• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Obviously, anything on SSN must be taken with a pinch of salt but their correspondent at WBA is absolutely adamant that he's spoken to WBA and they will not be selling SB today on the basis they wouldn't have time to bring anyone else in now and they can get good money for him in the summer.
It's looking like a quiet day for us I think. If Harry stays fit all season, shouldn't be a prob…….

lol, they've already replaced him, hence the splintered bum he's had all season

more gonad*s from the wba press room

lol, they've already replaced him, hence the splintered bum he's had all season

more cobblers from the wba press room

If I was having bet, Id say he will stay at WBA. Peace has an agenda.....christ knows what it is mind!
Saido has my sympathies.....

Does anyone think that if the unthinkable happened and Kane got injured we'd be in a better off position with Berahino up top than say Chadli or Son? Chadli got 11 league goals last season and Berahino 14. Just a question for you all?

Bearing in mind, Berahino needs to get up to fitness, learn Pochettino's methods and pressing ideas.

Does anyone think that if the unthinkable happened and Kane got injured we'd be in a better off position with Berahino up top than say Chadli or Son? Chadli got 11 league goals last season and Berahino 14. Just a question for you all?

Bearing in mind, Berahino needs to get up to fitness, learn Pochettino's methods and pressing ideas.
It's a good question. Chadli (like Son) can score goals, but I'm not sure he can play as a striker rather than scoring from an AM position. I think if you're in with a shot at finishing top 4 you should be looking to have back up players who actually play that position rather than looking to fit square pegs into round holes.

It's a good question. Chadli (like Son) can score goals, but I'm not sure he can play as a striker rather than scoring from an AM position. I think if you're in with a shot at finishing top 4 you should be looking to have back up players who actually play that position rather than looking to fit square pegs into round holes.

Chadli is more than capable of filling Kane's role though.

I think so too. We will most likely miss the qualities of Kane of course but we'd adapt. I don't think our situation is any where near as bad as some fans will believe. Poch is right, we really don't need to panic buy. Of course if the right player is available to really push us on, then by all means go for it.

I know it was early in the season, but when Harry went off in the Stoke game and Chadli moved into the central strikers role, we looked v poor. As i said, that was very early on in the season but Nacer didn't look like a striker at all that day. I think scoring from an AM position (many goals coming from outside the area) is v different than playing as a striker. Needs different attributes. I think a half decent centre-bak pairing could stifle the threat from Nacer as a sole striker. Just my view.

I know it was early in the season, but when Harry went off in the Stoke game and Chadli moved into the central strikers role, we looked v poor. As i said, that was very early on in the season but Nacer didn't look like a striker at all that day. I think scoring from an AM position (many goals coming from outside the area) is v different than playing as a striker. Needs different attributes. I think a half decent centre-bak pairing could stifle the threat from Nacer as a sole striker. Just my view.

Agreed. Arriving late from wide areas to get on end of crosses is a good quality of Chadli's (particularly when Tripps is delivering!). A sole striker Nacer is not!

Getting increasingly worried by our inability to address a problem that has been lingering around for some time now. Feels like the Son performance v Leicester replay and Chadli in last couple of games has seriously masked our need for striker cover.

Chadli is not a good striker. He can play in there sometimes but not regularly.
yea that one time he played up there for just 20 minutes or so proved it right?

I think we'd adapt. There are plenty of goals in this team. Of course we'd miss Harry but look at our top goalscorers:

Harry Kane 16
Erik Lamela 8
Bamidele Alli 6
Christian Eriksen 6
Nacer Chadli 5
Son Heung-min 5
Mousa Dembélé 4
Eric Dier 4
Tom Carroll 3
Toby Alderweireld 2
Ryan Mason 1
Kyle Walker 1

We are scoring goals from all over the park, a very good thing.

Agreed. Arriving late from wide areas to get on end of crosses is a good quality of Chadli's (particularly when Tripps is delivering!). A sole striker Nacer is not!

Getting increasingly worried by our inability to address a problem that has been lingering around for some time now. Feels like the Son performance v Leicester replay and Chadli in last couple of games has seriously masked our need for striker cover.

Or maybe they show that Poch knows what he's doing?

There is that, granted. I do trust Poch. But I often wonder how much of it is him smiling for the public (and rest of squad) because Levy has told him he's not willing to splash cash this window?? No point Poch harping on about who we need if he knows we won't see it through. Just causes unrest.

If we dont sign Berahino today we should pull the plug on the Pritchard loan deal at 10.55pm. Why do them any favours?

Back