• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

He's meant to be very highly rated within the club/coaching set up and he hasn't got a game in the first team at the base of midfield yet. He's filling out fast and looks the most natural like for like for Dembele that we have. Maybe it is a little early for him but most of us thought that about Dele and Dier a year ago.

The coaching staff obviously see a lot more of him than I do, I was just commenting on the 20(?) or so times he's appeared for the first team. In terms of contributing today, you wouldnt want him to be one of your 4 first choice CMs, or first 5 players for the 3 positions behind the CF

He was originally meant to be of an attacking midfielder? Recently people talking about him playing the 'pivot'. How's that come about then?!!

He's a number 8. Been plaued out of positon.

I know he has a great reputation however I honestly don't see what people see in Onomah - he certainly hasnt shown anything in the handful of starts and numerous sub cameo appearances. Presumably he shows a lot more in training which makes Poch keep picking him. He looks to me like he coasts through games rather than is giving 100%, which obviously cant be the case in a Poch team. For a CM position, I'd definitely play WInks ahead of him, and hopefully in the attacking roles he's no more than 6th choice for the positions behind the CF

Onomah has a higher ceiling than winks imo and is seen as one of the best youth talent we have produced. He is an excellent player who is starting to become a physical beast too.

Why would you play winks? Based on friendlies?

The coaching staff obviously see a lot more of him than I do, I was just commenting on the 20(?) or so times he's appeared for the first team. In terms of contributing today, you wouldnt want him to be one of your 4 first choice CMs, or first 5 players for the 3 positions behind the CF

I'm very happy with him being a first team squad player. I do not think that he did any worse than N'Jie during his substitute appearances last year and he is considerably younger, less experience and not playing in, what is generally considered to be, his natural position.

Not been your week, eh GB?

First Bentaleb - now Mason.

Don't get too depressed, mate ;)

At least we sold Yedlin - I hate terrible players signed for purely commercial reasons.

But no - Mason and Kane were the two key players who brought the fans and club back together 2 years ago, and it's troubling that we may be losing one of them

But no - Mason and Kane were the two key players who brought the fans and club back together 2 years ago, and it's troubling that we may be losing one of them

I like Mason but I think he had little to do with the fans being onside with the club. I think that is down to a little stability, playing decent football and winning. Mason played a part in getting that going but got little credit for it and was largely absent last year.

At least we sold Yedlin - I hate terrible players signed for purely commercial reasons.

It certainly help build some bridges I agree. We may be losing one academy son, and I'm a little sorry to see that too, but there are plenty more coming through. That connection with the academy is something they are focusing on so hopeful the goodwill built will not dissipate.

From the yoof thread ->http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hot...to-follow-barcelona-model-mauricio-pochettino

Last edited:
personally I don't care where the players come from, I like Mason because he's a tidy player who works hard, I'd like him just as much if he came through the Arsenal academy before signing for us

Not so much on any particular but I also see where a player comes from as completely irrelevant!

I like Mason but I think he had little to do with the fans being onside with the club. I think that is down to a little stability, playing decent football and winning. Mason played a part in getting that going but got little credit for it and was largely absent last year.

He and Kane led the dressing room rebellion which brought down the underperforming mercenaries and phoning-in mentality. They basically bought Poch enough space to survive his first season and be able to implement his ideas.

For 7 years before that night at Stoke, the connection had gone between fans and the team.

It certainly help build some bridges I agree. We may be losing one academy son, and I'm a little sorry to see that too, but there are plenty more coming through. That connection with the academy is something they are focusing on so hopeful the goodwill built will not dissipate.

From the yoof thread ->http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hot...to-follow-barcelona-model-mauricio-pochettino

The only way I could stomach Mason's departure is if we don't bring in any more CMs or ACMs, and fully back Winks and Onomah.

He and Kane led the dressing room rebellion which brought down the underperforming mercenaries and phoning-in mentality. They basically bought Poch enough space to survive his first season and be able to implement his ideas.

For 7 years before that night at Stoke, the connection had gone between fans and the team.

during the Redknapp years and AVB's first season?

with Dawson, VDV and Bale in the side?

not for me it hadn't

Looking like Sunderland. Aston Villa wanted him but he didn't want to drop down to the championship.

Hope he does well in the number ten role where he should've been played. Eriksen should've been rested he hasn't played well for months but that's life Poch obviously thinks he's undroppable which I don't like but life goes on..

Looking like Sunderland. Aston Villa wanted him but he didn't want to drop down to the championship.

Hope he does well in the number ten role where he should've been played. Eriksen should've been rested he hasn't played well for months but that's life Poch obviously thinks he's undroppable which I don't like but life goes on..

Today would've been the perfect opportunity!

In the second half of last season it was Dele rather than Erikson playing at number ten. It's hard to argue that he should have been dropped.

Back