• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

Hope Parker watches some of Lucas' performance for Liverpool against Emirates Marketing Project and David Silva earlier in the season. He is capable of pulling off a similar performance, although I could see Sandro playing much better, it's a shame he's out injured.

Hope Parker watches some of Lucas' performance for Liverpool against Emirates Marketing Project and David Silva earlier in the season. He is capable of pulling off a similar performance, although I could see Sandro playing much better, it's a shame he's out injured.

I know that he hasn't had as much time on the pitch but I do not think that Sandro has got anywhere near to Parker's best form this season

but some are making arguments as to why his game has dropped (however slight you may think, if at all) as his role seems to have changed the past few games - no one seems interested in debating the thought out arguments made from this angle and instead focus on pointing the finger and calling people haters. there may be some posters who refuse to acknowledge his contribution this season - but there are others who do see how important he is to us, yet can still see that parts of his game aren't perfect and that is what we are trying to discuss (discuss, not hate) as i (for example) feel that him playing further up the field stifles our attacking creativity due to his poor (ish) range of passing and his tendency to hold on to the ball for too long therefore wasting the good off the ball movements of others

Many good points here.

Parker - in my view, is extremely good, at what he does extremely well, and substandard at anything that is outside of his comfort zone. A very niche player with little range to his talent.
But F good at what he does well.

but some are making arguments as to why his game has dropped (however slight you may think, if at all) as his role seems to have changed the past few games - no one seems interested in debating the thought out arguments made from this angle and instead focus on pointing the finger and calling people haters. there may be some posters who refuse to acknowledge his contribution this season - but there are others who do see how important he is to us, yet can still see that parts of his game aren't perfect and that is what we are trying to discuss (discuss, not hate) as i (for example) feel that him playing further up the field stifles our attacking creativity due to his poor (ish) range of passing and his tendency to hold on to the ball for too long therefore wasting the good off the ball movements of others

spot on...

"Parker shirking his DM responsibilities..."
"Parker a brilliant motivator etc........according to Carlton Cole"
'For all his chest thumping...."
"Can we take the Football Writers Awards seriously...?"
"I myself genuinely believe that Parker is a detriment to the team"
"..recently he seems to have shirked his defensive role and this had led to a detriment in our results"
"You can clearly see that he is either shirking his responsibilities or is not good enough to keep up with the pace of the premier league"
"Parker seems to be getting Modric to do the dirty work for him recently"
"he doesn't seem to be doing his job"

If the OP wants to make "valid" points, and not be called a hater, then he shouldnt hide his "valid" points in a forest of bullsh#t. He set the the tone for the thread by starting with constant digs while making his "point". (A point I fail to see by the way)

Dont expect a balanced neutral discussion, when you start the debate all guns blazing, and are not able to put your own bias to one side...

but some are making arguments as to why his game has dropped (however slight you may think, if at all) as his role seems to have changed the past few games - no one seems interested in debating the thought out arguments made from this angle and instead focus on pointing the finger and calling people haters. there may be some posters who refuse to acknowledge his contribution this season - but there are others who do see how important he is to us, yet can still see that parts of his game aren't perfect and that is what we are trying to discuss (discuss, not hate) as i (for example) feel that him playing further up the field stifles our attacking creativity due to his poor (ish)
range of passing and his tendency to hold on to the ball for too long therefore wasting the good off the ball movements of others

There is absolutely no doubt that does sometimes not deliver the pass as early as he should/holds on a tad too long...but the truth is, when we have Lennon and Bale fit, he is far, far more comfortable executing his primary job (destroyer/more talented Freund, etc, etc)...the last few games? Well, I certainly think he needed a rest, he finally got an injury, the couple of games he did play prior were in what we would hopefully agree was not the best balanced side with Lennon absent...

There have been several games this season where he has pushed 10 yards higher upmrhenpitch and we have dominated (West Brom away for example) however I would say that this was because he was with Sandro and both would sit too deep in the first half.

Just to finishe addressing Parker's recent 'form' I'd say Harrynshouldve got him off with 30 mins left last weekend because he was cream crackered thanks to first game back,etc, and given how well Livermore did against the blue bin dippers, I don't think we have to worry so much...which swhy I would rather we had Sandro 100% in two weeks time than 70% on Sunday and risk losing him for months...

I still firmly believe he has to press Silva high whenever he can on Sunday; Silva drifts from wide positions, I don't think our wide players will allow him space there, hopefully he will look tocome inside and immediately be detailed by Parker. I thinkmhismis the key battle of the game BTW...

There is absolutely no doubt that does sometimes not deliver the pass as early as he should/holds on a tad too long...but the truth is, when we have Lennon and Bale fit, he is far, far more comfortable executing his primary job (destroyer/more talented Freund, etc, etc)...the last few games? Well, I certainly think he needed a rest, he finally got an injury, the couple of games he did play prior were in what we would hopefully agree was not the best balanced side with Lennon absent...

There have been several games this season where he has pushed 10 yards higher upmrhenpitch and we have dominated (West Brom away for example) however I would say that this was because he was with Sandro and both would sit too deep in the first half.

Just to finishe addressing Parker's recent 'form' I'd say Harrynshouldve got him off with 30 mins left last weekend because he was cream crackered thanks to first game back,etc, and given how well Livermore did against the blue bin dippers, I don't think we have to worry so much...which swhy I would rather we had Sandro 100% in two weeks time than 70% on Sunday and risk losing him for months...

I still firmly believe he has to press Silva high whenever he can on Sunday; Silva drifts from wide positions, I don't think our wide players will allow him space there, hopefully he will look tocome inside and immediately be detailed by Parker. I thinkmhismis the key battle of the game BTW...

you're well sloshed, aren't you? :)

hopefully he soon reverts back to the role which made him such an integral part of the side and our form, with our up coming games against the 'better sides' i think we will naturally see this anyway. I do think there are games where a destroyer is not particularly needed (sides that sit back and defend for 90 minutes at WHL for example) and ideally this is where we would see either Sandro Livermore or Huddlestone (in future) come in because they offer better attacking play through the middle (whilst having enough defensive qualities) but Parker has kind of made himself undroppable what with his form in the deep role - but as i have said, i think playing him when a destroyer is not particularly needed hampers our ability to break down the opposition as he looks to play further up the field, therefore not influencing the game with what he is good at.

i hope he plays the majority of games we have left, but the games where we need extra creativity against hard to break down opposition i want to see 1 of the other 3 in there - after all that's what having a good squad is about - you can bring in players more suited to the game you are playing.

I know that he hasn't had as much time on the pitch but I do not think that Sandro has got anywhere near to Parker's best form this season

I agree. I just think Sandro is more the "follow a player, don't do nothing else" sort of player. Like how Lucas was against Silva, he had one job and he done it

To be fair to Sandro, not many combatitive midfielders have! Parker has been sensational at times, and our strongest midfield four is superbly balanced. I didn't really see where Redknapp was coming from by wanting him, but just Parker's simple pass and move style of play is a huge reason as to why we dominate possession so superbly this season. I just hope he can keep it up and stay injury free. Sandro's good but, at present anyway, he isn't anywhere near as good as Parker.

I don't think he's shirking his defensive responsibilities and I wasn't even slightly surprised to see who had started this thread.

Still, he was far more effective when he just stayed back, broke up play and then gave the ball to the more creative players. When he goes up himself, he finds it harder to come rushing back when we do lose the ball, it means Modric has to play a bit deeper and his possession play isn't good enough to play that high up.

I hope Redknapp pulls him back for this game because he and Modric can dominate tomorrow if they play it right.

To be fair to Sandro, not many combatitive midfielders have! Parker has been sensational at times, and our strongest midfield four is superbly balanced. I didn't really see where Redknapp was coming from by wanting him, but just Parker's simple pass and move style of play is a huge reason as to why we dominate possession so superbly this season. I just hope he can keep it up and stay injury free. Sandro's good but, at present anyway, he isn't anywhere near as good as Parker.

I agree with every word of that. I wasn't convinced by Parker as a signing before he joined us but I was wrong, he has been brilliant.

He also wanted Bellamy...think what that would have meant as an impact sub...or filling in for our injured wingers

Parker's a detriment in the sense that his passing his a bit dumb, and he tends to take his time in doing it, unlike the rest of our midfield, who tend to do it quickly and relatively intelligently.

Realistically, you wouldn't expect his long-term tackling stats to be better than Modric, who is one of the best anticipators of opposition passing/movement we have, or Sandro, who is just a physical beast. I'd say those two are clearly our best central midfield pairing, but obviously Redknapp doesn't see it that way, since Parker is a top, top, triffic lad and first name on the team sheet.

In fairness, Parker had a very strong spell when he first joined, and deserved to retain his place (Sandro was injured anyway), and I don't mind a manager playing an inferior player for non-footballing reasons (e.g. leadership, etc.). It just seems to me that Sandro and Modric is such a potentially formidable partnership that we're making things unnecessarily complicated for ourselves in not allowing that to develop.

Sport - Interview with Scotty Parker is quality

Obviously I am going to be biased but a good interview on Scotty Parker in the Sport that I picked up at Liverpool Street.

website link is here where you can download todays edition. His front picture is class, smooth operator. Love him and his modesty. Just a true professional and seems like a nice family man, not an egotistic prick like most of the footballers are.

http://www.sport-magazine.co.uk/

or I have saved a PDF but not sure how to attach it to this post!

GGG

Last edited:
Good read. Shame he kept turning us down, he'd have had more caps by now if he'd come home.

Back