• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

See you guys in August

I am not sure if we will be challenging for the title next season and the reason is we will be in the CL and we have been told many times by some we can not challenge for the Prem and Europe at the same time.:)

I am not sure if we will be challenging for the title next season and the reason is we will be in the CL and we have been told many times by some we can not challenge for the Prem and Europe at the same time.:)
I also think that challenging for the title is a fair bit optimistic, but not because we play CL, but because I think we got lucky last season, with many clubs underperforming (and one club massively overperforming).

I also think that challenging for the title is a fair bit optimistic, but not because we play CL, but because I think we got lucky last season, with many clubs underperforming (and one club massively overperforming).

No doubt the 'traditional' teams will come back a little this season. You also have Leicester who so far have kept their team together. Then Pool, even Everton etc. But what this means, hopefully, is that the league is ultra competitive, anyone can beat anyone, and keeps it open, like it was last season.

What we have over the monied clubs is a stable team. If Poch can build on our foundations, with the team all one year wiser, anything is possible. We won't be favourites, but we won't be seen as such outsides as we were last season.

I'd take winning the CL over the league anyway :)

This thread is fantastic. Like a tutorial in diving down a well. In formation.

Well, let me tie on another anchor before you resume your respective plummets. We probably won't have a long run in Champions League. Weekend pub chat rolled on to speculate about CL group play. Spurs have dropped to 23rd place in the UEFA co-efficient table, meaning third pot for us in the group stage draw. In a worst case scenario, we could wind up with a group featuring Barcelona, Dortmund, and Roma. Or Juventus, Atletico and (Rug)Munchin' Gladbach. Or CSKA Moscow, Sevilla and Sporting Lisbon.

Hey, we all loved the tasty matchups and surprising outcomes that came about the last time Spurs were in CL. 'Taxi for Maicon' and all that and this brilliant piece of uplifting art:

So, maybe there's nothing to be down about.

Until speculation begins about what Europa League play will do to our league form once Spurs finish third in their CL group.

Back