• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

As for having no window @Lost Mango , no way!! Kane would have been subject to a £40m bid before facing Chel53a and Man United! That would only work in the bigger clubs' favour, imho.

I am old enough to remember when the transfer market was open all year round and I would hate to go back to that system. Its bad enough to have to put up with all the wanabee ITK's and the flimflam in the gutter press, the moaning fans ( have we signed anyone yet, get your finger out Levy, etc etc), during the windows without having to hear it all the time.

You are probably right. The other option would be to abandon the transfer window but only allow players to be registered in a competition before it has begun.
Great idea. No fixed windows. If you don't sign before the league starts you are only eligible for cup matches until some date half way through the season when you can register again.

I think the major leagues should bring their season more in line with each other and then the transfer window closes before the season starts by a week or two.
You still have some leagues that start way earlier, because their climate forces a shutdown during the winter. Granted, they are lower tier ones, but there is still significant movement of players from and to these leagues (Ukraine, Russia, Sweden, etc.). That would be one issue. Another issue is cup competitions. For example, in England there is both a League Cup and an FA Cup. So more fixtures that need to be accommodated, meaning an earlier start required. And if the solution is to push all leagues to start earlier, with so many international competitions each year, the best players would not be able to get in a full pre-season, or they would get minimal rest.

It's a good idea, but I think it will be a bit problematic to implement and the above are some reasons why.

OK back to SB:

Defender Federico Fazio is close to sealing a move to West Bromwich Albion from Tottenham after arriving in the Midlands for a medical.
Fazio, 28, is undergoing tests at the club's training ground and will talk terms, with the Baggies confident the deal will be done on Friday.

Sooo, could this be the precursor to SB moving the other way?

It has to be. We only signed Faz a year ago, and he looked both better than Stambo and more appealing to Poch (seemingly, anyway) than Stambo was. And he's being sold without much reticence to a fellow PL club for what is seemingly going to be a loss: whatever our chairman's faults, it's inconceivable that he lets that happen after booking a neutral (or even profitable) fee on Stambouli from overseas clubs. Unless, of course, some back-scratching's involved soemwhere.

Now watch us end up with Victor Anichebe in exchange instead.

The deals are done I reckon. But it's Spurs, so SB will play against Chelsea and score a hat trick as a goodbye to fans, in the process making JT look like a donkey only for either Jose to swoop for him or JT break his leg in revenge the next time we line up against Chelsea. It's written

The deals are done I reckon. But it's Spurs, so SB will play against Chel53a and score a hat trick as a goodbye to fans, in the process making JT look like a donkey only for either Jose to swoop for him or JT break his leg in revenge the next time we line up against Chel53a. It's written
I think if the deal were already done then there is no way that Spurs would risk allowing the player to stay and play another game for WBA.

Me think so too. WB don't need Fazio as much as we need Berahino so we probably aren't even in for him. A bid to make Levy look like he wants Berahino but we actually sign Juninho.

Juninho_2406380.jpg

You still have some leagues that start way earlier, because their climate forces a shutdown during the winter. Granted, they are lower tier ones, but there is still significant movement of players from and to these leagues (Ukraine, Russia, Sweden, etc.). That would be one issue. Another issue is cup competitions. For example, in England there is both a League Cup and an FA Cup. So more fixtures that need to be accommodated, meaning an earlier start required. And if the solution is to push all leagues to start earlier, with so many international competitions each year, the best players would not be able to get in a full pre-season, or they would get minimal rest.

It's a good idea, but I think it will be a bit problematic to implement and the above are some reasons why.

What about the other way around where the PL is pushed back to start when the window shuts at the end of August?
Personally speaking I think the season starts too early anyway. There are too many games over the Christmas schedule too and the performances I've seen in the last game of the schedule over the last few years the players look like they're running on empty.

It all points to a reduction to say a 36/34 game season, reduce the no of fixtures at Xmas, delay season start to allow international players to recuperate thereby improving the quality of the product on offer.

Wow. We actually sell them Fazio without demanding Berahino in return. This proves two things:

1. Our recruitment strategy is an absolute joke. We sell two of the players we brought just a year ago for a big loss.

2. Levy is much more concerned with getting rid of players to save money, than getting the players we need. Whichever way you wanna look at it this leaves us with eiter three centre backs or no dms.

This window started excellent, but is turning into an absolute nightmare. I'm pretty confident we won't be signing Berahino at all this summer. Our club structure needs to change when it comes to transfers, and fast.

Wow. We actually sell them Fazio without demanding Berahino in return. This proves two things:

1. Our recruitment strategy is an absolute joke. We sell two of the players we brought just a year ago for a big loss.

2. Levy is much more concerned with getting rid of players to save money, than getting the players we need. Whichever way you wanna look at it this leaves us with eiter three centre backs or no dms.

This window started excellent, but is turning into an absolute nightmare. I'm pretty confident we won't be signing Berahino at all this summer. Our club structure needs to change when it comes to transfers, and fast.

Haha, what the hell? You're just going to assume that we're selling Fazio and not getting Berahino in return? That makes absolutely no sense. Pretty much everything going on now points towards Fazio to WBA, Berahino to us. I'll eat my knickers and film it if we sell Fazio to WBA without getting Berahino in return.

Seeing how you're predicting the outcome of something that hasn't happened yet, nothing has really been proven here at all.

What a load of rubbish.

I think it's pretty obvious from Pulis' comments that we are prepared to sell Fazio to West Brom without Berahino as part of the deal. This tells me that it is more important to get rid of Fazio, a player we bought for a considerable amount last summer, than to get a player that the manager wants.

I don't think we Will get him either

Back