• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sales

Thread title could be changed to "Released".

How many of our squad fillers could we cut lose? Cancelling contracts seems like an option we will have to consider:
  • Hugo - yes. On big wages. If we can get away with releasing him for naught, we should.
  • Dier - a year left, may as well get his wages off the books. A small fee would be nice tho.
  • Ndombele - lazy git prob won't agree a cancellation, as he knows no one else is stupid enough to pay him for his "work". But you never know. Release if we can.

The rest we should be able to get something for? GLC, Tanganga, Gil, Sanchez, Regulion. I'd take anything for these. 5m. Done. Sold. Of course try to get more, but take whatever we can and shift them!

Then there are a host of decent players who we should try to sell for the right money, they are essentially everyone not in the first 11. The likes of Royal, Davies, PEH etc who are decent but not of a level to play in this possession-based system. We need skillful players, who like the ball at their feet. Too many of our lot don't. Outside of our first 11 we really are lacking.

How many of our squad fillers could we cut lose? Cancelling contracts seems like an option we will have to consider:
  • Hugo - yes. On big wages. If we can get away with releasing him for naught, we should.
  • Dier - a year left, may as well get his wages off the books. A small fee would be nice tho.
  • Ndombele - lazy git prob won't agree a cancellation, as he knows no one else is stupid enough to pay him for his "work". But you never know. Release if we can.

The rest we should be able to get something for? GLC, Tanganga, Gil, Sanchez, Regulion. I'd take anything for these. 5m. Done. Sold. Of course try to get more, but take whatever we can and shift them!

Then there are a host of decent players who we should try to sell for the right money, they are essentially everyone not in the first 11. The likes of Royal, Davies, PEH etc who are decent but no of a level to play in this possession-based system. We need skillful players, who like the ball at their feet. Too many of our lot don't. Outside of our first 11 we really are lacking.

Cancellstion of a contract doesn't mean we just call it quits. Some may agree to just ending it. Some will want a payoff. Some will want their contract paid up in full. Whole other world of negotiation.

Cancellstion of a contract doesn't mean we just call it quits. Some may agree to just ending it. Some will want a payoff. Some will want their contract paid up in full. Whole other world of negotiation.

Yes, hence why saying "if we can get away with releasing him" and "lazy git prob won't agree a cancellation".

Don't forget the player then gets a bigger signing on fee or wage from interested clubs. So it does offset things a little for them.

I think we will come to an agreement with Lloris before the window closes and let him go if he still hasn't found a club.

I think that would allow him to still join a club after the window closes

Then there are a host of decent players who we should try to sell for the right money, they are essentially everyone not in the first 11. The likes of Royal, Davies, PEH etc who are decent but not of a level to play in this possession-based system. We need skillful players, who like the ball at their feet. Too many of our lot don't. Outside of our first 11 we really are lacking.

I don't think Gil should be going for 5m, he cost us 20m plus Lamela and so far he's looked pretty good when played. He also has a decent reputation in Spain and I'd bet his wages are relatively low as well.

I don't think Gil should be going for 5m, he cost us 20m plus Lamela and so far he's looked pretty good when played. He also has a decent reputation in Spain and I'd bet his wages are relatively low as well.

Hopefully, he'll come good. To sell now, it would probably need to be 5m + add ons. Not sure anyone would bite otherwise. He's comparable to Soloman. Maybe Soloman has the edge over him. So if we can turn him + other players into a higher quality first-team player, then there is an arguement that we should take the cash and reinvest. I guess if Gil is registered as under 21 he doesn't take a place tho?

Some of those sales, or loans, have to materialize today you would think, otherwise the spending tomorrow is going to be restricted or super risky. Yet it's eerily quiet. I realize that wages in the PL are absurdly high, and that clubs on the continent do not have all that much to spend - with one or two exceptions - but is it really that difficult?

Some of those sales, or loans, have to materialize today you would think, otherwise the spending tomorrow is going to be restricted or super risky. Yet it's eerily quiet. I realize that wages in the PL are absurdly high, and that clubs on the continent do not have all that much to spend - with one or two exceptions - but is it really that difficult?
It is if they aren’t wanted
Many clubs buy within their own leagues and also don’t want dead wood

Hopefully, he'll come good. To sell now, it would probably need to be 5m + add ons. Not sure anyone would bite otherwise. He's comparable to Soloman. Maybe Soloman has the edge over him. So if we can turn him + other players into a higher quality first-team player, then there is an arguement that we should take the cash and reinvest. I guess if Gil is registered as under 21 he doesn't take a place tho?

I don't know if he takes a place. He's a far better player than Solomon who just seemed an opportunistic signing for free, I reckon he'll get the odd few games and then get shipped out in a couple of seasons.

Gil might not suit Ange's style but he's a decent player who I think will have a good career.

I don't know if he takes a place. He's a far better player than Solomon who just seemed an opportunistic signing for free, I reckon he'll get the odd few games and then get shipped out in a couple of seasons.

Gil might not suit Ange's style but he's a decent player who I think will have a good career.
What are you basing that on though?

30m seems a bargain for fati, is he one of the kids that came on in the friendly and ran us ragged?

Not sure I know too much about him TBH, seen his name pop up over the years but can't proclaim to have seen him play much,

Yamal and Torres were brilliant against us from the bench I thought

Back