• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saha

well??

• I knew it

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I didnt see it coming

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I wanted Kaka or Leandro

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • bring back Ginger Pele

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters
Looks like it could be genuinely quite interesting. Not as if Saha has anything to hold back on really, with his career coming to an end. Would be good to get the inside view from a fairly average premier league player who has been about a fair bit.

You must be kidding me :lol: He suffered an array of injuries, but at his best Saha was a superb striker.

Yeah but how often was he ever 'at his best'? Agreed on his day he could be superb, but so could Pav, Bent, the list is endless. By average I mean he was amongst the group that did a job for a team, were decent, but were hardly amongst the Henry's, Shearer's etc of the league.

know he went to euro 2004 did he go to any others? love reading about france at tournaments their players tend to be tossers who hate everyone including themselves.

Yeah but how often was he ever 'at his best'? Agreed on his day he could be superb, but so could Pav, Bent, the list is endless. By average I mean he was amongst the group that did a job for a team, were decent, but were hardly amongst the Henry's, Shearer's etc of the league.

Mate, I really think you haven't see Saha during his pre injury days, the last 22 games of his Fulham career (think he scored 15 goals), and into his first 10 for Manure where he scored 7, much better player all round than Pav/Bent/etc (who by the way, were limited by attitude/intelligence as well as talent). Saha like Owen faded due to injury, and if he had been able to stay injury free, imo he would be in the Henry/Shearer bracket ...

You must be kidding me :lol: He suffered an array of injuries, but at his best Saha was a superb striker.

Superb?

He's had 2 good season in his PL career spanning 15 years and only once has he managed more than 15 goals in a season.

RVN was a superb striker, so was Andy Cole. Saha was slightly above average at best - a perception largerly altered due to his Utd cameo

Last edited:
I guess the point I'm trying to make is he's not a superstar... He's different from, say, a Cantona, or Bergkamp, and therefore his life as a premier league player would have been pretty different to them I'd have thought. You usually only read autobiographys from big stars, so this should be an interesting change of scene.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is he's not a superstar... He's different from, say, a Cantona, or Bergkamp, and therefore his life as a premier league player would have been pretty different to them I'd have thought. You usually only read autobiographys from big stars, so this should be an interesting change of scene.

If you are interested in a more 'journeyman' read, then look out for 'Left foot forward' by Garry Nelson. He played for Charlton in the very late 70's and 80s. Really good footie book. It reveals more about the "up-and-down reality of being a football player than any number of star autobiographies. Its focus is on the overcrowded treatment room, comeback games for the stiffs in front of a few fans, and the occasional highs before the next low strikes you from behind. Told with wit, intelligence, and insight, it is a riveting story as we come to appreciate one man's efforts to earn a living playing the game he loves and to which he has contributed so much".

Superb?

He's had 2 good season in his PL career spanning 15 years and only once has he managed more than 15 goals in a season.

RVN was a superb striker, so was Andy Cole. Saha was slightly above average at best - a perception largerly altered due to his Utd cameo

Saha was better than Cole in my opinion. I thought had he not suffered the injuries Saha would've been one of the top three or four strikers in the Prem during his era.

Saha played in a Man Utd team with the likes of Rooney and Nistelrooy AHEAD of him and you expect him to score double digits EVERY time? Come off it. I'd love to see his goals per minute ratio. Saha was fudging awesome in his day and had it not of been for injuries, would have been thought of in much higher regard

Thought I would bring this thread up again

Wonder what the plan is with him - do we take up the option or will he get released?

Its a difficult one imo, because with Ade gone and Defoe maybe also looking for a new club, we could be looking for 3 new strikers, if we decide to release him.

And somehow I just see us sign 3 new strikers in the summer - 2 maximum

I would get rid.

Our strikeforce needs an overhaul.

Ade, another one, another one.

The second 'another one' can be removed if Defoe is kept.

Saha Axed

LOUIS SAHA has been released by Tottenham after just five months.

The striker, 33, arrived at Spurs from Everton in January.

His availability has already alerted West Ham boss Sam Allardyce, who wants to add more Premier League experience to his squad after promotion via the Championship play-off final.

(The Sun)

Fairly or unfairly, will forever be known as the bozo who jinxed our run-in.

I thought that was Rose in Birmingham?

Anyway - not the kind of player we need or should be investing in - doesn't mean he can't do a job elsewhere - i.e. the Championship, Poland, Croatia, Greece etc.

Not official.

But he's a free agent in a month time anyway, so if it is true then I guess we've told him to go and find a retirement home a few weeks early.

Back