• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro, Parker, Modric should be in every starting line up

Badbrains

Andy Turner
Hello - new to the Forum!

My question to you is should we play the same midfield 3 that started against Chelsea in every league game for the rest of the season? I think we should - it seems to give us confidence to be solid in the middle. I think VDV and Lennon can share the forward right position as I can see either of them playing 90 mins week in week out without getting injured.

Personally think the 3 in middle gives us confidence and we will be in a way more attacking at home, knowing we have that solidity through the middle.

3 CMs who get a nose bleed if they cross the halfway line?

Modric most certainly doesn't get a nose bleed when he crosses the halfway line!

But I agree that Sandro and Parker shouldn't start together unless we're playing in very tough games, and even then there might be better options available to us. Would depend on form, opponent and so on. Point is it should be rather rare and only if we feel the need to close down the central midfield.

Would rather see Sandro/Parker + Modric and VdV as long as Hudd is injured if we want to play a 3 man midfield at home or against more average team.

Away from home yes. At home we should be able to play something nearer 442

I think thats just about right. In the away games against all our rivals for Champions League/Europa League placings - so basically the top 8 really I would tend to always play those 3 plus Bale and Lennon and one up top. Against other teams away from home I would awlays try to take advantage of the fact that we have the better players in general and more fire power so a 442 would do me.

At home I would tend to play 442 or 4411 most of the time unless the situation dictated we needed to be really solid and tight. Deciding to match up like for like against say Man Utd wouldnt make sense most of the time so then I would go for the 3 in the middle to dominate position and territory.

Not this again!

What would peoples preferred line up have been if we was at home v Chelsea, with the same players available?

Id have gone the same way.

Welcome!

Away from home this is effective for us, but not at home especially against sides we're expected to beat. I think Livermore offers more than Sandro going forward personally....

Luka getting a nose bleed when he crosses the halfway line :ross:

So many examples to pick, but a very recent example: look at whose tricky run and good movement set up VDV IN THEIR BOX for our best chance on Saturday...

Bit of an over exageration. But he definitely prefers being in the middle of the park than edging into their third as an AM.

GB, go look at the penatly we won vs Arsenal, or VDv goal against Inter Milan and see how far forward Modric likes to be! What a stupid comment......

Wrong. We are poor offensively with both Parker and Sandro, Modric doesn't get on the ball as much because he is playing further forward. With everyone fit, it should be quite obvious our strongest midfield lineup is

Adevayor
van der Vaart
Bale Parker Modric Lennon

Wrong. We are poor offensively with both Parker and Sandro, Modric doesn't get on the ball as much because he is playing further forward. With everyone fit, it should be quite obvious our strongest midfield lineup is

Adevayor
van der Vaart
Bale Parker Modric Lennon

I agree that is our strongest team but the problem is still goals. Ade will never be a real goal poacher and Parker, Lennon and Modric would not get that many between them. People moan about Bale shooting from all angles and about VDV's role in the team should recognize that they are our main goal threat especially as we dont get many from set pieces to balance our low scoring midfield.

So being home or away wouldnt matter to you this time?

The team Harry picked on Saturday was the team I wanted, my 2nd choice would've been Kranjcar-DM-Modric-Bale and VDV off Ade. If it was at home then I'd've been more inclined to go with the 2nd option but wouldn't argue either way. If it was Defoe/Saha upfront with Ade and VDV shifted to the right of a strawberry jelly and ice cream midfield then I wouldn't have been happy.

The team Harry picked on Saturday was the team I wanted, my 2nd choice would've been Kranjcar-DM-Modric-Bale and VDV off Ade. If it was at home then I'd've been more inclined to go with the 2nd option but wouldn't argue either way. If it was Defoe/Saha upfront with Ade and VDV shifted to the right of a strawberry jelly and ice cream midfield then I wouldn't have been happy.

Cheers

Back