• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

in your opinion

That would likely be Mason's opinion too seeing as Roy knows the lad's family. I personally like what he's doing from his current position on the field. We are blessed by the fact that he and Bentaleb can both interplay confidently with the 3 attacking midfielders and break forward. A true double pivot.

What a player wants to do and what is actually most beneficial to the team aren't always the same thing. It's like kids all wanting to play up front.

What a player wants to do and what is actually most beneficial to the team aren't always the same thing. It's like kids all wanting to play up front.

Yep agreed, think he's a good centre mid in his current position.

The replies were regarding Adam saying it was just roy's opinion though, when its most likely from the horses mouth.

To anyone who doesn't rate him . Today you saw how important his simple play can be to a whole team. When we replaced him with stombouli we looked half a team. Calmness in possession, playing the right pass and energy are things that cannot be bought - he is a v important player in this team

To anyone who doesn't rate him . Today you saw how important his simple play can be to a whole team. When we replaced him with stombouli we looked half a team. Calmness in possession, playing the right pass and energy are things that cannot be bought - he is a v important player in this team

because when stambouli come on, Bentaleb stayed deep. All it takes is Poch to tell Bentaleb to go forward and play Masons role and we'd have the exact same as the first half.

because when stambouli come on, Bentaleb stayed deep. All it takes is Poch to tell Bentaleb to go forward and play Masons role and we'd have the exact same as the first half.

I thought Stambouli was tidy though and was a string replacement

I thought Bentelab was great before Mason went off and afterwards his passing was a bit iffy

I thought Bentelab was great before Mason went off and afterwards his passing was a bit iffy

He is. But he plays deeper then both. Stambouli was fine when he come on, played the ball forward quickly and even took on a man.

I'm not sure the sub had that much effect. It was more Wednesday kicking in, combined with the crowd getting on the team's back for not scoring the 3rd making the players tetchy.

Yeah, don't think it proves anything, just bad tactical work from porch, he replaced Masons with a DM and didn't tell bentaleb to play masons role, so we had two deep players. If he wanted Bentley to stay doing that he should've brought on Dembele instead, or, body, put Eriksen in the middle or something.

I still think Mason is the weakest link personally. I think we'll be stronger without him.

Yeah, don't think it proves anything, just bad tactical work from porch, he replaced Masons with a DM and didn't tell bentaleb to play masons role, so we had two deep players. If he wanted Bentley to stay doing that he should've brought on Dembele instead, or, body, put Eriksen in the middle or something.

I still think Mason is the weakest link personally. I think we'll be stronger without him.

I don't believe for one minute POCH couldn't see this but we could. I think it has to be a case of he told bentaleb to push forward more but the lad just didn't do it.

I think mason does a lot of simple things right, he's always going to be a player that some fans just don't see what he does. Carrick is an example of that type of player

Mason and Bentelab work real well together in arguably the hardest position on the pitch

They have the knowledge of each other's games coming through the reserves, youth etc... Together

There are flaws in their game a which you would expect given their youth and inexperience

Personally I love seeing them together and they will only get better

We were 2-1 up at the time and Burnley had looked a bit dangerous at times. I really don't think asking our two deep midfielders to be a bit patient and careful with leaving us exposed is bad tactical work.

Thought Mason did really well up until his injury. Hope it's not serious. Switched the play really well a couple of times, kept the ball moving quickly and accurately, got forward well into some dangerous positions and did his job defensively.

With Mason out for a bit and our desire to play more like we did in that first half against burnley, is there any chance we could see Tom Carroll come back from his loan spell in January? Think the two have very similar playing styles though Mason offers a bit more with late runs into the box and shooting range. Tommy's got the ability to add that quick tempo passing we all like to see so much and I'd like to see what a bentaleb/carroll pairing looks like

With Mason out for a bit and our desire to play more like we did in that first half against burnley, is there any chance we could see Tom Carroll come back from his loan spell in January? Think the two have very similar playing styles though Mason offers a bit more with late runs into the box and shooting range. Tommy's got the ability to add that quick tempo passing we all like to see so much and I'd like to see what a bentaleb/carroll pairing looks like

Has there been any news on Mason. I thought Poch said yesterday that it wasn't serious, but had to be evaluated today?

Wouldn't mind Carroll back if possible.

If you think Mason was a weak link then you didn't watch the game - he was one of our best players (yet again) until he went off,

Tbh Mason isn't really a Spurs tupe player - to me is an everton style player who teams around the country would think 'we could really do with a player like that in our squad'. He is energetic, hard working, technical, simple yet effective and will give you 100% each game. We seem to like players with a bit more flair and reputation..... Dembele is a perfect Spurs type player - skill and talent in abundance yet mostly completely underwhelming.

If you think Mason was a weak link then you didn't watch the game - he was one of our best players (yet again) until he went off,

Tbh Mason isn't really a Spurs tupe player - to me is an everton style player who teams around the country would think 'we could really do with a player like that in our squad'. He is energetic, hard working, technical, simple yet effective and will give you 100% each game. We seem to like players with a bit more flair and reputation..... Dembele is a perfect Spurs type player - skill and talent in abundance yet mostly completely underwhelming.

Agreed. Thought Mason was better than Bentaleb yesterday, who probably had his worst game since coming back from the injury.

Some inconsistency with these young players is inevitable though, particularly with a packed fixture list like ours I think. Bentaleb will bounce back and Mason will continue to impress. Just highlights the need for some proper competition for them.

Out of interest, do we know how many times he and Bentaleb have played together in our academy setup. A few people point out that they have a good understanding based from that, but I thought Mason and Bentaleb graduated in different years. If that is the case then it speaks volumes for the youth system that we can have players from different years combine together so effectively.

Out of interest, do we know how many times he and Bentaleb have played together in our academy setup. A few people point out that they have a good understanding based from that, but I thought Mason and Bentaleb graduated in different years. If that is the case then it speaks volumes for the youth system that we can have players from different years combine together so effectively.

Yeah - Mason is 3 years older and was already out on his third loan at the time Bentaleb signed

Mason was part of Inglethorp's famous class of 2009 (Jansson, Smith, Caulker, Butcher, Cox, M'Poku, Kasim, Parrett, Bostock, Townsend, Mason and Obika). Bentaleb didn't sign until 2012.

Back