• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Yeah - my interpretation of the original post was that it was a compliment.

Everton have great underrated players, whereas we have mediocre overrated players. We've been pretty much neck-and-neck with them for the last decade or so, yet they've probably spent about 1/10 of the amount on transfers and wages that we have. They have effective players whereas we go for names who look flashy.

Well, they have underrated players.. May be, but not all of them can sucess with us.
As example, pienar who is a good Everton player but did not make it with us.

And I can not agree that we have been neck-and-neck with them.

I think that Holtby wanted first team football and would not be happy with being fourth choice.

I think when he left he would have been lower than 4th choice - the stock of Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele hadn't fallen so much then, and Sandro was possibly still staying.

It's a good attitude to leave for that reason. But as things turned out (the nose dives of P, EC and MD, the slow emergence of BS, and RM and NB's injuries), I think he'd've got a lot of game time for us this season so far.

He seems so much more a fit for Poch than AVB's big powerful/cumbersome CMs

I thought Holtby looked really bright playing from the right in pre season, granted it was pre season but still, I think he'd be a good option to have. I wouldn't really want him as a CM though I don't think.

Well, they have underrated players.. May be, but not all of them can sucess with us.
As example, pienar who is a good Everton player but did not make it with us.

And I can not agree that we have been neck-and-neck with them.

I think Pienaar struggled at us because we didn't have a system - we were very sexy in a 'good players run about a bit' sort of a way, but that didn't suit a system player like him.

For the past decade us and Everton have tended to finish about a place apart - generally somewhere between 5-7th (Liverpool's fall and City's rise mixing things up a little). We've won one cup, they got to a final; and both of us qualified for the CL once. We are in essence the perennial Europa through the league qualifiers. I'd call that pretty neck-and-neck.

You can't have a team full of flair players, someone has to do the hard stuff else the team falls apart.

You could be right. I do think that his tendency to chase the ball like a dog in the park would be an issue in a Poch side.

Yeah maybe, although I am surprised he released him as I still would have thought Poch would see the energy he posesses and could coach him to use it correctly?

I think Poch is beginning to develop certain players, even someone like say Townsend - I've noticed subtle differences in his game of late, looks to pass more and actual intelligent passes that lead to chances created. I would have backed him to coach Holtby into becoming an effective player. To me he is energetic and forward thinking in his passing two important factors, and can strike a ball too...

Yeah maybe, although I am surprised he released him as I still would have thought Poch would see the energy he posesses and could coach him to use it correctly?

I think Poch is beginning to develop certain players, even someone like say Townsend - I've noticed subtle differences in his game of late, looks to pass more and actual intelligent passes that lead to chances created. I would have backed him to coach Holtby into becoming an effective player. To me he is energetic and forward thinking in his passing two important factors, and can strike a ball too...
I suspect that it was case of him being the only player deemed surplus that had interest shown in him.

It is hard not to like Holtby, his enthusiasm was infectious but he did not do anything to justify a starting place during his time with us and I can understand why we moved him on.

His passing is poor and I think that's why he got moved on. He is a also A bit of a headless chicken with his pressing. If the argument was whether he should be here instead of paulinho then of course yes,,,,, but I don't rate him above the rest and I think he is not up to it. Not a bad player but to sell for 5-6m makes perfect sense

Was he really great today?

Didn't get on the ball enough, and when he did I didn't think his passing was as good as it has been in the past. When he got the chance to make something special happened his passing and/or finishing let him down.

Not ****ging him off, still an important player for us. We struggled as a team in the first half though, him included. We improved in the second, but it wasn't one of his better matches.

I agree, did people really describe him as having been great?!

He looked tired, his passes were often under played, or inaccurate, when it mattered. He ballooned our best chance, of the game, over the bar. He seemed to let a lot of play pass him by.

If this was a great game...wow.

I thought his tenacity and willingness to fight for the ball more then made up for his performance. He wasn't having his best game, but he was still the heart and soul of the team.

I thought his tenacity and willingness to fight for the ball more then made up for his performance. He wasn't having his best game, but he was still the heart and soul of the team.

Wow. Watch this guy from a decent seta and you see a very different game

I was in a box in the west today and he had. A great game. Full of runs and generally good passes. Looked better than Rooney like for like

The thing I like about him is, whether he has a good or bad game, he will work his ar5e off. That should be a minimum we expect from players, but it isn't for most of them. Why I am loving him and Kane right now, they just give their all.

Oh boy, saw this had been posted in and thought okay, maybe know people are starting to see what I mean about this guy not being good enough after today's awful display, then the first two posts.... **** me. At least others then came and said he wasn't great.

I mean, it's not just that he wasn't great, but he was downright awful, how many times, especially in the final 30 mins did he give the ball away? This guy is so painfully average, it blows my mind how anyone rates him. He works hard? Great. He's still ****.

I'm really beginning to hate the guy, which I don't want to, I like him, he's a youth o,Ayer, it's not his fault he isn't very good. It's pochs I site ce in playing him, and the fans desire to **** off their own...

I can't wait until he is out of this squad and playing where he belongs. He doesn't offer anything.

The thing I like about him is, whether he has a good or bad game, he will work his ar5e off. That should be a minimum we expect from players, but it isn't for most of them. Why I am loving him and Kane right now, they just give their all.

Agreed. Mason weren't at his best but at least he put in a good shift.

A pity he couldn't have sealed his place in Spurs folklore by scoring with this chance to finally end our 13 year long wait for a home win against ManU...

[VINE]OH39aEFALpE[/VINE]

Last edited:
Agreed. Mason weren't at his best but at least he put in a good shift.

A pity he couldn't have sealed his place in Spurs folklore by scoring with this chance to finally end our 13 year long wait for a home win against ManU...

[VINE]OH39aEFALpE[/VINE]

That was an incredible pass by Kane.

I thought Mason did well when I was watching but I heard a stat that his pass completion rate was 57%. I'm not one for stats normally but that's pretty poor by any standards.

That was an incredible pass by Kane.

I thought Mason did well when I was watching but I heard a stat that his pass completion rate was 57%. I'm not one for stats normally but that's pretty poor by any standards.

Very poor and his worse of the season... However he made 6 interceptions which is a season high

It was a strange game and don't forget their midfield overloaded ours massively.

He didn't have his best game but for me had a good one certainly

Back