• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

^^ Closed session, apparently, so could just be saying adios. Some interesting goss from spurspanyol about RS's agent, meanwhile:

@spurspanyol: Soldado's agent and the current president (Salvo) are bitter enemies. His agent has been selling their best youth players.

...He's been touting them to Madrid, Barca and even Atletico. So while VCF are focusing on youth, the agent is fudging them.

...All a bit nasty and underhand. I think Salvo will be glad to have both Soldado - and more important his agent - away from VCF.

According to the people of twitter, the fee has now been agreed. I'll believe it when I see him in the shirt.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...tottenham-agree-30m-soldado-deal?ICID=HP_BN_1

Tottenham agree £25.9m Soldado deal

28 Jul 2013 15:03:00
Negotiations with Valencia were stepped up on Saturday after Liverpool's interest in the Spain striker emerged and a deal will be announced in the next few days

By Ben Hayward in Valencia

Tottenham have agreed to pay the release clause of Roberto Soldado and will complete a €30 million (£25.9m) deal for the Valencia striker this week.

Spurs' sporting director Franco Baldini was in Valencia last week to discuss a move for the 28-year-old forward but the Londoners saw a bid of €26m (£22.4m) plus add-ons turned down by the Liga outfit.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy had hoped to sign the striker for less than his €30m clause but Spurs moved quickly as late interest from Liverpool emerged and Baldini agreed a deal via telephone with Valencia president Amadeo Salvo on Saturday.

New Che coach Miroslav Djukic had been keen to keep Soldado but was resigned to losing the striker on Saturday night. "If his exit to Tottenham is confirmed, we will wish him all the luck in the world," the Serb said after his side lost 2-1 to AC Milan in the opening game of the ICC Cup.

Soldado did not take part in that match after returning from an extended holiday on Saturday morning, having participated in the Confederations Cup with Spain in June. The former Real Madrid striker arrived at training at the same time as his coach in the morning and later watched the game alongside team-mate and friend Victor Ruiz in the VIP area at Mestalla.

"I spoke with Roberto this morning. He is a great professional and he will be a huge loss if he leaves," Djukic added on Saturday.

Personal terms between Spurs and Soldado have been agreed, with the striker (who rejected a move to White Hart Lane last summer) now keen to move to a more ambitious side.

The two clubs will now settle on how the fee will be paid. Valencia want two payments of €15m, while Tottenham are keen to spread the outlay over several installments.

Former Valencia director Antonio Sese also hinted that a deal had been struck as he wrote on Twitter: "They tell me that Roberto Soldado will be transferred shortly. They (Tottenham) will pay the release clause. Great management."

Valencia missed out on Champions League football as they finished fifth in La Liga last term and need to recoup funds to pay wages, as well as spiralling debts which have seen the club suspend construction of their Nou Mestalla stadium.

With Soldado on the way out, the Costa Blanca club have agreed a deal to bring in former Spurs striker Helder Postiga from Zaragoza for around €3m, but also hope to sign another forward this summer.

Soldado has scored 81 goals in 141 appearances since joining Valencia in the summer of 2010 as a replacement for David Villa.

When I said the people of twitter, what I actually meant to say was I had word from my contact.

You wouldn't spend it on a £26m 28 year old striker though, would pretty much just be tinkling money down the drain. I could understand if it were a young guy like Benteke but I assume we passed on him as we think Soldado gives us a better chance of competing now(which is only possible if Bale stays).

Me dicen q en breve se hará oficial traspaso Roberto Soldado . Pagan la cláusula. Gran gestión consejo administración.

“They tell me that shortly Roberto Soldado will be officially transferred. They’re paying the (buy out) clause. Great management decision.”

What he doesn't say is the terms of the deal. Was someone saying 15 mill up front and then some more on installments and others on performance to make up the 30mill euros. Not surprised if it was knowing our dear Daniel...

Massive coup if true

This is funny. If this fellow really is a director, then:

1. Why does he say, "They tell me..."? Who tells him? The lunch ladies? The summer interns? If he's a director at the football club, wouldn't he know?

2. Why on earth would he Tweet something like that? Honestly, do people these days have no sense of discretion whatsoever?

So everyone is saying the fee is agreed, Levy will now drag this out to near Valencias interest payment deadline for their loan, which is the end of the week allegedly, and then offer less money and change the payment structure. He did it with it Lloris and I have no doubt he will try and save a few million again especially from a club who is financially in dire straits. Unfortunately this may cost us this deal and probably many others BUT that is how our chairman works and I cannot see him changing.

So everyone is saying the fee is agreed, Levy will now drag this out to near Valencias interest payment deadline for their loan, which is the end of the week allegedly, and then offer less money and change the payment structure. He did it with it Lloris and I have no doubt he will try and save a few million again especially from a club who is financially in dire straits. Unfortunately this may cost us this deal and probably many others BUT that is how our chairman works and I cannot see him changing.

Then you will have to live with Bale being flogged on the last day of the window and being replaced with Etherington

Can't see Bale being sold if we're signing Soldado, wouldn't really make much sense.

why not....Levy throwing his principles out the window because he knows the fans arent going to be happy by a Bale sale

You wouldn't spend it on a £26m 28 year old striker though, would pretty much just be tinkling money down the drain. I could understand if it were a young guy like Benteke but I assume we passed on him as we think Soldado gives us a better chance of competing now(which is only possible if Bale stays).

imo Spurs would have rather signed benteke but Villa did a great job in persuading him to stay

Back