• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

They'll come running back...

levy.jpg

(please GHod let them come running back!)

If true, its a tinkletake

Spurspanyol ‏@spurspanyol

Once Baldini/Spurs decided to move the goalposts after being so close to completing a deal, VCF pulled the plug on the deal.

if true then what can we say..............cue the meltdown................groundhog day...............

If we don't sign Soldado, I'm going to personally travel to London, jump on board Levy's private yacht and tell him in no uncertain terms that I think he's a silly person.

Its ok we dont need a striker we have Dempsey, Ade & Defoe or lets just rely on Bale to score 95% of our goals again, I mean its not like we missed out on the CL by the last 2 years or anything but us not signing a decent striker..

This whole thing fudges me off so much

Too many people going on lots of unofficial reports. Even last night, we were only negotiating, but people carry on like he's a guaranteed starter. Who knows what happened in the meetings Spurs had and the Valencia board meeting? All this brick of "predictable Levy" etc is stupid. No one has any idea what's happened.

We're probably going to end up with Loic Remy and nobody else. Tbh i wouldn't even be mad at that but i'm tinkled off that i have absolutely no trust in a board that i genuinely feel like to string us along regarding transfers. I'd much prefer if they did things in a straightforward and honest manner rather then playing these weirdo games.

Maybe we have a strict budget and we could not go any higher?

Too many people going on lots of unofficial reports. Even last night, we were only negotiating, but people carry on like he's a guaranteed starter. Who knows what happened in the meetings Spurs had and the Valencia board meeting? All this brick of "predictable Levy" etc is stupid. No one has any idea what's happened.

Stop talking sense both of you. It's time to cry and throw toys out of the pram.

We're probably going to end up with Loic Remy and nobody else. Tbh i wouldn't even be mad at that but i'm tinkled off that i have absolutely no trust in a board that i genuinely feel like to string us along regarding transfers. I'd much prefer if they did things in a straightforward and honest manner rather then playing these weirdo games.

What games are they playing??? Valencia wanted £30m and we didn't want to pay it??

I agree. If Baldini was meeting them chances are both sides are close to agreement and Valancia said as much. Baldini leaving without deal being finalised has obviously led to all sorts of stupid speculation.

I'd put my money on us ending up signing him....

I'm not sure that we play games - think we just set limits on what we are prepared to go to for each given player and dont budge on those limits.

More of a concern is reputationally - when you think of all teh clubs which we've dingdonged around by elongating negotiations over the years, I'm amazed that anyone will still do business with us!

Villas-Boas said: “He’s just one of the players we are interested in. It’s not a lie to anybody that we’ve been looking for a striker to strengthen our squad.

“Roberto is one of the players we have been following and his career speaks for itself. He’s a great striker. But there isn’t a deal being struck at the moment, it’s just interest and conversations.”

Soldado’s wage demands aren’t believed to be a problem, with the club prepared to offer the Spain international around £58,000-a-week to lure him to White Hart Lane.

But Valencia president Amadeo Salvo admits the two clubs remain far apart over the asking price, although more talks are expected. He said: “Tottenham’s mission is to get the player as cheaply as possible, while ours is to receive €30 million (£25.8m). There’s not much room for manouevre.

“For a deal to take place two things have to happen: the player has to want to go and they need to pay what Valencia demand.”

Valencia coach Miroslav Djukic remains confident that Soldado, who scored 24 goals in La Liga last season, will remain in his squad.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...anco-baldini-bids-to-broker-deal-8727807.html

Just to add to everyone's confusion.

People need to calm down. We re doing a deal that is likely to break our transfer record by quite a few million. If it does go through, its unlikely to be done over an afternoon.

As someone has already pointed out, neither of us are in the strongest position. We know valencia are broke. They know we re desperate for a striker. Wouldn't exactly by the most surprising thing to see is both going at it for q while to get the best deal.

People need to calm down. We're doing a deal that is likely to break our transfer record by quite a few million. If it does go through, its unlikely to be done over an afternoon.

You're right, but unfortunately we have a history of dragging our heels and then ultimately tinkling off other club's officials for time wasting.

My main concern are the reports of Napoli sniffing around with all that Cavani cash!!! One €30m bid from them and it really is game over for us and Soldado!!

Back