• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Anyone actually bother voting for this? I didn't even have a clue such a poll was being conducted...

That said congrats to Scottie P.

Must have been the stunning performance at the Emirates that clinched it.

Has been one of the standout players for us this year. Going to be near impossible at the end of the year to decide between him and Modric, and maybe even Friedel for club player of the year. Even for young player of the year, Kyle Walker has been fabulous and will probably get it but Jake Livermore has grown, and always done the job asked when he has come on. Too many stars, good times :)

Hopefully this is enough for Scott to get a nailed on place for the Euros.... 10 years of Gerrard + Lampard = mediocrity, if only we had turned to Scotty sooner

Must have been the stunning performance at the Emirates that clinched it.

Has been one of the standout players for us this year. Going to be near impossible at the end of the year to decide between him and Modric, and maybe even Friedel for club player of the year. Even for young player of the year, Kyle Walker has been fabulous and will probably get it but Jake Livermore has grown, and always done the job asked when he has come on. Too many stars, good times :)

Hopefully this is enough for Scott to get a nailed on place for the Euros.... 10 years of Gerrard + Lampard = mediocrity, if only we had turned to Scotty sooner

Really? I'd go for Bale if the vote was tomorrow.

Good to see his form recognised but to be honest I don't care so much for England friendlies, Spurs is what matters for me.

Remember that big-mouthed slut, Spammers have commenting on everyone and everything. Well she is at it again #-o

There will always be room for him at Upton Park, even though he left us for a club that Hammers people regard as a football secondary school compared with our academy.

Scott has earned the England captaincy and, to my mind, he earned it while wearing a West Ham shirt.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4168211/Karren-Bradys-football-diary.html

Yeah Scott really set the world a light for England, when he was playing for WH, huh Karren :-k

if you consider how parker has plugged a long term weakness of ours, i'd say he's more important.

I'm sure you can find lots of players that can do Parker's job of running around flying into tackles; but try to find an extremely rapid winger who crosses well at full pelt and can contribute 10 goals and 10 assists a Season; who scares the opposition whenever he has the ball. I know which I'd rather want.
Unfortunately this is an epidemic in the modern game people would prefer the blood and guts lionheart stuff over pure skill and footballing ability.

Unfortunately this is an epidemic in the modern game people would prefer the blood and guts lionheart stuff over pure skill and footballing ability.
... in your imagination.

I find, when people increase their learning and experience of the sport, they come to appreciate that the meat and potatoes - dull to you - side of the game is essential and, that outright dismissal of it can be considered jejune.

I'm sure you can find lots of players that can do Parker's job of running around flying into tackles; but try to find an extremely rapid winger who crosses well at full pelt and can contribute 10 goals and 10 assists a Season; who scares the opposition whenever he has the ball. I know which I'd rather want.

Not true. Of course we want players with skill, but you need at least one player in the team who puts his foot in, breaks up play and makes life easier for the defence. I find it strange that you base your reasoning that Huddlestone is better than Parker on two games that happened two seasons ago. Look at Parker's performance over the whole season so far. You wont find many Spurs fans who aren't happy with him. I actually agree Bale is a more important player, but Parker is easily one of our most important players.

... in your imagination.

I find, when people increase their learning and experience of the sport, they come to appreciate that the meat and potatoes - dull to you - side of the game is essential and, that outright dismissal of it can be considered jejune.

I'm not saying it's dull. I'm asking people what they would rather have. Yes we need an insurance policy but players who play like Parker are much easier to find than players who play like Bale and are in his bracket.

I'm not saying it's dull. I'm asking people what they would rather have. Yes we need an insurance policy but players who play like Parker are much easier to find than players who play like Bale and are in his bracket.
I suppose frivolous would be more accurate.

Both roles require the other to thrive but to claim you are witnessing a disease of people preferring one (blood and guts) to the other (skill) is exclusive to yourself. That unfounded claim has no baring on what type of footballers you assume may or may not be available in certain positions.

Not true. Of course we want players with skill, but you need at least one player in the team who puts his foot in, breaks up play and makes life easier for the defence. I find it strange that you base your reasoning that Huddlestone is better than Parker on two games that happened two seasons ago. Look at Parker's performance over the whole season so far. You wont find many Spurs fans who aren't happy with him. I actually agree Bale is a more important player, but Parker is easily one of our most important players.
Parker doesn't win us games he is there to make sure we don't lose. However if we don't have matchwinners we'd mostly be picking up points from draws. We have 2 people who can slot in and do what Parker does in our team. In my opinion Livermore's game against Everton was better show of marking the zone in between midfield and defence and laying off of quick, simple forward passes to attacking players without slowing down play. I know it was just one game, but for me that was the best DM performance this season in our team.

Parker is the Jamie Carragher of midfielders, he looks good charging around making tackles without any real purpose or reason behind it. To me that is not putting your foot in, its recklessness and can cost us goals. It also puts us on the backfoot once he gets a yellow card. If his head was as big as his heart his decision making would improve and he would know when to tackle and when to stand up. Whenever he dives into the opposition if he misses the ball and misses the player he takes himself out of the game; this is a very stupid thing to do in front of our defence. How many times have we been told as amateur footballers to hold your man up? If you were to stick Michael Brown era 2004-05 in our current team he would offer exactly the same thing that Parker is offering know, but without winning popularity contests.

Bale is irreplaceable in our team; I cannot think of one player in the league that has the potential to do what he does but your Parker's are a dime a dozen.

Parker doesn't win us games he is there to make sure we don't lose. However if we don't have matchwinners we'd mostly be picking up points from draws. We have 2 people who can slot in and do what Parker does in our team. In my opinion Livermore's game against Everton was better show of marking the zone in between midfield and defence and laying off of quick, simple forward passes to attacking players without slowing down play. I know it was just one game, but for me that was the best DM performance this season in our team.

Parker is the Jamie Carragher of midfielders, he looks good charging around making tackles without any real purpose or reason behind it. To me that is not putting your foot in, its recklessness and can cost us goals. It also puts us on the backfoot once he gets a yellow card. If his head was as big as his heart his decision making would improve and he would know when to tackle and when to stand up. Whenever he dives into the opposition if he misses the ball and misses the player he takes himself out of the game; this is a very stupid thing to do in front of our defence. How many times have we been told as amateur footballers to hold your man up? If you were to stick Michael Brown era 2004-05 in our current team he would offer exactly the same thing that Parker is offering know, but without winning popularity contests.

Bale is irreplaceable in our team; I cannot think of one player in the league that has the potential to do what he does but your Parker's are a dime a dozen.

Parker and Michael Brown in the same sentence!! WOW just WOW!!

Parker and Michael Brown in the same sentence!! WOW just WOW!!

In fact Palacios offered the same thing Parker offered as a player until his brother's body was found. I would even say that Michael Brown was better at attacking than Parker too. Parker used to be a very good player when he was younger in terms of skill and awareness, I don't know how he's turned into the clogger that he is today.

In fact Palacios offered the same thing Parker offered as a player until his brother's body was found. I would even say that Michael Brown was better at attacking than Parker too. Parker used to be a very good player when he was younger in terms of skill and awareness, I don't know how he's turned into the clogger that he is today.

I don't rate Parker as highly as some on this board, but I think you're wrong here.

First of all Parker passes the ball better than Palacios ever did, even before the tragedy with his brother. Second of all Palacios before the tragedy was a stand out player that did brilliantly for us and was well worth the ?ú12m we spent on him.

Secondly, either someone has to explain to me what 'clogger' actually means, or someone has to find a new word for what 'clogger' is supposed to mean, cause from what I understand that is in no way Parker.

Third, and possibly most importantly. What Palacios never offered us, and what we have been lacking for years, what many teams in the PL lack desperately and we still lack even with Parker are real leadership qualities. This shouldn't be underestimated. Even watching games on TV like I do it's obvious how much Parker does to lift the players around him. Attitude is a vital attribute, and he has loads of it.

It gets worse and worse. What next? Frimpong is better than Parker?

Back