• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season 2012-13 / 2011-12 Comparison Thread

Rob

Peter Taylor
Someone on here used to do this and it was quite a handy reference especially back when we were changing managers more frequently. Thought I'd resurrect it for this season to get a better representation of where we are compared to last year.

The table will consist of:

> the result for the same fixture for the previous season, so for our first match that would be the 5-1 reverse at home to Emirates Marketing Project - this will be shown as #Fixture.

> the result of the corresponding fixture last season, in this case 2-2 away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine - this will be shown as =Fixture.

> this years result - shown as 2012-13.

> the points difference displayed at present as 0-1-0 - strangely enough this will be under Points.

For the purpose of continuity, promoted teams will replace their equivalent placed teams who were relegated:

> Reading = Bolton
> Southampton = Blackburn
> West Ham = Wolves

This is so that we have a result from last season to compare with even though the three previously promoted sides all retained their Premier League status so we may see some anomalies in the comparisons to these fixtures.

-- #FIXTURE ------/------ =FIXTURE ------/------ 2012-13 ------ POINTS

MAN 3-0 ----------------- NEW 2-2 ------------------- 2-1 ---------- 0-1-0
----- 1-5 MCY ----------------- 1-0 WBA ------------- 1-1 ---------- 0-4-1
WOL 0-2 ---------------------- 1-2 NOR -------------- ?-? ---------- 3-4-?
----- 4-0 LIV ------------- BOL 1-4 ------------------------------------------
WIG 1-2 ----------------------- 3-1 QPR ------------------------------------
----- 2-1 ARS ------------ MAN 3-0 -----------------------------------------
NEW 2-2 ----------------------- 2-0 AST -------------------------------------
BLA 1-2 ----------------------- 1-1 CHE -------------------------------------
----- 3-1 QPR ------------- BLA 1-2 ------------------------------------------
FUL 1-3 ----------------------- 3-1 WIG -------------------------------------
----- 2-0 AST ------------- MCY 3-2 ------------------------------------------
WBA 1-3 ------------------ ARS 5-2 ------------------------------------------
----- 3-0 BOL -------------------1-1 WHA ------------------------------------
STO 2-1 ------------------------ 4-0 LIV -------------------------------------
----- 1-0 SUN ------------- FUL 1-3 ------------------------------------------
----- 1-1 CHE ------------- EVN 1-0 ------------------------------------------
NOR 0-2 ------------------------ 3-1 SWA ------------------------------------
SWA 1-1 ------------------------ 1-1 STO ------------------------------------
----- 1-0 WBA ------------- AST 1-1 ------------------------------------------
----- 2-0 EVN ------------- SUN 0-0 -------------------------------------------
----- 1-1 WOL ------------------ 3-0 BOL --------------------------------------
MCY 3-2 ------------------- QPR 1-0 -------------------------------------------
----- 3-1 WIG ------------------- 1-3 MAN -------------------------------------
LIV 0-0 -------------------- NOR 0-2 -------------------------------------------
----- 5-0 NEW ------------ WBA 1-3 --------------------------------------------
ARS 5-2 ------------------------- 5-0 NEW --------------------------------------
----- 1-3 MAN ------------- WOL 0-2 --------------------------------------------
EVN 1-0 ------------------------- 2-1 ARS ---------------------------------------
----- 1-1 STO --------------- LIV 0-0 --------------------------------------------
CHE 0-0 ------------------------- 2-0 FUL ---------------------------------------
----- 3-1 SWA ------------- SWA 1-1 --------------------------------------------
SUN 0-0*------------------------- 2-0 EVN ---------------------------------------
----- 1-2 NOR -------------- CHE 0-0 --------------------------------------------
QPR 1-0 ------------------------ 5-1 MCY ---------------------------------------
----- 2-0 BLA -------------- WIG 1-2 --------------------------------------------
BOL 1-4 ------------------------ 2-0 BLA ---------------------------------------
AST 1-1 ------------------- STO 2-1 --------------------------------------------
----- 2-0 FUL -------------------- 1-0 SUN --------------------------------------

PPG 2011-12 = 1.8
PPG 2012-13 = 0

I'll update this as we go. Obviously, as with the table itself, we won't get a proper representation for a few games yet.

Last edited:
As has been noted in the match thread, we fielded a weaker XI compared to last season's match (no King, Parker or Adebayor) whereas Saudi Sportswashing Machine put out a side stronger than the one we drew with last year.

Tottenham starting lineup v WBA:- Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Van der Vaart, Modric, Sandro, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe
WBA starting lineup v Spurs:- Foster, Jones, Dawson, McAuley, Shorey, Cox, Thorne, Scharner, Dorrans, Thomas, Odemwingie

(OP edited)

Yep mate it was my fault for looking at our results from last August on the BBC site then reading down and typing them in that order when they were written in reverse chronological order :oops: all edited with the other fixtures in there and ready to go!

Last edited:
(OP Edited)

So early days still but where people might say we've got 1 point more than we had at this stage last season, we can see that from these two fixtures last season we actually accumulated 4 points compared to 1 this year. We fielded a very similar XI compared to last season's match with Vertonghen for Kaboul the only change in the back 6 and Lennon for Adebayor seemingly giving us the width to which our lack of last season was much criticised. The big difference in our squad was the absence of Modric with Livermore taking his place in the side. Whereas the big difference between the side who earned a point yesterday and the one we beat by the narrowest of margins last year was the introduction of Lukaku in the second half. With a player of his quality in the team a year ago then I think it's fair to say that the score may well have been identical to this years.

Anyway up next is a fixture in which the only way is up! Or is it...? After last years dismal 2-1 reverse to Norwich we have the first opportunity to make ground on last years points tally - a win would see us go level on points. However, a draw, although still an improvement on last years result, would see us go behind both the points tallies for last years opening three games and for the equivalent fixtures.

Tottenham starting lineup v Norwich City:- Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Modric, Livermore, Bale, Saha, Defoe
Norwich starting lineup v Spurs:- Ruddy, Ward, Bennett, Drury, Martin, Howson, Bennett, Johnson, Pilkington, Holt, Wilbraham

-- #FIXTURE ------/------ =FIXTURE ------/------ 2012-13 ------ POINTS

MAN 3-0 ----------------- NEW 2-2 ------------------- 2-1 ---------- 0-1-0
----- 1-5 MCY ----------------- 1-0 WBA ------------- 1-1 ---------- 0-4-1
WOL 0-2 ---------------------- 1-2 NOR -------------- ?-? ---------- 3-4-?

Last edited:
Great idea, and something I do in my head every week. But can you please please please create a proper table graphic as its a head fudge to read and digest.

I'd love to - can anyone recommend an app for the iPad with which I could do that?

Maybe use a spreadsheet mate?
Good idea for a thread.... Possibly better to compare JUST like for like fixtures though? Makes it a little less confusing. Just a suggestion. You could still keep a running count on points after matchday 1, matchday 2 as well, I just think its not so relevant who the particular match was against.

I have a spread sheet with last years results that I use to compare with this season, opponent wise, not match day. Relegated teams replaced by promoted teams in order, ie. 18th with 1st, 19th with 2nd and 20th with West Ham.

So far, in order of additional points gained:

5 Chelsea, Everton, Swansea
4 West Brom
2 West Ham
1 Stoke, Sunderland
0 Man C, Fulham, Southampton
-1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Wigan
-2 Arsenal, Norwich, Reading, QPR
-3 Man U, Tottenham, Liverpool
-4 Aston Villa

I'm not sure if the resolution will be big enough, but here goes...

A0338.jpg

A0339.jpg

A0340.jpg

...a win against Norwich on Saturday (who we lost to in 2011-12) will mean that Spurs are level with where we were last season.

Last edited:
7 West Brom
5 Chelsea, Swansea
2 Everton, Stoke, West Ham
1 Sunderland
0 Emirates Marketing Project, Fulham, Southampton
-2 Arsenal, Tottenham, QPR, Reading
-3 Man Utd, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool, Wigan, Aston Villa
-4 Norwich

6 Chelsea, West Brom
3 West Ham
2 Fulham, Swansea, Stoke