• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sharing speakers between 2 PCs..

Dorothy

Willem Korsten
Quite simple. 2 PCs (desktops). 1 has speakers and I would like all of the sound from the other to use those speakers via the network.

Ive seen Share Speaker Player but that only works for music I pre-select. So looking for a way to capture all sound from 1 pc and stream it via the second pc's speakers. Ideally without lag.

Anyone.. anyone... anyone... ?

PC with speakers running Win 7 Pro. Without is Win Vista 64 Ultimate.

Last edited:
Quite simple. 2 PCs (desktops). 1 has speakers and I would like all of the sound from the other to use those speakers via the network.

Ive seen Share Speaker Player but that only works for music I pre-select. So looking for a way to capture all sound from 1 pc and stream it via the second pc's speakers. Ideally without lag.

Anyone.. anyone... anyone... ?

PC with speakers running Win 7 Pro. Without is Win Vista 64 Ultimate.

if the pcs are on a shared network
just open the sound files from non speaker PC, on speaker PC

or am I missing something bloody obvious?

if the pcs are on a shared network
just open the sound files from non speaker PC, on speaker PC

or am I missing something bloody obvious?

Seems like the 'all sound' bit would require some special set-up. For example, when windows starts up, you want that windows jingle to be heard. I'm guessing the speakers only have one set of inputs on them?

The only thing I can think of is a USB switcher going into the speakers. Each computer connects to an input.

Depending on the distance between them you may get away with a long USB cable, otherwise you may need to convert USB to ethernet and back.

Just thought, these are USB speakers right?

The only thing I can think of is a USB switcher going into the speakers. Each computer connects to an input.

Depending on the distance between them you may get away with a long USB cable, otherwise you may need to convert USB to ethernet and back.

Just thought, these are USB speakers right?

if the PCs are networked, there is no need for the physical connectivity, surely?

only one PC needs to have the speakers connected, and drive the speakers from a sound file or stream, from either of the PCs, via the network???

if the PCs are networked, there is no need for the physical connectivity, surely?

only one PC needs to have the speakers connected, and drive the speakers from a sound file or stream, from either of the PCs, via the network???

I think the OP wants the non-connected PC to drive the sound rather than just network streaming - if it's streaming then it's simple.

The speakers attach to the sound/soundcard outputs. I'd like all sound. So I wondered if there is a way of say outputting via a virtual soundcard 'What you here' via the network to the other pc. So a bit like Share Mouse or Share Speaker but for all sound. I know I can do it via cables but would prefer not to have to.

Can't you just buy a crappy pair of speakers for the other PC?

What are you trying to hear, high quality music... or just error beeps and the Windows theme tune etc?

Can't you just buy a crappy pair of speakers for the other PC?

What are you trying to hear, high quality music... or just error beeps and the Windows theme tune etc?

I will indeed go shopping. Wanted to limit the cables and keep the desk space clutter free. Appreciate the ideas.

Back