• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

Looks like he's off to Brentford. No buy option may mean we expect him to do well enough that he could fetch us a tidy sum in the summer?

He should get plenty of playing time with Rico Henry out for the season. Hope he smashes it, both for his career and our coffers.

Tiny rather than tidy sum, as he'll be nearly out of contract then. Same as Hojbjerg and Sessegnon - this is the last window he'd get a reasonable fee for them; come the summer they'll be nominal.

Tiny rather than tidy sum, as he'll be nearly out of contract then. Same as Hojbjerg and Sessegnon - this is the last window he'd get a reasonable fee for them; come the summer they'll be nominal.

Probably on purpose, everyone is fudging broke except us (or bricking their pants re FFP)

A year left, book value will be down, we can get a little bit of money, get the wages off the book, move on.

No disrespect to Brentford intended but to go from being potentially bought back by Real Madrid to ending up there on loan after two disappointing loans at big clubs that went badly, it's a helluva drop down. Both Atletico and United moving for him was just odd....

Wish him well, his attitude and effort haven't been a problem but he's just not particularly good, at anything really. Generally panics anytime he's got the ball in good areas and isn't reliable defensively. I'd rather have Royal playing at LB in lieu of Udogie as at least you have one side of the role covered.

Not all signings can be winners but looks like we will take a hit on this one, hopefully he can salvage some momentum and do well enough to convince Brentford to sign him permanently.

He spent the first half of atletico in hospital, and then had to get fit again.

United, are united. Fans thought he was good, but wasn't getting picked.

He is a good player, and I hope he has a good 2nd half of the season. Means we might get a sale, and hopefully takes points off our rivals

He spent the first half of atletico in hospital, and then had to get fit again.

United, are united. Fans thought he was good, but wasn't getting picked.

He is a good player, and I hope he has a good 2nd half of the season. Means we might get a sale, and hopefully takes points off our rivals

Was listening to the story about that. He went into hospital for a minor thing. Then caught a superbug there. Almost died. Took ages to recover.

I can't figure out what it is with Reguilon. I really rate him, think he has all the tools, seems a decent lad and yet he's never torn up trees. It's a mad one, when he first came here, we were all bricking ourselves coz Madrid had a buyback clause. Now he's at Brentford.

I can't figure out what it is with Reguilon. I really rate him, think he has all the tools, seems a decent lad and yet he's never torn up trees. It's a mad one, when he first came here, we were all bricking ourselves coz Madrid had a buyback clause. Now he's at Brentford.

Because he's an in-between player (I'll try to explain)
- He's not a brilliant FB defensively
- He's not a good finisher
- What he is, is a decent FB that can progress the ball up the pitch and get the ball to your creative/final threat. Good engine, good attitude (he looked like he cared way more about winning/losing than half the bums in that United side), makes himself constantly available for a pass

So what?
- Didn't work for Conte because Conte expects a WB role that scores regularly, Conte also by fudging the midfield leaves all defenders exposed badly.
- For Ange I'm not sure, maybe it's the in-between thing, being neither a Porro or a Royal

Obviously injury/illness has set him back, but for a failure, he's had time at Madrid, Spurs, Atleti & United, and played La Liga, PL & CL ..

Hope he gets his career back on track.

Because he's an in-between player (I'll try to explain)
- He's not a brilliant FB defensively
- He's not a good finisher
- What he is, is a decent FB that can progress the ball up the pitch and get the ball to your creative/final threat. Good engine, good attitude (he looked like he cared way more about winning/losing than half the bums in that United side), makes himself constantly available for a pass

So what?
- Didn't work for Conte because Conte expects a WB role that scores regularly, Conte also by fudging the midfield leaves all defenders exposed badly.
- For Ange I'm not sure, maybe it's the in-between thing, being neither a Porro or a Royal

Obviously injury/illness has set him back, but for a failure, he's had time at Madrid, Spurs, Atleti & United, and played La Liga, PL & CL ..

Hope he gets his career back on track.

Could be more simple than that for ange. Wants a non hg space in the squad to bring in someone if they become available. Already have 3 players that can play there in the squad.

Didn’t he get the most assists in La Liga one year?

I’d say that’s tearing up trees.

I still think he's the 2nd best LB on our books. Arguably the best crosser of the ball after Porro as well. Other than him not being HG I'm really confused as to why he's not still with us.

27 year old player with contract winding down and not getting playing time (devaluing the asset), not hard to understand.

Richi is a year younger (also not always a starter) and has almost a 100 more games played in his career.

I think Reguilon missed his window to develop to his peak, but playing 17 games (so far) this season on loan, with a lot of starts is much better for him than playing 3 or 4 games when Udogie isn't available or getting 10 minutes at back end of a match at his age.

I still think he's the 2nd best LB on our books. Arguably the best crosser of the ball after Porro as well. Other than him not being HG I'm really confused as to why he's not still with us.

See my point below, he needs game time (lots of it), he's 27 and still not finished product, he wasn't going to get it in front of Udogie.

Davies is the finished product (this is as good as he will get, also happy to play a team role)

If Reguilon absolutely smashes it for rest of season, we can reconsider, but either way the player benefits ..

Hopefully we have learned, players like Rodon, Reguilon, etc are not helped if we don't really play them, better for both parties to get them significant playing time.

Back