• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sadio Mane

watched a fair bit of Salzburg last year, he was unreal. Sell Lennon and Townsend and bring in Sadio Mane and Welbeck?

[video=youtube;W5zg3ueZ1lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5zg3ueZ1lg[/video]

I was certain I'd read somewhere that he was off to a German club back in July. He looks a good player

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2014/08/31/spurs-transfers-sadio-mane-red-bull-salzburg-2532/

Spurs could be about to sign another player you haven’t heard of with a deal for Red Bull Salzburg winger Sadio Mane close, according to Sport Senegal (report via Laola.tv, an Austrian sports news website).

We were first linked with Mane by the Mirror in March, so this news isn’t quite as random as it first seems

Mane, a 22-year-old Senegal international left winger, apparently went AWOL last week when he left Red Bull’s training camp before their match with Malmo in an attempt to push through a transfer.

It’s worked, and his agent has reportedly been in London since Thursday thrashing out a deal which will cost Spurs about €10m (£8m).

I don’t know a lot about Mane but he has a tremendous record in the Austrian Bundesliga, which includes 13 goals and 13 assists in 33 appearances last season – not bad for a youngin, regardless of the quality of league – and two goals in four appearances so far this term.

Links to Yevhen Konoplyanka, Antoine Griezmann, Memphis Depay and Jay Rodriguez this summer suggest Spurs are actively in the market for a left winger but the relatively unknown Mane would be an underwhelming choice, particularly as it will take him time to adapt to the Premier League.

However, his arrival would be in keeping with the rest of our business this summer which seems to be focussed on buying unproven players with plenty of potential.

It’s worth noting that Sky Sports believe Southampton have bid £11.8m for Mane. If true, then hopefully Spurs will beat the Saints to Mane and send Andros Townsend to St Mary’s!

I want a big lanky striker with ball control to bully defenders and score goals who can play up front on his own but also who can play with his back to goal.

I want a big lanky striker with ball control to bully defenders and score goals who can play up front on his own but also who can play with his back to goal.

Peter-Crouch-006.jpg

i imagine Armchair will be happy with this, I believe he was raving about him last season

i imagine Armchair will be happy with this, I believe he was raving about him last season

Absolutely. Out of the "big 4" from Salzburg (Mane, Soriano, Kampl and Alan) he's definitely the best and the one we need. Fast, tricky, skilfull, direct and eye for goal. Could be a bit of a gem on the quiet. Of the others although Soriano attracts the most praise, its Kampl i'd be interested in: Eriksen-esque and would be a genuine alternative to our stock piled midfield clones off the bench.

Really hope this one goes through.

Absolutely. Out of the "big 4" from Salzburg (Mane, Soriano, Kampl and Alan) he's definitely the best and the one we need. Fast, tricky, skilfull, direct and eye for goal. Could be a bit of a gem on the quiet. Of the others although Soriano attracts the most praise, its Kampl i'd be interested in: Eriksen-esque and would be a genuine alternative to our stock piled midfield clones off the bench.

Cheers for the info mate.

Out of the blue for me, but I would now be very happy if we sign him :)

Saw a story this morning that Southampton had outbid us with an £11.8 million offer.

Spurs force Southampton to buy Townsend for 17.5m by getting in this character. Genius

What would be more genius is if we force them to get TS and we say no but offer TS and 5m for MS.

Johannes Hofer from Sky Sports Austria just tweeted:

Laut @SkySportsNewsHQ soll @SpursOfficial kurz vor einem Abschluss mit Sadio #Mané stehen. @SkySportNewsHD @SkySportAustria #ssnhd
12:50 PM - 1 Sep 2014 Wals-Siezenheim, Österreich

Laut @SkySportsNewsHQ soll @SpursOfficial kurz vor einem Abschluss mit Sadio #Mané stehen. @SkySportNewsHD @SkySportAustria #ssnhd
hmmmmm?

Well that has cleared everything up for me.

Back