• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

Met him last week. Friendliest footballer I have ever met, what a guy.

Don't praise him too much. He could be next to demand for transfer in 1 or 2 years time. After the Bale saga, we should learn not to like any players too much from now on.

Don't praise him too much. He could be next to demand for transfer in 1 or 2 years time. After the Bale saga, we should learn not to like any players too much from now on.

And so modern football finally hits home.

And so modern football finally hits home.

Really disgusted with the Bale affair. There is no more loyalty in football nowadays. It seems each and every one of those players are just waiting for a better offer to come their way.

Really disgusted with the Bale affair. There is no more loyalty in football nowadays. It seems each and every one of those players are just waiting for a better offer to come their way.

Because Spurs were really loyal when they were getting ready to sell Bale to Nottingham Forest just before BAE got injured. I bet we were really loyal to Caulker as well. It is not like he was like brought up as a Spurs fan.

Because Spurs were really loyal when they were getting ready to sell Bale to Nottingham Forest just before BAE got injured. I bet we were really loyal to Caulker as well. It is not like he was like brought up as a Spurs fan.

Most people on the board are quite upset over Caulker leaving: like I said before, he's a genuine Spurs fan and a real prospect, and his transfer disappointed and continues to disappoint me. And on the same coin, a lot of us realise that the club can be as disloyal to our players as our players can be to the club. It's the reason I want Defoe to stay, ideally: he's earned the right to retire here if he wishes to. A bit of loyalty to him wouldn't go amiss. Ditto BAE, with his famous 'what kind of mercenary stays for eight years?' remark. And finally ,a lot of people on this board would like the club to take a more home-grown approach and blood in our home-grown academy players like Carroll and Livermore, me included.

Most people on this board are very aware of the inherent hypocrisy surrounding the whole 'loyalty' debate. But it doesn't prevent us from feeling disgusted by this whole Bale affair anyway, because it just reaffirms to us that what was once a form of escapism, a two-hour chunk of the weekend where millions of adults could regress into tribal children and the world stopped being so cynical and cold...is now fast becoming an emotionless, corporate business like any other. The magic is disappearing, and however trite this might sound amidst all the haughty 'they're professionals like any other' remarks, the players who we pay to make us smile on a weekend have now decided that the only fans they really want to see smile are those of Madrid, United, City, Barca, PSG and Monaco.

I know that the people realising all this now should have gotten used to it a long time ago, but it's hard to break down all the faith you put into the sport as a child in such a short span of time. Maybe in another ten years, when clubs call their players 'employees' and their fans 'revenue generators', and when players hold up their salary slips instead of shirts at their official club unveilings...maybe then we'll all finally come to terms with it.

Sandro just posted this on twitter :ross:

ubib.jpg

The man is a legend that will fudge us over in the future ... deep man love for the bloke.

fudge us over? In what way? By wanting to move on to better his career?

He will grow with us as we become one of the best teams in Europe, with or without Bale.

Lets just enjoy him while he's here, lets face it I'm pretty sure his ambition growing up was to play for Spurs, as much as I hate to say it. He will be snared by one of the big guns along the line, but I'm sure he's the kind of guy who will go amicably and maybe even shed a little tear when he leaves.

The man is a legend that will fudge us over in the future ... deep man love for the bloke.
Who knows what the future holds. We could be challenging for the title as soon as this season.

Lets just enjoy him while he's here, lets face it I'm pretty sure his ambition growing up was to play for Spurs, as much as I hate to say it. He will be snared by one of the big guns along the line, but I'm sure he's the kind of guy who will go amicably and maybe even shed a little tear when he leaves.

Is the idealistic answer, in the same way that Bale will be happy to stay at our club because he prefers the home comforts to the big lights...wait a minute :(

I really want to see Sandro stay with us and he seems to have good character, like everyone else I'm just getting cynical.

After so many months out I just want to see him back playing. Hopefully he'll be back to his best within a couple of months or so.

After so many months out I just want to see him back playing. Hopefully he'll be back to his best within a couple of months or so.

It'll mostly be psychological whather he does or not.

He stated in an article not long ago that he's iffy on 50/50's.

Back