• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Who mentioned FFP?

The game won’t come crashing down, but sooner or later the authorities will want true competition, and social and ethical responsibility.
What rule are you thinking of in that case?

As many Cult of Levy fans are forever saying it is business. When did ethics ever matter in business?
I can wait as long as it takes, 300 years if needs be, being right trumps everything else.
You'll be long dead and will never know if you were right or wrong.

What rule are you thinking of in that case?

As many Cult of Levy fans are forever saying it is business. When did ethics ever matter in business?You'll be long dead and will never know if you were right or wrong.

A new one that requires spending to be based solely on certain revenue streams. I added the note about enforcement as clubs routinely get away with breaking rules on tapping up youth players and ignoring third party ownership laws. It’s also very likely that FIFA and UEFA are actively involved in covering up the sport’s performance enhancing drug problem.

It’s only business when the purchaser is getting something of value in return, if that something of value is only to cover up or evade sanction for crimes elsewhere, it’s not business, it’s fraud.

I don’t need to see it, it’s not about me, I’m on a mission to civilise, being right is it’s own reward.

I get that, and in fact because of that… again sell to who?

@Finney Is Back

Some other investment group content to use us as a real estate vehicle and to prop up their portfolio value, I'd assume. I could and do wish for ambitious, intelligent owners like FSG who take us to success with modest investments in our potential, and who know what it means to invest when the iron is hot... but the likelihood of that is admittedly not quite as high as getting another set of utterly useless, craven deadweights like ENIC.

But honestly, I'm convinced that even if another useless investment group bought us and just employed a chairman off the market to manage us (firing them when their performance dropped, and hiring another accordingly)...we'd do no worse, and may actually do better if said chairman knew what the value of on-pitch success was.

We're locked out of the super-owner game on account of ENIC's price for us. But that doesn't mean we resign ourselves to it.

I’d say very soon we would have a competition between 2 teams in this country
People think united will be able to stay there…. No chance
Pool…. No chance
Roman can’t compete in reality

Re the United bit. That’s why the Glazer are slowly cashing out. Sell a few shares here and there. They know it’s got to max point without big investment in infrastructure and players.

Some other investment group content to use us as a real estate vehicle and to prop up their portfolio value, I'd assume. I could and do wish for ambitious, intelligent owners like FSG who take us to success with modest investments in our potential, and who know what it means to invest when the iron is hot... but the likelihood of that is admittedly not quite as high as getting another set of utterly useless, craven deadweights like ENIC.

But honestly, I'm convinced that even if another useless investment group bought us and just employed a chairman off the market to manage us (firing them when their performance dropped, and hiring another accordingly)...we'd do no worse, and may actually do better if said chairman knew what the value of on-pitch success was.

We're locked out of the super-owner game on account of ENIC's price for us. But that doesn't mean we resign ourselves to it.

I would be happy to moneyball it like Dortmund model.

It's official then, Bonesaw FC.

There will be a lot of boycoutt bedsheets in the bonfires tonight just in case.

Feel for Sunderland fans, though - must be hard enough being them without having to watch Saudi Sportswashing Machine become City Mk2 thanks to more murderous owners than even the Emiratis at City.

And guess who they play first after this exciting news that will make their players, fans and manager pumped up and ready to prove themselves to their new owners?

Why, Tottenham Hotspur, of course!

We really are Monkey's Paw FC sometimes. :p

Feel for Sunderland fans, though - must be hard enough being them without having to watch Saudi Sportswashing Machine become City Mk2 thanks to more murderous owners than even the Emiratis at City.

And guess who they play first after this exciting news that will make their players, fans and manager pumped up and ready to prove themselves to their new owners?

Why, Tottenham Hotspur, of course!

We really are Monkey's Paw FC sometimes. :p
Lets be honest
They are currently uber brick and have uber brick players, they still will have those same said uber brick players next Sunday

Lets be honest
They are currently uber brick and have uber brick players, they still will have those same said uber brick players next Sunday

Like Palace had uber-brick players? :p Somewhat agree with you, but we are notoriously hot-and-cold and mentally suspect - we can turn weak players into superstars, and they will be revved up and ready to go.

Like Palace had uber-brick players? :p Somewhat agree with you, but we are notoriously hot-and-cold and mentally suspect - we can turn weak players into superstars, and they will be revved up and ready to go.
You seem almost giddy with excitement at the Saudi Sportswashing Machine takeover Dubai?

You seem almost giddy with excitement at the Saudi Sportswashing Machine takeover Dubai?

Nah, mate. Mixed feelings - happy for them, apprehensive for our game next weekend, sad that we have the utter wastes of owners we do, hopeful that will change one day and we can dream again. ;)

brick like this makes me laugh, they don't deserve to be at the top, they did once about 20 plus years ago when they were brilliant

Amanda Staveley has told Sky Sports News the long-term ambition for Saudi Sportswashing Machine is to top the Premier League after the club's takeover was completed on Thursday.

"Saudi Sportswashing Machine deserves to be top of the Premier League. We want to get there. It will take time, but we will get there," says Staveley, the chief executive of PCP Capital Partners who is now a director on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine board.

Back