• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

CcZAQiOWwAE4mUl.jpg

Id say he will be missed.

Wow, impressive or what?

It is just surreal, so many pundits are now tipping us for the title, heck a couple of months ago they were all saying we could not win it because we draw too many games.

Incredible, just incredible. At the beginning of the season I tipped us for 5th and would have been happy with that, now I will be disappointed if we finish 4th, this is crazy, good crazy, but crazy.

CcZAQiOWwAE4mUl.jpg

Id say he will be missed.

Impressive for sure, but partly also a product of their style of play.

Looking at tackles for example...

Lucas Leiva actually has more tackles per game than him, but a lot fewer appearances. Kante has 4.1 tackles per game, Gueye at Villa has 4.0, Dembele has 3.8 for us. If let our opponents have the ball as much as Leicester do Dembele would have 10-15 minutes more per game of time to get tackles in...

Impressive for sure, but partly also a product of their style of play.

Looking at tackles for example...

Lucas Leiva actually has more tackles per game than him, but a lot fewer appearances. Kante has 4.1 tackles per game, Gueye at Villa has 4.0, Dembele has 3.8 for us. If let our opponents have the ball as much as Leicester do Dembele would have 10-15 minutes more per game of time to get tackles in...

Yes very true, i suppose the test will be whether they have someone that can do the same job he does to anywhere near the standard and if not, what affect that has on the side.

Yes very true, i suppose the test will be whether they have someone that can do the same job he does to anywhere near the standard and if not, what affect that has on the side.

They don't. Though King is more attacking and could be a better fit for games they dominate though it obviously also weakens them. I rate Inler, but he's hardly had a look in this season and probably isn't going to be match fit.

Not the worst time for them to be without Kante I would have thought. Would have been a much bigger miss against City, Arsenal, ourselves etc.

Fact is that even with Kante they were at best equal to Norwich in terms of performance this weekend. If they don't up their performance levels they will need a lot of luck to keep picking up points the way they have. Even against WBA, Watford and similar opposition.

They don't. Though King is more attacking and could be a better fit for games they dominate though it obviously also weakens them. I rate Inler, but he's hardly had a look in this season and probably isn't going to be match fit.

Not the worst time for them to be without Kante I would have thought. Would have been a much bigger miss against City, Arsenal, ourselves etc.

Fact is that even with Kante they were at best equal to Norwich in terms of performance this weekend. If they don't up their performance levels they will need a lot of luck to keep picking up points the way they have. Even against WBA, Watford and similar opposition.

Added to the fact they are playing West Brom, who arent exactly going to go gung-ho against them, they are a Pulis side, they can sit deep and therefore stop Vardy from running in behind, it should be very interesting.

Added to the fact they are playing West Brom, who arent exactly going to go gung-ho against them, they are a Pulis side, they can sit deep and therefore stop Vardy from running in behind, it should be very interesting.

Should be. Norwich put up a good blueprint for how to play Leicester at the moment. And it's essentially the blueprint Pulis would have used anyway.

Fingers crossed for big Tony Pulis. Always been a fan... Who doesn't like wearing a tracksuit and trucker cap out in public? I sure don't mind. In fact I might wear that all day tomorrow to celebrate the brilliance that is Tony Pulis.

Should be. Norwich put up a good blueprint for how to play Leicester at the moment. And it's essentially the blueprint Pulis would have used anyway.

Fingers crossed for big Tony Pulis. Always been a fan... Who doesn't like wearing a tracksuit and trucker cap out in public? I sure don't mind. In fact I might wear that all day tomorrow to celebrate the brilliance that is Tony Pulis.

If they win i am dusting my shellsuit off.

I am more worried that people forget there is 11 matches to go in this season. NO ONE WINS THE LEAGUE IN FEBRUARY!! Lets focus one game at a time. West Ham is up next. Spurs are doing well. As Poch said in the post game interview, the next game is the most important one. Enjoy the moment but prepare for Wednesday.

May we destroy the Spammers' European dreams.

Amen to that there is still away to go and unless we concentrate ( and win) the next game it could all go pear shape.

Amen to that there is still away to go and unless we concentrate ( and win) the next game it could all go pear shape.

Equally no team in the current top 3/4 loses the league in a single game in February... (Or the beginning of March)

Winning against West Ham would be great, but a draw wouldn't be a bad result. It would see us go into the NLD ahead of Arsenal.

Equally no team in the current top 3/4 loses the league in a single game in February... (Or the beginning of March)

Winning against West Ham would be great, but a draw wouldn't be a bad result. It would see us go into the NLD ahead of Arsenal.

We will be ahead of Arsenal on goal difference on Saturday unless they win by 20 goals or something.

Wow, impressive or what?

You think that's impressive...

@SpursStatMan

Tottenham in the PL this season:
Best goal difference (+28)
Best defensive record (21)
Best shot accuracy (56%)
Most set-piece goals (19)
Most shots at goal (458)
Most chances created (350)
Joint most goals scored (49)

Only Barcelona (8) are on a longer winning streak than Tottenham (6) out of all teams in Europe's top five leagues (league games only).

Last edited:
Maybe Kante's absence will mean more exposure for Wasilewski.

He is effective for them, but an utter thug. He's due a Red. Frankly he's the only thing in Leicester's setup I really dislike ...... apart from them being above us.

Have to sit high up in the stands for that game, if you don't want to get a whiplash!

Back