• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

sherwood vs redknapp

Add Arsenal and Chelsea at home during the 09/10 season to that list. Arsenal came alive in the last 15 minutes when the game was slipping away but we did an unbelievable job containing them for 75 minutes. We absolutely blew Chelsea away 3 days later and should have stuck 6 past them, and this was a Chelsea team that walked the league in the end, won the double and were smashing teams for fun towards the end under Ancellotti.

I would say that Gomes was our saviour mate ;-)…but those performances were certainly good stuff, yes.

That just sums it up. EVERY good signing we made under him was Levy and Redknapp knew nothing about it. All the bad ones were Redknapp. I'm not having a go at you, it's the rhetoric that is passed the stage of being boring.

What is Hootnow referring to? Calling him saggy? Giving him no credit for us finishing 4th twice, it was all down to Comolli's signings, nevermind that we were bottom when Redknapp rocked up :lol: Ramos still could have done the same apparently, he just needed time.

and what is wrong with people holding those opinions? or is there only one opinion on Redknapp and his time here that is allowed to ever be posted?

the saggy face comments are indeed distasteful, agreed.

as for your first paragraph Im not sure what you're on about to be quite honest, i don't think Redknapp made any bad signings really but i do think there's quite clear evidence as to which were his and which were from the club. no need to get in to it now - if it hasn't sunken in to your mind after the past few years then i don't think it ever will. ;)

and what is wrong with people holding those opinions? or is there only one opinion on Redknapp and his time here that is allowed to ever be posted?

as for your first paragraph Im not sure what you're on about to be quite honest, i don't think Redknapp made any bad signings really but i do think there's quite clear evidence as to which were his and which were from the club. no need to get in to it now - if it hasn't sunken in to your mind after the past few years then i don't think it ever will. ;)

Seconded.

I am interested to know if reading 'arrys book changed anybody's mind on Redknapp?

It was a very very entertaining read, and he is a charming raconteur. It didn't change anything much, but it certainly confirmed a few things I felt.

Seconded.

Thirded.

Never understood the hate for Harry, people would love to have two fourth placed finishes and a Champions League quarter final again. Easily our best manager in the last 20 years and we were playing exciting football as well.

To be honest, I thought Redknapp was a bit of a scumbag as a person and he screwed us over big time in his final season.

However, the constant insulting of him on this board and much worse, the constant putting down of a manager who gave us our most consistent league finishes in decades, as well as our only run in the CL that most of us can remember, really quite disrespectful. Especially as he's been gone for a while now.

finally

It was a very very entertaining read, and he is a charming raconteur. It didn't change anything much, but it certainly confirmed a few things I felt.

Very true, for all his 'sins' that CL season won't be topped for a long time.

Very true, for all his 'sins' that CL season won't be topped for a long time.

im sure you mean the Champions League run, rather than season as it was a pretty frustrating season, domestically speaking

I'm curious about this one. I've seen quite a lot of criticism of Sherwood in the media for both his tactical niavity and his touchline antics. Who do you think he is getting an easy ride off of?

I think to some extent there's a tabloid/broadsheet divide. The tabloid journalists are pro-Timmeh whereas the broadsheets are more anti.

I've always been one of Redknapp's critics, but of his coaching and personality. The physical comments were always well below the belt though, especially as it stems from a tragic car accident.

Yep. ****ging HR off personally is a bit tired now. He did bring us some success, and he does like bulldogs....

However.

We had Luis Suarez near-signed. What was it? £22m. Personal terms agreed. And then Redknapp does a U turn. Priceless! What is he worth now, let alone goals, goals, goals!

Still, I guess Steven Pienaar and Louis Saha made up for that......

Yep. ****ging HR off personally is a bit tired now. He did bring us some success, and he does like bulldogs....

However.

We had Luis Suarez near-signed. What was it? £22m. Personal terms agreed. And then Redknapp does a U turn. Priceless! What is he worth now, let alone goals, goals, goals!

When did this happen?

The Suarez thing is not confirmed ...

And as I mentioned in another thread about this, if Suarez had conducted himself for Spurs the way he did for Pool, the FA would have banned him for a season and the media would still be hounding him.

Harry's real only unforgiveable flaw was his being seduced by dreams of England .. if he didn't have that issue, no doubt for me we would have gotten at least 3-6 more points that season, CL and he would likely still be here ... sad ...

i find little between the two:

- media darlings
- gameplan is to outscore the opponent
- no idea about defending as a team
- seems like player selection is all that is needed, players need to "step up" and individual commitment more important than coach tactics and strategy
- white-knuckled finish every game
- a couple of "undroppables"
- pro English coach and players

you are so wrong with regards to Redknapps reign......Bond and Jordan always had us well organised at the back, we had the midfielders protecting the back four too. The team was well coached imo

However.

yeah the Suarez thing was very disappointing.....i remember Jol saying at the time that Levy was always on the phone to him asking about Suarez and iirc Levy even went over personally to get a deal done..........for our scouts and coaching staff to come to the conclusion that Suarez was not what we needed was macaronic imo. Redknapp said something about Suarez being too similar to VDV :lol: jesus h christ:(

Back