• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Decent squad player. Would've liked us to keep him, tbh. Then again, we have a few youngsters coming through the ranks. Not bad business to bring up a few talents and sell those that doesn't quite cut it for good fees. :)

Yes, if Mason leaves we need another CM to challenge/cover Dembele. Then we'd have four decent CMs (plus kids) for two positions

I don't see us signing another CM. I am sure that moving on Bantaleb and Mason is to make room for Winks and Onomah. The money will be spent elsewhere IMHO

Kometa-at-dawn-1.jpg

Good luck to him, wherever he goes.

I don't see us signing another centre mid, we can drop Alli back if we need to -- and then we already have Dier, Wanyama and Dembele. That leaves a bit of room for a youngster to come through and make an impression.

I don't see us signing another CM. I am sure that moving on Bantaleb and Mason is to make room for Winks and Onomah. The money will be spent elsewhere IMHO

I know he has a great reputation however I honestly don't see what people see in Onomah - he certainly hasnt shown anything in the handful of starts and numerous sub cameo appearances. Presumably he shows a lot more in training which makes Poch keep picking him. He looks to me like he coasts through games rather than is giving 100%, which obviously cant be the case in a Poch team. For a CM position, I'd definitely play WInks ahead of him, and hopefully in the attacking roles he's no more than 6th choice for the positions behind the CF

I hope this is a repeat of Lamela situation from 12 months all - i.e. nearly going to Inter and Marseille, but ultimately staying and thriving

I'm worried we are starting to lose our identity again a bit.

I know he has a great reputation however I honestly don't see what people see in Onomah - he certainly hasnt shown anything in the handful of starts and numerous sub cameo appearances. Presumably he shows a lot more in training which makes Poch keep picking him. He looks to me like he coasts through games rather than is giving 100%, which obviously cant be the case in a Poch team. For a CM position, I'd definitely play WInks ahead of him, and hopefully in the attacking roles he's no more than 6th choice for the positions behind the CF

Onomah is very young. Winks is a year, if not 2, above him.

He's not good enough for the teams that try to play football. Probably more chance of Sunderland staying up, but it's a close call.

He's meant to be very highly rated within the club/coaching set up and he hasn't got a game in the first team at the base of midfield yet. He's filling out fast and looks the most natural like for like for Dembele that we have. Maybe it is a little early for him but most of us thought that about Dele and Dier a year ago.

He's meant to be very highly rated within the club/coaching set up and he hasn't got a game in the first team at the base of midfield yet. He's filling out fast and looks the most natural like for like for Dembele that we have. Maybe it is a little early for him but most of us thought that about Dele and Dier a year ago.
He was originally meant to be of an attacking midfielder? Recently people talking about him playing the 'pivot'. How's that come about then?!!

He was originally meant to be of an attacking midfielder? Recently people talking about him playing the 'pivot'. How's that come about then?!!

It's quite to start as an AM and then move back to a more mature role at CM. Modric did it, Dembele did it etc.

Sunderland are probably offering 60-70k a week

He will be in more money than Kane and Eriksen put together. :confused:

I hope this is a repeat of Lamela situation from 12 months all - i.e. nearly going to Inter and Marseille, but ultimately staying and thriving

I'm worried we are starting to lose our identity again a bit.

Not been your week, eh GB?

First Bentaleb - now Mason.

Don't get too depressed, mate ;)

It's quite to start as an AM and then move back to a more mature role at CM. Modric did it, Dembele did it etc.
Dembele started as a striker! We even played Modric left wing while he settled in.

I just hadn't heard that we had changed Onomah's position in any games, then suddenly.... He's the new Dembele cover!

Back