• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

I know criticising Ndombele is frowned upon by lots on here, but he badly picked the wrong pass there. Kane had as much space as Reguilon and plenty of room to get a shot off
Yeah, although the Wolves #27 did make the through ball to Kane trickier.

Screenshot_20201228-100703_YouTube.jpg

The eventual pass to Regulion should've been hit into space for him to run onto at least, as Sergio had to halt his run or ball would've ended up behind him.

Screenshot_20201228-101049_YouTube.jpg

Yeah, although the Wolves #27 did make the through ball to Kane trickier.

View attachment 10424

The eventual pass to Regulion should've been hit into space for him to run onto at least, as Sergio had to halt his run or ball would've ended up behind him.

View attachment 10425
I think the ball to Kane is trickier. Perhaps Kane could have moved a bit wider.

I think the best option for Ndombele in that situation is to move to the right, make the defender closest to Kane make a decision and then release Kane. But there's obviously a risk there too.

Reguilon could have done better too.

If we were making 4 or 5 of these type of chances a game making wrong choices wouldn't be such a problem.

The underlying problem isn't the poor pass Ndombele made but the fact that this was probably our own half decent opportunity in the game after the goal.

If we are going to be sitting so permanently in a low block we must as a minimum create 4 or 5 sharp counter attacking plays. It keeps the opposition honest and obviously leads to goal scoring chances.

If we were making 4 or 5 of these type of chances a game making wrong choices wouldn't be such a problem.

The underlying problem isn't the poor pass Ndombele made but the fact that this was probably our own half decent opportunity in the game after the goal.

If we are going to be sitting so permanently in a low block we must as a minimum create 4 or 5 sharp counter attacking plays. It keeps the opposition honest and obviously leads to goal scoring chances.

Yeah this is bang on - i said as much to someone in the OMT who was saying the tactics worked because of 3 'chances' to make it 2 nil. Firstly the chances we did have were minor and secondly they were the type of chances you should be creating multiples of as par for the course

Oof.

Going to have to kiss the boss's backside for a long, long time to make up for that.

And to be honest, it's fully deserved - if it's accurate that this party of his was at Christmas and he then lied about it, the boy was a duplicitous macaron, along with Lamela, Lo Celso and Lanzini . And when I think of ordinary folks, people unable to see their isolated parents, partners and loved ones during this time, or those unable say goodbye to folks passing away because of these damn rules....I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for him or the Argentine duo for breaking them for a Christmas bash.

If he's benched now, it's his own fault - likewise if he plays for the U-23s for a good long spell. And he's going to have to work incredibly hard to get back into the good books of Mourinho.

Lucky for Reguilon that he’s a first choice player most weeks when fit. That’s usually how the world works. If you’re expendable you won’t get away with big mistakes but if you have value or your employers like you then they will overlook/forgive mistakes. He’s more valuable to us in terms of being a first choice regular than the other two involved which helps Reggie.

I’d imagine the three of them want to give the clown who put it on social media a kick in the hole.

Not his/her fault, the three players are solely responsible, but what a brainless thing to do.

I’d imagine the three of them want to give the clown who put it on social media a kick in the hole.

Not his/her fault, the three players are solely responsible, but what a brainless thing to do.
It was a brainless thing by them to get in the photo in the first place, what did they think someone was going to do when taking a picture with famous footballers? Very disappointing on so many levels....

It was a brainless thing by them to get in the photo in the first place, what did they think someone was going to do when taking a picture with famous footballers? Very disappointing on so many levels....

Just confirms that football players are not the most intelligent of folks.

Just confirms that football players are not the most intelligent of folks.

While on the whole that is fairly accurate, they could just have trusted the person who took then photo who then turned into a taco and decided to make some money from it.

he is getting closer to netting that is for sure. Love his pace and workrate. And that cross was a thing of beauty. Worried Real will want him back.

Back