• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Still goes to ground too early for my liking and very obviously so he's easy to evade. Did it again against Salah and could have been costly.
But also didn't go to ground on 2-3 occasions where I was absolutely sure he would, so I think he's improving in that regard.

I am confident that the man (Poch) who was at the helm as Rose & Walker became top, top, 'triffic full backs can help Aurier scale and attain those same vertiginous heights
Quite possibly.

But sometimes I think it's somewhat forgotten that part of Pochettino's strategy is to simply discard those who aren't learning quickly enough or not showing the right aptitude or attitude.

Could see Aurier go either way really. Though I think it's more likely he improves to the point of being very good (or better).

Quite possibly.

But sometimes I think it's somewhat forgotten that part of Pochettino's strategy is to simply discard those who aren't learning quickly enough or not showing the right aptitude or attitude.

Could see Aurier go either way really. Though I think it's more likely he improves to the point of being very good (or better).
We certainly saw that with N'Jie (and others). It appears though that Aurier has a stronger starting point - PSG and all that - talent-wise than those discarded.

I forget which pundit said it but he felt Aurier would step in and be the best RB in the Premier league right away and make us all forget Kyle Walker in a hurry. I agree with his sentiments

I forget which pundit said it but he felt Aurier would step in and be the best RB in the Premier league right away and make us all forget Kyle Walker in a hurry. I agree with his sentiments

I think he has the ability to, but conceding a penalty, and being sent off in his first few games wasn't the best of starts. I think he's an excellent player, with pace and strength. He will come through and be as good as people hope, but he needs to calm down a bit sometimes.

I think he has the ability to, but conceding a penalty, and being sent off in his first few games wasn't the best of starts. I think he's an excellent player, with pace and strength. He will come through and be as good as people hope, but he needs to calm down a bit sometimes.
i like your take on it.

You'd prefer Aurier? He's a good player but he's going to need a whole season to adjust to premier league football.

Walker's even improved his crossing recently.
Walker is 27, Aurier 24 - At 24 Walker was dodgy in many areas of his game part from his athleticism. To me Walker is better now but we couldn't keep him due to his desire to be back up north (aka tripling his wages and being able to pay for a cash-fueled club). Aurier COULD BE a triffic replacement.

Back