• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Several days until I attend my next meeting of Pedants Anonymous

Thinking about it, and I know you all would rather I didn't, but what do they call the programme for people addicted to anonymity? Standing in the circle and saying, "My name is Dave and I'm addicted to anonymity," would be a tough ask at the first meeting.

Last edited:
And what about pathological liars. That would be an interesting one.

"My name is Dave and I'm addicted to lying." Hmmm.

I found out a few days ago that LOL is actually part of the dictionary. Bet it winds you guys up no end! Still no ROFLCOPTER just yet though.

Anyhow, goodbye and good LOL to you all!

Anyone who got number 2 wrong can give themselves an extra point - it's flimflam.
Yes. Jesus never had a crash helmet.

As for the apostrophe placement, I would think that looks correct. For the singular possessive of a name ending with an 's' I would normally just add an apostrophe to the end, as they said. A quick google both confirms and contradicts this so someone is spreading fake grammar. SAD.

Last edited:
Back