• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Should Harry Kane be our new Captain?

You just seemed to pick on me so thought I'd retaliate :)

that's a terrible thing to say...after all the times i backed you up saying a man should be allowed to voice their own opinions[-(

still

CAPTAIN KANE too saaaaaavvee the DAAAYYYY!!! :D

come on admit he is actually better than a championship level player or a guy that belongs at the bottom of the league

Wow, I have never seen the board so United :D. Did not think it was such an outlandish suggestion seeing as he has shown great maturity and leadership this season it is a natural progression. From the other suggested names haven't seen anything to suggest they are natural leaders albeit good players. I don't think it is too much pressure as it is largely a figurehead position look how many have been captains there have been just this season. It's not like he would pick the team or determine tactics, but he would have the authority to lead on the pitch. For what it's worth I think he will be made either captain or vice captain soon enough.

Thank GHod everyone shot this down. I was shaking my head as I stated reading and feared everyone thinking it would be a great thing to do. Ridiculous idea for me.

Hello mate not quite as ridiculous though as completely writing off the new manager after only half a season ;)

One step at a time, lets not dump even more pressure on the young lad. It should stay with Lloris/Verts but that's not to say one day if he maintains this consistency and continues to improve Kane could'nt take the arm band in 3 or 4 years. Of course he'll probably be playing in Madrid by then. ;)

Not many non-Spanish players make captain at Madrid. Some honour. Big call Huddy, big call! ;)

Wow, I have never seen the board so United :D. Did not think it was such an outlandish suggestion seeing as he has shown great maturity and leadership this season it is a natural progression. From the other suggested names haven't seen anything to suggest they are natural leaders albeit good players. I don't think it is too much pressure as it is largely a figurehead position look how many have been captains there have been just this season. It's not like he would pick the team or determine tactics, but he would have the authority to lead on the pitch. For what it's worth I think he will be made either captain or vice captain soon enough.

Natural progression quite possibly, but way premature at this point.

Was a good article floating about on the importance of the captain role off the pitch in the squad written by some pro at some point. I think it's more than a figurehead position for sure even though it doesn't make that much difference who has the armband in any given match.

Not yet. Hugo's a great captain to have, and if we need an on-pitch leader further forward, Fazio or Stambouli seem like more experienced options (although they're still new to the team, and hence I don't think the captain's armband is particularly in reach for either of them just yet).

It's important to keep as much pressure off young Harry as possible. Remember what happened with Dier: everyone went crazy over the lad, he had some bad games (and got some abhorrent abuse from the crowd), lost confidence, and now he's been eased out temporarily.

The captaincy is a responsibility, and an additional burden. I don't think we should burden Kane with it for a while yet. In a year or two, if he's still around, he'll be the leading candidate: but for now, it's best to let him concentrate on doing what he does best, namely inspiring the players around him by example, as opposed to by force of character or leadership.

Not yet. Hugo's a great captain to have, and if we need an on-pitch leader further forward, Fazio or Stambouli seem like more experienced options (although they're still new to the team, and hence I don't think the captain's armband is particularly in reach for either of them just yet).

It's important to keep as much pressure off young Harry as possible. Remember what happened with Dier: everyone went crazy over the lad, he had some bad games (and got some abhorrent abuse from the crowd), lost confidence, and now he's been eased out temporarily.

The captaincy is a responsibility, and an additional burden. I don't think we should burden Kane with it for a while yet. In a year or two, if he's still around, he'll be the leading candidate: but for now, it's best to let him concentrate on doing what he does best, namely inspiring the players around him by example, as opposed to by force of character or leadership.

Thank you - exactly! =D>

Harry Kane can do what he wants. I heard he once kicked the ball off his own crossbar and it rebounded and lobbed the keeper at the other end of the pitch. #kanefacts

I thought that this comment from Friedel was interesting in light of the conversation here

" Harry is an outstanding talent. He’s one of the best finishers I’ve ever played with. It’s time for him to focus and keep learning, keep his feet on the ground, and understand it’s a team sport,” Friedel added.

“We’ll get a lot of success if the team does everything that is asked of them. You do need someone to put the ball in the back of the net though and he can certainly do that for us.”

that's a terrible thing to say...after all the times i backed you up saying a man should be allowed to voice their own opinions[-(

still

CAPTAIN KANE too saaaaaavvee the DAAAYYYY!!! :D

come on admit he is actually better than a championship level player or a guy that belongs at the bottom of the league

I'll admit that just maybe I was completely wrong about our messi!

Hello mate not quite as ridiculous though as completely writing off the new manager after only half a season ;)

Haha, I wouldn't say I completely wrote him off, just expressed i was unimpressed with a lot of his decisions and not seeing a great system being put in place. I stand by it. I did say we need to give him time though. Let's hope Chelsea was the big turn for our season and not just a one off result and we go back to getting battered by the worst teams in the LEWGUE barely creating any chances! :)

Back