• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

For me it's a sad day. I really, really liked him. He never complained and made excuses, instead he offered his apologizes for letting the club down... Always a good pro and I think he was representing Spurs in a good way.
I wasn't happy about Sandro leaving either, but I think this is even worse for me.
Ok, he didn't do what we hoped and expected him to do in front of the goal, but you could see in his link up play and a few assists that he really is an intelligent player. He lost his child and his confidence, and he never got back. I understand the PL is difficult and different from La Liga, but to be so lost... It was terrible to watch.
As Superhudd said: I'm going to watch La Liga a lot more the coming season (s). Hopefully he will come good, and do well for them.
Bye, Bobbie. It's been a pleasure, even if it didn't work out in a Spurs shirt.

I guarantee big sums of money went over appearances. Sure he didn't hit goal targets but a big proportion of that money would have been on appearances as is common across football.

Some people say 13 is correct and not 26. Officially it was 26 and it seems like people want to believe its 13

Where is it officially 26?

I don't recall seeing anywhere say it was 26m in full yet there are several sources saying 13m rising to 26m and more recently saying it ended up being 16m (presumably 3m being one of the clauses met)

One set of posters seem to be going by actual reports whilst you seem to be going by what you think to be the case - if anyone's believing what they want to believe it very much looks to be you from where I'm sitting

Where is it officially 26?

I don't recall seeing anywhere say it was 26m in full yet there are several sources saying 13m rising to 26m and more recently saying it ended up being 16m (presumably 3m being one of the clauses met)

One set of posters seem to be going by actual reports whilst you seem to be going by what you think to be the case - if anyone's believing what they want to believe it very much looks to be you from where I'm sitting

Various reports! Bloody hell. As I said some ITK have then stated it was 13..... Funnily enough after it became apparent 6months down the line that he was pony

Reactions: DTA
I guarantee big sums of money went over appearances. Sure he didn't hit goal targets but a big proportion of that money would have been on appearances as is common across football.

Some people say 13 is correct and not 26. Officially it was 26 and it seems like people want to believe its 13

I guess we will not know the ins and outs. Spurs have a policy of not disclosing transfer fees, so I don't think it is right to say that officially it was £26m. Reporters from the telegraph and the guardian have both said that it was £13m + £13m. It doesn't really matter though, as it looks like he has gone and it has no bearing on anything. It doesn't and won't change anyone's views on his performance in a spurs shirt.

Various reports! Bloody hell. As I said some ITK have then stated it was 13..... Funnily enough after it became apparent 6months down the line that he was pony

I haven't seen one report, now or then, which said it was 26m in full - if you can provide something which says that then you might have something to backup your claim otherwise you arguing against people who have several different reports saying the fee was heavily based on addons

I have seen loads at the time. Tbh he is still regarded as a 26m flop... I really can't be arsed to trawl and post. Either way it's pretty irrelevant as The other thing to consider is that if it was broken down, then 5m could have been based on 20 league appearances and another 5 based on 15 goals for example. For all we know we could have paid the full 26 and it should never be used as an excuse to justify his performances

I have seen loads at the time. Tbh he is still regarded as a 26m flop... I really can't be arsed to trawl and post. Either way it's pretty irrelevant as The other thing to consider is that if it was broken down, then 5m could have been based on 20 league appearances and another 5 based on 15 goals for example. For all we know we could have paid the full 26 and it should never be used as an excuse to justify his performances

Nor should it be used as a stick to beat him with - he was bad enough without having to fixate on the fee.

Those sorts of addons you suggest, whilst possible aren't very likely imho, tieing yourself into doubling your outlay on a player you've signed on a 4 year deal if he manages to score a handful of goals and turn out for 20 games (over 4 seasons) i think we all know Levy is a bit shrewder than that, my guess would be CL qualification and a much higher appearance number/goal tally, something more inline with what you'd expect if the player was a success, after all why would you sign yourself in to addons which a player who flops can meet? (You wouldn't As the whole point is to ensure you protect yourself from over paying by too much if the player fails)

Anyway i can see you wont budge on this and are choosing to ignore the reports which actually breakdown the fee, so best leave it there

Last edited:
Family members dying,

That's a tough thing to go through and I would expect it to affect his focus on field (if he ever had any). Ade and I have very different opinions on what an acceptable length of compassionate leave is.

being disowned by family,

Family he had little or no contact with anyway according to his look at me posts on Facebook.

juju (which is a real thing in that culture),

No it's not. Juju isn't real in any culture.

gettig malaria,
An entirely avoidable disease for anyone with money and motivation to avoid it.

getting scammed out of money by family
More fool him. Nobody else's fault.

and by clearly having some sort of mental breakdown
Did he?

When an attention-seeking clown shoe displays signs of a mental breakdown by acting like an attention-seeking clown shoe, how are we to tell?

and then a turn to Islam.....
Just more evidence that he's a fudging idiot.

Nah he's just a lazy African mercenary i guess
He is and always has been. Although playing the race card should be below even you.

Last edited:
Translation

I have seen loads at the time. Tbh he is still regarded as a 26m flop... I really can't be arsed to trawl and post.

I can't back this up. Some people think that is what he cost. Give me a break with wanting evidence to support what I say

Either way it's pretty irrelevant

Backtrack

as The other thing to consider is that if it was broken down, then 5m could have been based on 20 league appearances and another 5 based on 15 goals for example. For all we know we could have paid the full 26 and it should never be used as an excuse to justify his performances

Idle speculation and bluster because I can't back up what I was saying

That's a tough thing to go through and I would expect it to affect his focus on field (if he ever had any). Ade and I have very different opinions on what an acceptable length of compassionate leave is.

Family he had little or no contact with anyway according to his look at me posts on Facebook.

No it's not. Juju isn't real in any culture.

An entirely avoidable disease for anyone with money and motivation to avoid it.

More fool him. Nobody else's fault.

Did he?

When an attention-seeking clown shoe displays signs of a mental breakdown by acting like an attention-seeking clown shoe, how are we to tell?

Just more evidence that he's a fudgeing idiot.

He is and always has been. Although playing the race card should be even below you.

Cries of 'you lazy African prick' were heard more than once in the block and hushed laughter followed it. It undoubtedly has played a part in this. The tag mercenary just fits well don't you think?

Translation

I can't back this up. Some people think that is what he cost. Give me a break with wanting evidence to support what I say

Backtrack

Idle speculation and bluster because I can't back up what I was saying

Well let me see I have received a contract, I have been privy to contracts and I will categorically say that no matter what some journalists want to say about the breakdown, this whole we only spent 13m Will not be true.What you chose to believe is essentially conjencture.Hence the reason I am not going to go through Google to find articles from 2013.

Anyway keep on debating on how good his movement and workrate was and maybe invent more reasons as to say this whole transfer wasn't a compete abomination from day one.

Laters

Reactions: DTA
People will do all they can to believe soldado has been unlucky and will do all they can to believe ade is a **** clam. Pretty good comparison obviously

So this is about having a pop at other posters rather than looking at either players time at the club?

You have every right to your opinion. And I fully understand it.

It's just that you seem to be replying persistently to those who have expressed sadness that it never worked out here for Bobby Soldier by questioning why they like him and by telling them that he's rubbish, a bottler etc - as if they are wrong to feel as they do.

No need, surely?

Well let me see I have received a contract, I have been privy to contracts and I will categorically say that no matter what some journalists want to say about the breakdown, this whole we only spent 13m Will not be true.What you chose to believe is essentially conjencture.Hence the reason I am not going to go through Google to find articles from 2013.

Anyway keep on debating on how good his movement and workrate was and maybe invent more reasons as to say this whole transfer wasn't a compete abomination from day one.

Laters

So you're saying that no matter what proof is shown to you, no matter what journalists quote 13m, you're not going to believe them, in your mind it's 26m and that's that? Alllrighty then!

Following on from that, it seems to me that you are missing something if you think that if your are sympathetic towards Soldado you have to be anti-Adebayor or vice versa.

Aren't we meant to supporters of a football club?

It seems stupid to me that people are constantly trying to reduce everything into petty arguments and draw lines between people, who are meant to have something in common, in order to score points.

Back