• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rooney - Is he s**t?

Reeks of desperation. Rooney was never going to go anywhere so they should have called his bluff. Paying that sort of money for a player well past his prime is lunacy.

Rooney himself seems to have little ambition left in him apart from seeing out his days in the comfort zone of Old Trafford where he can stay long enough to break all their scoring records and mark his place in history. He was never going to move and start again at a new club.

Why is everyone so ****in bothered by this - like seriously.

You are worth what youre given. Simple.

Players wages going up and up and up

Tickets for games going up and up and up

Some correlation me thinks :-k

I'm not bothered in the slightest, it's United's money to throw away. He's not worth anything close the money he will now get. I'm not sure I would even put him in the top 10 players in the world.

I don't think anyone that has posted in this thread is really bothered or annoyed by this. People are just saying that they think rooney has got the better end of this deal and can't believe that moyes (or the higher ups at utd) actually sanctioned this deal.

I'm with you and probably most others in this thread in saying "well done wayne!".

I'm not bothered in the slightest, it's United's money to throw away. He's not worth anything close the money he will now get. I'm not sure I would even put him in the top 10 players in the world.

I'm not sure that I would even put him in the top 10 players in the league.

Guess they'll have to update the graph to reflect this latest milestone in English football...

Twitter / sportingintel: From £20 to £33,868 per week: a quick history of English football's top-flight wages http://j.mp/f3pyzn

I'm not sure that I would even put him in the top 10 players in the league.

Agreed.

Football weekly made the point that he essentially had United in a really tough spot. Right now his salary is too high compared to other players and other clubs, but perhaps not outrageous. 4-5 years down the line with his history of fitness issues though, could be a real drain on the club.

300K x 52 = 15,600,000

The money they'll be paying him over the course of his contract is enough to buy a £40 million player and pay him £100K a week.

300K x 52 = 15,600,000

The money they'll be paying him over the course of his contract is enough to buy a £40 million player and pay him £100K a week.

Would a £40m player settle for "only" £100k a week nowadays though :-k Aren't Ozil and Mata reputed to be on about £150k/week?

300K x 52 = 15,600,000

which they will still do in the summer, and probably buy two or three of them......the point is how much would it have cost to replace Rooney and his goals/inluence if he left in the summer or next season for free??

footballers are overpaid shocker :lol:...whats new, think of all the cr@p that get more than 20k a week, more than 50k a week. :eek:

which they will still do in the summer, and probably buy two or three of them......the point is how much would it have cost to replace Rooney and his goals/inluence if he left in the summer or next season for free??

I think that Rooney's significance at Man United is his name far more than anything he does on the pitch. The reason he has got this deal is because they cannot be seen to be losing a big name.

They would still have gotten a massive chunk of money for him come the summer if they decided to cash in.

I think that Rooney's significance at Man United is his name far more than anything he does on the pitch. The reason he has got this deal is because they cannot be seen to be losing a big name.

Agreed, they were backed into a corner and his agents knew to turn the screw.

The wages is one thing, but the length of the contract for a 28 year old is almost as ridiculous.

Back