• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

partly, but with the hope of actually winning the European Cup, which is how you "win" football, it's the only tournament that matters, you can't win it if you are not in it
If my son wins a cup in youth football, I'll say "son, that trophy ain't worth brick, galeforce said so"!

If my son wins a cup in youth football, I'll say "son, that trophy ain't worth brick, galeforce said so"!

ha ha, well played

my comment was merely in reference to clubs in the professional european system

as Henry Cooper so saliently pointed out "the amateur game is the amateur game", which I think, speaks volumes

You get more money for winning the PL than the CL so that should be top of your list Galeforce really shouldn't it?

You get more money for winning the PL than the CL so that should be top of your list Galeforce really shouldn't it?

nah, winning the European Trophy is the whole point, thats the end game, thats what we need the money for

well, to be specific, when football ends, the point is to be the organisation which won it the most times, and you don't need to win the PL to win the CL, don't get me wrong, it would be lovely, but its the cherry not the cake

Last edited:

We're already in the PL. I don't think winning it pays that much more. What we want is CL on top. Added exposure means bigger sponsorship deals. It also takes money away from another club.

Premier-League-Prize-Money-table-2016-Confirmed.jpg

As the figures arent MASSIVELY different, its really about the privilege of being Champeens and obviously the increased revenue of CL.

... Only situation I'm unsure on is what happens to the Europa League winners spot if we or United finish top 4 and win the Europa League as well. It wasn't clear on that issue on UEFA's website.
The EL winners place would not be used. The team from the highest ranking country which would otherwise enter in the previous qualifying round is moved up to fill the space.

I'd rather win the EL than take part in the CL. Just as we get good enough to win the EL, we qualify for the CL.

True. But I would rather take part in the CL than take part in the EL. And I would rather see us as CL regulars than EL regulars as I think the former will see us with more titles overall.

And with the CL you have the finish third in the group and get into the EL option ;) Always a popular one...

Back