• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

See you guys in August

This group rage got little or nothing to do with Arsenal and everything to do with losing 5-1 to bloody Saudi Sportswashing Machine who are bloody relegated and with ten 10 men.
I dont give a tinker's what Arsenal or any other team do. I just want Spurs to win!!!!!!
Arsenal finishing above us is just adding to our misery but out front and centre is our abject capitulation 5-1 to relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Agreed in part. Our final four games are; West Brom (H), Chelski (A), Southampton (H) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A). We needed 3 points to be guaranteed 2nd. What did we do - DDLL. I can fully understand the anger in people.

I did wonder if there has been some behind the scenes discontent after the Chelsea game. Yes the players had each others backs during the game, but once the dust had settled, were there recriminations about the outcome, loss of heads etc.? And although Poch did not make a big fuss of it all publicly, we have no idea (quite rightly) of what disciplinary measures may have been imposed. Poch, as others have said, has not seemed the same himself for the last couple of games either.
All utter speculation of course. Hopefully nothing more sinister than a drop off in mental concentration/focus.
I, too, am hoping it's a drop-off in mental concentration/focus, given the fact we had qualified for the CL group stages and there was not much to play for after that. But even if it is, that's a bit concerning, especially when the coach seems to have mailed it in. This filters down to the players and it is the coach's responsibility to keep them focused at all times. Maybe there's nothing to play for, but at that point professionalism should take over and be the driving force for giving it the good old college try. In any case, maybe this another lesson to be learned for both the manager and the players. Whole lotta lessons these past few weeks. A few too many for my taste, but no judgement on my part yet, as they have earned the benefit of the doubt with what they did the rest of the season. Let's hope these lessons stick with the players and Poch next season and beyond.

I'm on youtube just posting random raves on scum lovers sites. Sado-masochism at it's best ! Or probably worst, hahaha

I deliberately stayed away from here since Sunday and some of the posts in here show I made the right decision. So many moaning, bitching, crying and over the top rants. We finished higher then most of us thought we would and yet we get all the same brick we have got when we were struggling to make the top four.

I was there on Sunday and I was gutted at our performance and I also stayed over the night and had to witness a load of tinkled up geordies celebrating their win. Was I happy? no but some of the cries from so called Spurs supporters is way over the top and childish.

I deliberately stayed away from here since Sunday and some of the posts in here show I made the right decision. So many moaning, bitching, crying and over the top rants. We finished higher then most of us thought we would and yet we get all the same brick we have got when we were struggling to make the top four.

I was there on Sunday and I was gutted at our performance and I also stayed over the night and had to witness a load of tinkleed up geordies celebrating their win. Was I happy? no but some of the cries from so called Spurs supporters is way over the top and childish.
I have one thing to say: if @parklane1 , someone who has supported the team for over 60 years and has spent a pretty penny to be there in person home and away, can show restraint and take it in stride, there is no excuse for any of us to moan and complain. Of all people he has earned the right to do so, yet he doesn't. I think we should take his example. That's not to say we shouldn't question and point out things, but when we go OTT, let's step back for a moment and think about how much we have invested in supporting the team before going gaga.

^alekaras. I dont agree. Humans are not made of one spec. Besides he might be used to the disappointment and has calibrated himself to it. You cant say people cant have opinions different from him because he has supported Spurs for a long time. In that case no one should post any opinions on glory glory and we should turn it into a 'parklane post' like-fest.

^alekaras. I dont agree. Humans are not made of one spec. Besides he might be used to the disappointment and has calibrated himself to it. You cant say people cant have opinions different from him because he has supported Spurs for a long time. In that case no one should post any opinions on glory glory and we should turn it into a 'parklane post' like-fest.
I never said we shouldn't have different opinions. It's the going mental thing that I'm talking about. I don't agree with parklane on a number of things, but I do agree that over-the-top reactions are really unnecessary. Even if you're built that way, at least trying to take a step back and revisit your reactions will only be beneficial. It's always good to put things in perspective.

No one is saying we should all think the same thing and to be honest I fail to see how you came to that conclusion. I can assure you that myself and the guys I travel with were as sick as a pig on Sunday night and depressed does not even come close.

My point is that there are those who are completely over the top with their reaction to defeats and come across as spoilt children, we support a team and to hear some of the abuse that SOME are hurling at the players and manager after the season we have had is like school kids who need to grow up, of course that is only my opinion and others may disagree. As for your point about being used to disappointment well I have no idea how long you have to support a club before you manage happiness and disappointment without frothing at the mouth like some have/are doing.

Last edited:
Can anyone see us realistically challenging for the league this year?

The Gossip colum has become depressing reading lately, the over spending by the Manchester clubs and Chelsea is hardly anything new but looking at their incoming managers as well hardly fills me with hope. Manchester United are showing that it doesn't matter if you're in the CL or not.

I know we have a very good manager and a very good starting XI but, whilst we have made a decent signing in Wanyama, we are simply being blown out of the water once again and at the current rate have little chance of staying where we are, let alone improving.

The Gossip colum has become depressing reading lately, the over spending by the Manchester clubs and Chelsea is hardly anything new but looking at their incoming managers as well hardly fills me with hope. Manchester United are showing that it doesn't matter if you're in the CL or not.

I know we have a very good manager and a very good starting XI but, whilst we have made a decent signing in Wanyama, we are simply being blown out of the water once again and at the current rate have little chance of staying where we are, let alone improving.

People say this every summer

So, 9 of our starting 11 from last season (Kane, Dier, Alli, Walker, Rose, Lamela, Vertonghen, Alderwireld and Dembele) will come back from the Euro2016/Copa America feeling down from the failure of their national teams. Another (Lloris) might soon face the same. Only 1 (Eriksen) were not involved in any of the disappointing campaigns. Pochettino will need to work extra hard to lift them all. Apart from Wanyama, we badly need to sign more quality players.

We'll be fine, that we were in a title challenge last season was an aberration based on the failures of others, we won't be in that situation next season so the pressure should be less.

As long as the squad improves year on year we are doing ok.

The only slight worry from my POV is that our collapse didn't involve young players cracking, it was the more experienced heads that went missing imo, those that have won titles before. I'm sure Poch will have noticed that.

Firepower!

I know we were close to top of the scoring charts, but we need a bit more firepower. More goals from midfield, and a another striker might take us to another level. It should be another great season as the team matures.

Thought I was going to win my annual bet on Spurs for the title last season :) This year the odds won't be anywhere as good!!

Last edited:
People say this every summer

True but this isn't "every summer". Man Utd are spending their vast swaths of cash on the right formula, Emirates Marketing Project have wealth plus the the best manager of the past 10 years (imo) and Chelsea are doing their usual high jacking of deals.

Anyway, just gonna have to wait and see what we do...

No we are doomed.

I'd always counsel against setting too much store by the fact of CL qualification in our case. I won't reiterate my view here; I'll just refer the reader to my comments on Michy "I'll only consider Champions' League teams" Batshuayi. The same code gets regular use every window and more often than not passes without comment or gets the benefit of the doubt because the lie is only given when the unusual happens (like Leicester and Spurs qualifying).

I doubt we'll challenge for the title because as Gaelforce says we were way ahead of schedule for doing so last season anyway.

We can still get top 4 though which is very important for the progression of the club. The first season you're in CL you get the attraction of being in it but the money doesn't come till the end. You need to 'link'
together seasons in the CL to really reap the benefits of it (Like Atletico Madrid) and that isn't something that we failed to do last time.

This season will be much harder than last but we do have the advantage of having a first 11 that requires very little, if any, tweaking who all know how their boss wants them to play.

I'd also not judge how the season will go on the gossip collumns. Even if some of the bigger names linked do arrive there is no guarantee that they will succeed... Between the money clubs signings in recent years you could probably put together a couple of squads of big money players who failed. #

The likes of Di Maria and Falcao probably would have seemed much more attractive than having Alli & Harry Kane but two went on to fail in the Premier League where as the other two have made their mark and are still improving.

As things stand today, I think it's difficult to choose between the two Manchester and three London clubs for the title next yr. Liverpool won't be far off but, if we can add a couple decent squad players, we can approach next season with optimism and actually more optimism than we have for years. We improving year on year and I don't think you can ask for much more than that

So, 9 of our starting 11 from last season (Kane, Dier, Alli, Walker, Rose, Lamela, Vertonghen, Alderwireld and Dembele) will come back from the Euro2016/Copa America feeling down from the failure of their national teams. Another (Lloris) might soon face the same. Only 1 (Eriksen) were not involved in any of the disappointing campaigns. Pochettino will need to work extra hard to lift them all. Apart from Wanyama, we badly need to sign more quality players.

Was bound to happen though. How many could realistically have a successful campaign in a tournament afterall? Even if England lost the final, it'd be a disappointing campaign.

Back