• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Interesting, was the contact on the ankle then? I thought it was on the shin and then feared he might have hurt his ankle when landing.

I would rest him anyway against City. In fact I would pick the team for the wham game (which is just a few days later) which would be needed again against Saudi Sportswashing Machine two days after that, and then not play any of them against City.

Write that game off because even if we nick a point it will cripple us for the next two winnable home games that come in quick succession. Also someone like Udogie will get injured in one of those three games knowing our luck atm.

Vicario
Porro, Romero, Dorrington, Udogie
Bentancur, Bissouma, Lo Celso
Kulusevski, Son, Johnson

Save all of them apart from the gk for wham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
When he got hit one leg hit the other
And cash got both legs
He did go off holding his ankle though for sure

Well that’s the news I feared. Didn’t think it was his ACL as when he did it at Leicester, he didn’t get up, he was distressed and he needed oxygen. On Sunday he tried to run it off but you could see he was in trouble with it straight away.

A f**king shocking tackle, a terrible loss to the team, a terrible loss for the player himself. I shouldn’t wish it but I hope Romero has put Matty Cash’s name in his little black book.

Call it 3 months then.

But apparantly we are not allowed to use injuries as an excuse..okay lets see what happens if Liverpool or Arsenal have the same problem. I can see the ticker tape headlines on Sky Sports now with a weeks mourning...

seriously, I really am thinking this stadium is built on some cursed ancient burial ground or something

Call it 3 months then.

But apparantly we are not allowed to use injuries as an excuse..okay lets see what happens if Liverpool or Arsenal have the same problem. I can see the ticker tape headlines on Sky Sports now with a weeks mourning...

seriously, I really am thinking this stadium is built on some cursed ancient burial ground or something
The ground it was built on wasn't really a bastion of good fortune either...

I
Well that’s the news I feared. Didn’t think it was his ACL as when he did it at Leicester, he didn’t get up, he was distressed and he needed oxygen. On Sunday he tried to run it off but you could see he was in trouble with it straight away.

A f**king shocking tackle, a terrible loss to the team, a terrible loss for the player himself. I shouldn’t wish it but I hope Romero has put Matty Cash’s name in his little black book.
it’s scandalous that a player gets away with it though
No attempt to get the ball and takes a player out for 10 weeks
Add in his previous injury and the guy must feel broken

I

it’s scandalous that a player gets away with it though
No attempt to get the ball and takes a player out for 10 weeks
Add in his previous injury and the guy must feel broken
Yeah I was seething about it on Sunday and still am now. It was a fudging dreadful challenge, worse in intent than a lot of the studs up ones that get reds now, but don’t think it is a red card and would be very hard to make a red card. You can’t penalise intent because you never know what’s going through someone’s mind and a lot of similar fouls do happen accidentally.

I’m gutted though. I love watching Bentancur. He is absolute class.

Yeah I was seething about it on Sunday and still am now. It was a fudging dreadful challenge, worse in intent than a lot of the studs up ones that get reds now, but don’t think it is a red card and would be very hard to make a red card. You can’t penalise intent because you never know what’s going through someone’s mind and a lot of similar fouls do happen accidentally.

We know deep down he was out to do Bentancur, same with Doherty which iirc was an even worse challenge of full blooded recklessness absolutely smashing the player.

We know deep down he was out to do Bentancur, same with Doherty which iirc was an even worse challenge of full blooded recklessness absolutely smashing the player.
I honestly don’t think he wanted to do Doherty. I think his frustration at the disallowed goal saw the red mist descend. I’m sure a Villa fan would say it’s just a bad tackle without malice. Three different opinions and any one of us could be right or wrong.

It's hard to see a way to fix it but it's mad that the tackle from Cash receives the same level of punishment as kicking the ball away after a foul or giving the ref a bit of stick. The inverse of it is that we are often quite happy to see players going hard in to challenges, I'm not really sure that Cash thought "that's the guy who has been out for a while so I'm going to do him in", it's just fine margins.

On Bentancur though that is a tough one to take. I had said in another thread he was an unknown quantity in Ange's side but he looked class setting up a few players with excellent opportunities with incisive passing from the time he was on the pitch. Losing Sarr and Biss from the engine room for Afcon becomes a bit more nightmare-ish if he's not up to speed by then.

Back