• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro, Parker, Modric should be in every starting line up

GB, go look at the penatly we won vs Arsenal, or VDv goal against Inter Milan and see how far forward Modric likes to be! What a stupid comment......

I'm not saying he won't get forward when play causes him to, just he prefers playing deeper where he can see as much of the ball as possible.

In particular though in this 4-3-2-1 we're talking about he isn't good at regularly getting up to be a fourth attacker.

Bumping this. Sandro, Parker and Modric isn't working. You wouldn't get this midfield in a 3rd place in the Premier League team.

Lennon, Parker, Modric and Bale with VDV playing in the hole.

Bumping this. Sandro, Parker and Modric isn't working. You wouldn't get this midfield in a 3rd place in the Premier League team.

Lennon, Parker, Modric and Bale with VDV playing in the hole.

When all our players are fully fit, then this is the team Redknapp lines up with almost every time.

When all our players are fully fit, then this is the team Redknapp lines up with almost every time.
Agreed.

When everyone is fit it's obvious that Lennon is in the starting X1 but when he's not available i much prefer the 3 cm's to 4-4-2. We look far more balanced and don't really look like we're likely to concede.

LENNON HAS BEEN INJURED. HARRY SAY LENNON HAMSTRINGS NEED PROTECTING. WE HAVE TWO GAMES IN TWO DAYS. HARRY SAY LENNON PLAY ONE OF THESE GAMES. WE HAVE 4 POINTS FROM PREVIOUS COUPLE OF GAMES PLAYING 433. BEFORE THIS WE TAKE 1 POINT FROM 4 GAMES PLAYING THE ALL CONQUERING 442. A DRAW AWAY TO SUNDERLAND IS NOT A BAD RESULT. I AM SURE MOST WOULD HAVE TAKEN THIS BEFORE THE GAME! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!l!!!!

Well he let us down by not doing it today

The key phrase is "fully" fit. Lennon was not fully fit. Redknapp has already said that there is no way Lennon could start against both Sunderland and Norwich. If Lennon had started today and got injured then I am pretty certain the same people slagging the tactic would be slagging Redknapp for playing him at all.

Redknapp went for the safe option. Against our hardest opponents in the run in, I can see why he did it and it's hard to condemn him for it. Personally I'd have played Lennon today, and rested him for Norwich at home (because even without him we should have enough in the tank to beat Norwich at home) but it was a marginal call either way.

LENNON HAS BEEN INJURED. HARRY SAY LENNON HAMSTRINGS NEED PROTECTING. WE HAVE TWO GAMES IN TWO DAYS. HARRY SAY LENNON PLAY ONE OF THESE GAMES. WE HAVE 4 POINTS FROM PREVIOUS COUPLE OF GAMES PLAYING 433. BEFORE THIS WE TAKE 1 POINT FROM 4 GAMES PLAYING THE ALL CONQUERING 442. A DRAW AWAY TO SUNDERLAND IS NOT A BAD RESULT. I AM SURE MOST WOULD HAVE TAKEN THIS BEFORE THE GAME! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!l!!!!

:ross: :ross: :ross:

Well if you're not tinkled off we didn't win then I'm sure you wouldn't be tinkled off if we finish 5th

Well if you're not tinkled off we didn't win then I'm sure you wouldn't be tinkled off if we finish 5th

That makes no sense whatsoever. Sunderland are a very strong team. Anyone who genuinely expected or demanded us to get three points there is utterly unrealistic to the point of being delusional.

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense. so because he's not tinkled of that we got a draw away to Sunderland it means he won't be tinkled off with not qualifying for the cl? i don't get it.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Sunderland are a very strong team. Anyone who genuinely expected or demanded us to get three points there is utterly unrealistic to the point of being delusional.

Again, no problem with the result, but seriously underwhelmed by the performance.

The key phrase is "fully" fit. Lennon was not fully fit. Redknapp has already said that there is no way Lennon could start against both Sunderland and Norwich. If Lennon had started today and got injured then I am pretty certain the same people slagging the tactic would be slagging Redknapp for playing him at all.

Redknapp went for the safe option. Against our hardest opponents in the run in, I can see why he did it and it's hard to condemn him for it. Personally I'd have played Lennon today, and rested him for Norwich at home (because even without him we should have enough in the tank to beat Norwich at home) but it was a marginal call either way.

me too....sunderland were there for a beating, now there is big pressure on the Norwich game

it was never going to be an easy 3 points, but we were at full strength, sunderland have nothing to play for, im sure their fans and some players would rather we finish in the top4 than Saudi Sportswashing Machine, in fact the game showed that Sunderland were not bothered at all with throwing men forward and winning the game. They sat back all afternoon, unbelievable for a home team.

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense. so because he's not tinkled of that we got a draw away to Sunderland it means he won't be tinkled off with not qualifying for the cl? i don't get it.

My point was we played brick and if we continue playing like that then we will finish 5th

it was never going to be an easy 3 points, but we were at full strength, sunderland have nothing to play for, im sure their fans and some players would rather we finish in the top4 than Saudi Sportswashing Machine, in fact the game showed that Sunderland were not bothered at all with throwing men forward and winning the game. They sat back all afternoon, unbelievable for a home team.

Doesn't matter. Since O'Neill arrived not one team has turned them over at home. I've said this several times. Top of the League team away, bottom of the league team at home. Who is the favourite? Neither, it's evens. There are no easy games away from home in the Premiership. No away team is EVER the favourite in my opinion, at least not this season. Sunderland had a horrific start to the season but even now they've only lost 4 home games, and have conceded 14 goals at home over 16 matches.

They aren't a pushover.

My point was we played brick and if we continue playing like that then we will finish 5th

Had we scored from a set piece, this conversation wouldn't even be happening despite playing exactly the same way. If we had played brick we'd all be crying about how Sunderland battered us, and how we deserved to lose 3-0. We played well, but lacked a cutting edge against a very stubborn tough defence. That is not playing brick. We've played worse than that this season and won comfortably.

Had we scored from a set piece, this conversation wouldn't even be happening despite playing exactly the same way. If we had played brick we'd all be crying about how Sunderland battered us, and how we deserved to lose 3-0. We played well, but lacked a cutting edge against a very stubborn tough defence. That is not playing brick. We've played worse than that this season and won comfortably.

We didn't play well, we just didn't let them have the ball. Every second of the game was full of frustration, and were not playing the football we played at the beginning of the season. We're not playing to our ability. We're not playing that quick, attacking possession game that made us brilliant for that 11 game run. This is disappointing.

I'd rather us play brick and win than keep the ball and drop points no matter how you look at it.

We didn't play well, we just didn't let them have the ball. Every second of the game was full of frustration, and were not playing the football we played at the beginning of the season. We're not playing to our ability. We're not playing that quick, attacking possession game that made us brilliant for that 11 game run. This is disappointing.

I'd rather us play brick and win than keep the ball and drop points no matter how you look at it.

What was your take on Crouch? Spurs fans moaned when we mixed it up and played it long some time, and now they moan when we are patient and keep it short.

What was your take on Crouch? Spurs fans moaned when we mixed it up and played it long some time, and now they moan when we are patient and keep it short.

I'm complaining because we're not playing to the best of our ability. We know what Spurs are capable of and yet we're passing the ball around midfield for the entire game

Back