• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Here's one for the conspiracy nuts - Levy knows Berahino is not for sale and has asked WBA to publicise the bids in order to look like we're willing to spend big :eek:

thats just a low blow for even the most ardent Levy haters.

# Levy was the third gunman on the grassy knoll

I'm hoping more along the lines of Levy is using Bera and WBA as a cover while really he is in Europe tieing up a secret mega deal!

Agreed.

I can see why WBA are doing this - this is probably their only possibility to ever make any decent money as a club. They don't have an academy churning out players, they're not a stepping stone to the likes of Real, etc. and they're certainly not going to make money by winning things.

WBA have to kill their golden goose as it's refusing to lay eggs - so they're squeezing it for all the gold it has.

Their Chairman is probably a recent graduate of the Daniel Levy School of Negotiation. Good for them, they are only doing what Levy has done to others in the past.

Reactions: DTA
If we haven't gone as high as the media suggest, then this is tactical bidding by Levy and co.

First stage unsettle player and hope they hand in a transfer request - Check
Second stage, make another low bid to frustrate the player even more (and hopefully causes issues) - Check
Third Stage, he is having a medical after his club have accepted a £20m bid - TBC
Fourth Stage, he signs for United and Glory-Glory goes into meltdown. - TBC

Only idiots who believe everything they read and see on teletext believe our list of so called forward transfer targets is a very long one, either that or they have agenda. Which in a certain case they have ( no need for names as most know who I mean) :rolleyes:

Like bill said, Martial. Also Ings, Embolo, Aubameyang, Yarmolenko and Rodriguez. And that's just by Sky.

Edit: Also Moses.

Edit Edit: After a glance at their 'Tottenham Transfer News' page, also Moses, Icardi, Falcao, Benteke and Jackson Martinez.

Not exactly credible links are they? Hardly any of them would have been more than one news story or 10% of the coverage the berahino saga has got! I'd say ings, embolo and martial were ligit, the rest seem to be either last years targets, not strikers, unrealistic, or just generally throw away names for click bait!

Agreed.

I can see why WBA are doing this - this is probably their only possibility to ever make any decent money as a club. They don't have an academy churning out players, they're not a stepping stone to the likes of Real, etc. and they're certainly not going to make money by winning things.

WBA have to kill their golden goose as it's refusing to lay eggs - so they're squeezing it for all the gold it has.

they are trying so hard to get a top 4 club involved in the bidding. Its pretty sad really

if we werent so desperate id love it if we walked away from the deal

Not exactly credible links are they? Hardly any of them would have been more than one news story or 10% of the coverage the berahino saga has got! I'd say ings, embolo and martial were ligit, the rest seem to be either last years targets, not strikers, unrealistic, or just generally throw away names for click bait!

Agreed, but that still makes Berahino at least fourth on our list.

I can't believe I'm actually going through the rigmarole of defending Daniel Levy, but that must be the reason why we've only moved for him after losing seven points in our first three games. Anything else would be so unbelievably incompetent as to warrant sacking, or just cheap to the point where it's beyond even parody.

It must be because we were haggling with other targets, failed and are now on a lower player on our list, with a little room to go lower still (Austin, since we've also been heavily linked to him).

Note that I didn't mention Werner: we were linked with him too, by the semi-credible Lyall Thomas as well. But I think signing N'jie put an end to that prospect.

You know it, I know it and so do others but do not let that get in the way of a flimflam rant. ;)

Agreed, but that still makes Berahino at least fourth on our list.

I can't believe I'm actually going through the rigmarole of defending Daniel Levy, but that must be the reason why we've only moved for him after losing seven points in our first three games. Anything else would be so unbelievably incompetent as to warrant sacking, or just cheap to the point where it's beyond even parody.

It must be because we were haggling with other targets, failed and are now on a lower player on our list, with a little room to go lower still (Austin, since we've also been heavily linked to him).

Note that I didn't mention Werner: we were linked with him too, by the semi-credible Lyall Thomas as well. But I think signing N'jie put an end to that prospect.

:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek:

Back