• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Soldado - Official! - Medical Completed!!

Does anyone else find it odd how low key this transfer has been, considering he is now our record signing. I know that it has been overshadowed in the media by the Bale saga, but even our own announcements had no quotes from AVB or anyone at the club. And there was no sign of AVB in the official unveiling photos. Whereas the club launches a kids computer game that apparently warrants wheeling out a club legend and an executive director.

Does anyone else find it odd how low key this transfer has been, considering he is now our record signing. I know that it has been overshadowed in the media by the Bale saga, but even our own announcements had no quotes from AVB or anyone at the club. And there was no sign of AVB in the official unveiling photos. Whereas the club launches a kids computer game that apparently warrants wheeling out a club legend and an executive director.

odd indeed

only thing i can think is that there will be a big presentation of all our signings so far, once Capoue signs on, where all the media will be invited and there will be chances for interviews and pics

also the club seem hesitant to give too much time to the media because the questioning will always come round to Bale

only thing i can think is that there will be a big presentation of all our signings so far, once Capoue signs on, where all the media will be invited and there will be chances for interviews and pics

Perhaps coinciding with the launch of the 3rd kit.

Probably saving it all up for the friendly against Espanyol.

perhaps but it could be good for taking any pressure off Soldado..... im surprised this thread is mainly filled with little dance dude gif...... I thought this thread would explode seeing how we finally got the top class striker we were praying for......

I am massively pleased with this signing I was devastated we missed out on Benteke.....and I still stand by we should have signed him and I think he will go on and have another good year for Villa........we shall see..........personally I couldn't see us spending that money for a 28 year old but the top strikers you have to pay the going rate I guess.....and Soldado is more proven/experienced than Benteke.

After casting aside my disappointment over benteke I did more research on this guy when the noises were getting louder....... his stats are very impressive and his movement looks to be exactly what we have been crying out for.

Well chuffed with this signing ......although I have tried and been met with little enthusiasm we need to get a song sorted......

SEXO ES SOLDADO!!!!

Problem with such a drawn out transfer like this is that everyone's pretty much done talking about it by the time he actually signs.

Not just Soldado, AVB has not commented much on any of our new signings so far. Maybe it is AVB's tactics to avoid putting huge pressure of expectations on the new players.

Really pleased with Soldado, he is going to tear it up this year, no doubt

also the club seem hesitant to give too much time to the media because the questioning will always come round to Bale

This might have something to do with it, but if they have taken this approach it really is a PR opportunity lost. You'd have to think there will a little more fanfare at some stage.

Not just Soldado, AVB has not commented much on any of our new signings so far. Maybe it is AVB's tactics to avoid putting huge pressure of expectations on the new players.

If you take Keith Mills' statements at face value, then we're not even close to done yet, with a lot more apparently in the pipeline. The Capoue deal is seemingly evidence of this. So I'd imagine AVB is probably going to unveil/ comment on them all once everyone's arrived, rather than effusively praising each player individually.

Paulinho
Soldado
Chadli
Capoue?
Chiriches?
A new LB?
A backup striker?

Need a creative player still, unless AVB feels we can just run through teams.

midget-dancing-gif.gif

I loooooooooooooooooooooike it

louis-walsh.jpg

To expand on that criptic post:

Soldado Scores Hat-trick For Spurs

Yes it’s true and gone unnoticed to many that as it was only a behind the doors friendly against Enfield in which we won 11-0.

Not really an official game but more like a training match, new signing Roberto Soldado made a great statement to his new team by scoring a hat-trick. Paulinho also played in the match, don’t get too excited it was only Enfield and there probably wasn’t many hard tackles made through fear of injury.

I also heard a rumour that Carlton Cole played and scored a couple in the match, I don’t know if that’s true or not but a few sources seem to think that they let him join in with the team as he’s been training with us while he looks for a new club.

To expand on that criptic post:

Soldado Scores Hat-trick For Spurs

Yes it’s true and gone unnoticed to many that as it was only a behind the doors friendly against Enfield in which we won 11-0.

Not really an official game but more like a training match, new signing Roberto Soldado made a great statement to his new team by scoring a hat-trick. Paulinho also played in the match, don’t get too excited it was only Enfield and there probably wasn’t many hard tackles made through fear of injury.

I also heard a rumour that Carlton Cole played and scored a couple in the match, I don’t know if that’s true or not but a few sources seem to think that they let him join in with the team as he’s been training with us while he looks for a new club.

Goalscorers were Soldado 3, Sigurdsson 3, Townsend 2, Kane 2 and Lennon.

Cole didn't play apparently.

I feel for Valencia. All their best players always leave, and usually on bad terms.
Also they just signed Postiga.

:(

Spain travel to Ecuador next weds for a friendly and it looks like Soldado has been left out of the squad =D> well done Spain, gives him a chance to settle in at a new club in a new country

Back