• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

this move wasnt about money, but that doesnt mean if in the future he is offered 200k a week elsewhere he wont be tempted. Im just being realistic and will simply enjoy him at Spurs for however long that may be, short or long term.

Yeah, fair enough. Same here.

Saying that, we must be a much more interesting proposition to players now, what with everything going on at the club but we will still be susceptible to losing players when it comes to wages. Let's just hope that Aurier is a big success whilst he's here and he enjoys getting his hands on some top class silverware more than he enjoys looking at his payslip! :)

The two new main squad players may not play for a couple of weeks, they will need time to get up to speed.
Pochettino needs time to work with them. So I'm not expecting to see them against Dortmund.

The two new main squad players may not play for a couple of weeks, they will need time to get up to speed.
Pochettino needs time to work with them. So I'm not expecting to see them against Dortmund.

Trippier struggles against pace, this we know as fact, why risk him against the skill and pace of Dortmund. Serge played 2 international matches so he is match fit which is more than I can say for Trippier

Having seen Trippier defend this season I would suggest he is the one who needs time to come up to speed, in his 2 appearances so far this season he has been poor

Trippier struggles against pace, this we know as fact, why risk him against the skill and pace of Dortmund. Serge played 2 international matches so he is match fit which is more than I can say for Trippier

Having seen Trippier defend this season I would suggest he is the one who needs time to come up to speed, in his 2 appearances so far this season he has been poor

I agree but let see if Trippier has got over his resent "injury" which Pochettino said he has had.

By the way who are the "two main squad players"? One of Llorente, Serge and Sanchez would like to have words with you

But thats why Pochettino get paid the big bucks!

The two defenders may play but I'm personally not expecting it for a couple of weeks!

And with Wanyama injured what happens if Poch decides to play with back 3? Lets face it our best performances last season came when we played with a back 3

Worth a watch. Sounds like he's matured a lot since his incidents. We'll see about that though, but I liked this. :) he mostly talks about his time at psg, but talks about us and looking forward to his new life towards the end.

Worth a watch. Sounds like he's matured a lot since his incidents. We'll see about that though, but I liked this. :) he mostly talks about his time at psg, but talks about us and looking forward to his new life towards the end.

Was about to post that. Around the 7:00-8:00 minute mark, he talks about how Levy flew over to Paris to personally talk to him about a potential move, and how that was followed up with Poch calling him afterwards and explaining the role he'd play here and the opportunities he'd have. He seems to appreciate both those gestures - and when combined with him mentioning how we 'fought' for him regarding his work permit, it seems like he really appreciates being given a bit of tailored attention and support. It may even have been what swung this transfer to us in the end, because he mentions the interest other clubs were showing before his decision to come to us - a claim backed up by all the reports of United, Chelsea et al. being interested in him before our move.

If it's all legit, props to Levy for realizing that this one needed that sort of personal touch to get it over the line - I can't imagine that it's routine for him to talk to all our signings personally.

Was about to post that. Around the 7:00-8:00 minute mark, he talks about how Levy flew over to Paris to personally talk to him about a potential move, and how that was followed up with Poch calling him afterwards and explaining the role he'd play here and the opportunities he'd have. He seems to appreciate both those gestures - and when combined with him mentioning how we 'fought' for him regarding his work permit, it seems like he really appreciates being given a bit of tailored attention and support. It may even have been what swung this transfer to us in the end, because he mentions the interest other clubs were showing before his decision to come to us - a claim backed up by all the reports of United, Chelsea et al. being interested in him before our move.

If it's all legit, props to Levy for realizing that this one needed that sort of personal touch to get it over the line - I can't imagine that it's routine for him to talk to all our signings personally.
I think it sets down a bit of a marker to Aurier too in terms of what is expected and accepted at the club.

I think it sets down a bit of a marker to Aurier too in terms of what is expected and accepted at the club.

Oh, no doubt - he mentions that he's not joining just 'any club', but one with ambition and expectations. He mentions that we finished second last season behind only Chelsea, and uses that as proof that he's not just going anywhere, but actively moving forward in terms of career progression by joining us. I suspect all that was impressed on him by Levy and Poch, and that he correspondingly knows what's expected of him at Hotspur Way.

We're now *juuust* big enough that we can start having expectations of even players like Aurier (top quality signings from teams above us in the pecking order), where previously we'd probably just have been grateful to get a player like that at all. I think Aurier's one of those players that needs a bit of 'Arry-esque arm-around-the-shoulder stuff at times, but I think he's also been told in no uncertain terms what can and cannot fly when he's representing us - and provided he sticks to those expectations, I think Poch can do the arm-around-the-shoulder thing to make him feel at home.

He looks like he will fall out with us at some point as he seems very emotional.

However with people like this if we show him support and a little forgiving he will be loyal.

He looks like he will fall out with us at some point as he seems very emotional.

However with people like this if we show him support and a little forgiving he will be loyal.

I worry about how he'll take to our crowd, to be honest. We are not forgiving - probably one of the least forgiving fanbases in the Premier League, to our definite discredit. We dump on our players with frightening ease at times.

As I said, Aurier seems very much like an 'arm-around-the-shoulder' type. Treatment similar to the sort we dished out to Sissoko (prior to the heartening display of support he got yesterday) probably won't go down well with him at all. I hope he's professional enough to keep going despite that, if it happens.

Thanks for posting that @Daisuk

As Dubai says, the fact he appreciates Levy flying out there to push the deal through and Poch's calls means I think he's got what it takes to fit in and become part of the squad which lets be honest has a great atmosphere and benefit in terms of our team spirit.

Let those who want to keep talking about his troubled past get on with it. Means nothing to where he is in life now.

Also interesting that he grew up in/around Paris which means he's going to find living in London nothing too out the ordinary.

i read about his brush with the law, however in that video he mentioned a moment he shared with the coach with a difficult game playing against L'Orient - what was that about?

Back