• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Re: Soldado - Official!

Where's Statto when you need him?!

Right here:...

Last summer, Spurs had a net surplus from player trading of £14,603,000.

We bought Fryers & Holtby in January 2013 for an estimated £4,500,000.

That gave us £10,103,000 surplus going into the Summer 2013 window.

We've bought Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado for a combined £49,900,000, sold Caulker for £9,000,000 and received around £3,000,000 from the Dos Santos sell-on clause.

So our net spend from last summer until now has been £27,797,000 and we've added all these players...

Roberto Soldado Valencia, Spain Aug-13 £25,900,000
Nacer Chadli FC Twente, Netherlands Jly-13 £7,000,000
Paulinho Corinthians, Brazil Jly-13 £17,000,000
Lewis Holtby Schalke 04 Jan-13 £1,500,000
Zeki Fryers Standard Liege, Belgium Jan-13 £3,000,000
Clint Dempsey Fulham Aug-12 £6,000,000
Hugo Lloris Lyon, France Aug-12 £11,800,000
Mousa Dembele Fulham Aug-12 £15,000,000
Emmanuel Adebayor Emirates Marketing Project Aug-12 £5,000,000
Jan Vertonghen Ajax, Netherlands Jly-12 £9,000,000
Gylfi Sigurdsson 1899 Hoffenheim, Ger Jly-12 £6,800,000
Grant Hall Brighton & Hove Albion May-12 £0

...I'd say that's a very good bit of business!

If Bale is staying, things now looking v good for next season.
If he's not, we need to get a class replacement in soon - Willian???

soldado+ chadli+paulinho-caulker= 26+7+17 = 40m
caulker = 8
=========
that's 32 already. what;s our record net spend in a season?

but then we'll sell Thudd for say £5m, Ade for say £6m, Parker for £2m- £3m and perhaps also Livermore for £2m - £3m and Gomes for £2m. Thats up to another £18m coming in leaving net £14m. Would say therefore that there's a chance that we could add again in midfield

I've left Benny out of the previous para given that I would expect that if we sell him then we'll sign another left back and the prices would be somewhat similar (ie net spend/receipts of less than £2m)

Sandro----Paulinho
----Dembele------
Gylfi-------Bale
----Soldado------

Some might argue that there arent enough goals in that team, but with Bale and Soldado we would probably only need 3 chances a game. Also We could enjoy a lot of possesion with Dembele and Gylfi pulling the strings.

Sandro and Paulinho will just have to break anything that comes by.

Last edited:

but then we'll sell Thudd for say £5m, Ade for say £6m, Parker for £2m- £3m and perhaps also Livermore for £2m - £3m and Gomes for £2m. Thats up to another £18m coming in leaving net £14m. Would say therefore that there's a chance that we could add again in midfield

I've left Benny out of the previous para given that I would expect that if we sell him then we'll sign another left back and the prices would be somewhat similar (ie net spend/receipts of less than £2m)

I hope we dont sell Ade. He could be a good sub, or we can just mix it up with him Defoe and Soldado.

Sandro----Paulinho
----Dembele------
Gylfi-------Bale
----Soldado------

Some might argue that there arent enough goals in that team, but with Bale and Soldado we would probably only need 3 chances a game. Also We could enjoy a lot of possesion with Dembele and Gylfi pulling the strings.

Sandro and Paulinho will just have to break anything that comes by.

Clearly enough goals in that team.

Would prefer Bale right and Gylfi left though.

soldado+ chadli+paulinho-caulker= 26+7+17 = 50m
caulker = 9
=========
that's 41 already. what;s our record net spend in a season?

We've only spent like this twice before (around 40m net with 60m+ total), that were the two seasons where we first put all our efforts together to build a squad for Ramos that was going to put us closer to the Champions League clubs.
And the season after when we pushed on and had to do a lot of emergency signings with Redknapp to secure our Premier League survival.
It is very likely that those two season's investments are a factor of why we haven't spent anything net for years as we've been paying down the players over their 5 year contracts.
Making this our first summer possible to spend anything net again, that with the increase of tv money makes our current spending possible. Just remember that we're paying for it the coming 5 years though :)

Last edited:

Clearly enough goals in that team.

Would prefer Bale right and Gylfi left though.

You seem to worry about that! They can change at half time.

I think that team is very very solid.

The likes of vertonghen, Paulinho, will pop up with goals aswell.

I wouldnt like to face that team.

You seem to worry about that! They can change at half time.

I think that team is very very solid.

The likes of vertonghen, Paulinho, will pop up with goals aswell.

I wouldnt like to face that team.

I don't worry, just think Sig and Bale are both effective at cutting inside and shooting. If you have them on those wings they'd be shooting with their weaker feet, which doesn't seem like a good thing.

Not seen anything to make me think Sig could play well on the right, whereas he played well on the left last season.

It's also a very beastly team. They are pretty much all 6 foot or over.

I don't worry, just think Sig and Bale are both effective at cutting inside and shooting. If you have them on those wings they'd be shooting with their weaker feet, which doesn't seem like a good thing.

Not seen anything to make me think Sig could play well on the right, whereas he played well on the left last season.

It's also a very beastly team. They are pretty much all 6 foot or over.

Yeah big team which got me to think, we could do with someone who can play a bit with the ball in Dembele`s positions. A Pjanic anyone?? Or Cabaye?

Sandro----Paulinho
----Dembele------
Gylfi-------Bale
----Soldado------

I like that team. Two things:

Paulinho (I think) will get a few goals. He likes to get forward, can shoot and can get a head on corners etc.

Also, I think Chadli may be seen as above Siggy in the pecking order. I understand he is a mixture of winger and forward and in a 4-3-3 that will appeal to AVB.

I like that team. Two things:

Paulinho (I think) will get a few goals. He likes to get forward, can shoot and can get a head on corners etc.

Also, I think Chadli may be seen as above Siggy in the pecking order. I understand he is a mixture of winger and forward and in a 4-3-3 that will appeal to AVB.

Yep, we`ll soon see what he is made of.

That leaves us with Dempsey, defoe, Lennon and Chadli coming off the bench + Ade if hes still around

I don't think Soldado has played any pre season games yet.
Hope he can get up to fitness for the 18th. I hope people don't turn on him if he doesnt hit the ground running.

Back