• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Nah. Photos of Baldini and Collecott in Valencia is Ramos-gate style varification.

I mean all the figures that are being banded about. I can't imagine anyone who is important enough to be sat around the negotiations table thinking "I can't wait to get this news onto twitter". All the ITKs are doing is regurgitating what we already know. I could have told you Valencia would accept £30m. They are now just putting their own spin on it.

I can't because i don't remember the thread but i'm 99% that 50m figure wasn't even mentioned at the time. I stated we could spend 30m net plus and it was more Levy not wanting to do so which you and Brainclipse jumped at the post saying we're not able to do so, that i was being unrealistic and the evidence of the last financial report published by us was proof of this (spursalot i remember too because he asked if i had a clue about accounting lol). That was definitely how that debate went.

i remember debating and having a slightly different take to Brainclipse - ive only ever argued against the notion we have money laying around to be spent, not that we can't spend under the right circumstances (spending big money in January for a quick fix solution for example not being the right set of circumstances for various reasons) i will look in the how much will we spend thread and get back to you. think i was quite generous with what we could potentially spend this window

edit :

in the 'which positions. . .' thread i said i think we require 6 players to balance out the 25 man squad - 3 of which being for the first eleven and 3 for back up - seems a reasonable intake for a side which is still switching from the previous mangers team to the new one.

id like to think it's a job which can be done over one summer and one which can be done on on the 20m or so net spend i envisage (making 20m or so in player sales as well)

quick search brought this up - not quite 50m but it's a start :p

Dont get your hopes up lads. We always do and look where it gets us. I cant open up my heart for any more pain again. It aint gonna happen.

Fran Guaita (very reliable source) says Spurs have offered 26M€ with add-ons. They (Baldini & Salvo) are meeting again tomorrow.

Go to bed people....

I'd imagine that would be around 18-20M€ upfront (16-18M pounds) with installments taking it to 26M€.

Spurspanyol ‏@spurspanyol

I can't because i don't remember the thread but i'm 99% that 50m figure wasn't even mentioned at the time. I stated we could spend 30m net plus and it was more Levy not wanting to do so which you and Brainclipse jumped at the post saying we're not able to do so, that i was being unrealistic and the evidence of the last financial report published by us was proof of this (spursalot i remember too because he asked if i had a clue about accounting lol). That was definitely how that debate went.

The main debate was about the past iirc. Some people, including myself, were saying that the club had spent the money that was available to us and that the financial reports were proof of that.

I specifically said that the financial reports from last year couldn't prove what would happen in the future.

When asked what I thought was a realistic maximum net spend this summer I said 20m or something like that. If I'm wrong and we end up spending much more I'll be delighted with that and I'll be happy to admit that I was wrong about that estiamate. I'll hold that until after the window is closed and we have a complete view of incoming and outgoing transfers though.

Fran Guaita (very reliable source) says Spurs have offered 26M€ with add-ons. They (Baldini & Salvo) are meeting again tomorrow.

Go to bed people....

Classic Christmas tactic when you're a kid, just go to bed and sleep then it will be the next day much sooner. :)

Anybody want to join me in a Queen rendition? ... dum dum dum ... another one bites the dust

Spurspanyol ‏@spurspanyol 1m

@Spooky23 It's not me, it's Cadena Ser. They are very reliable with very close links to the club. I've not once put #ITK. ;-)

The fact that the board are meeting tomorrow to discuss it shows that Salvo is more or less happy with the deal.

I don't think it will be 26M€ upfront. Just that we WILL pay 26M€ over say.. the next 2/3 years. Initial payment will be around 18M

It seems like we've done all we can now. I have a feeling this deal could be signed and sealed tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

8a0CYci.jpg

Go to bed people....

£22m. I was hoping we'd manage to get it down under £20m, but not a bad price.

I read this post translated differently as they (the Valencia board) will meet tomorrow - i.e. to hopefully ratify it.

The main debate was about the past iirc. Some people, including myself, were saying that the club had spent the money that was available to us and that the financial reports were proof of that.

I specifically said that the financial reports from last year couldn't prove what would happen in the future.

When asked what I thought was a realistic maximum net spend this summer I said 20m or something like that. If I'm wrong and we end up spending much more I'll be delighted with that and I'll be happy to admit that I was wrong about that estiamate. I'll hold that until after the window is closed and we have a complete view of incoming and outgoing transfers though.

Oh no it certainly was not. The discussion was how much we would be spending this transfer window but yes we did talk about what we have done previously. The rest of your post seems spot on.

i remember debating and having a slightly different take to Brainclipse - ive only ever argued against the notion we have money laying around to be spent, not that we can't spend under the right circumstances (spending big money in January for a quick fix solution for example not being the right set of circumstances for various reasons) i will look in the how much will we spend thread and get back to you. think i was quite generous with what we could potentially spend this window

edit :

quick search brought this up - not quite 50m but it's a start :p
So 20m net spend? exactly what Brainclipse said too. Nothing close to the 50m you think we're able to do now.

Back