it's not right to say both sides were causing trouble because the numbers were no where near the same. Btw I thought the Police did brilliantly given the resources.
I think the met a shambles myself
The statistics around their police currently suspended says a lot…

And the easy fix would have been arrest the people who are being anti semetic in the previous rally’s (there is plenty of footage) and then the othe racists have no reason to plod into town
And also.. don’t allow band stands are stages near the memorials
That to me is easy fixes
They wouldn’t let Tommy Robinson and his mob have a stage at war memorials. And rightly so. Who why let others. It’s mental

Back