• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP Deano

Didn'tMindGraham

Helder Postiga
3 years ago today Dean Richards died. Things never quite worked out but he gave his all and after he retired said he was so so proud to play for Spurs. Probably a better player than Dawson but unfortunately we were a bit of a shambles in his days. But footballing merits aside, you're not forgotten big guy .

Met him in Batchwoods in St Albans once. Genuinely was an awesome guy, bought a round of drinks for me & my mates, chatted to us for quite a bit.

Top lad, good player in his prime, total tragedy. R.I.P.

Did anyone actually find out what he died from? I remember at the time it was something to do with his brain?

Was meant to have been a real gent as well. Think he may have had the start of it when he played for us because he had to give up due to balance problems.

RIP big man.

RIP Deano, I was excited and impressed when we first signed him, shame his health deteriorated quickly...

Scored on debut and would have played for England had things worked out for him. His transfer was the source of friction with SCBC.

Not gonna make out he was amazing, but he played in the first ever Spurs game I went to as a kid. Can't remember much about him but my uncles always told me he wasn't exactly a world beater but just might have been good enough to play for England and help play a role in taking us to top 6 if it wasn't for constant injury problems. I trust my uncles opinion as in my life supporting Spurs injury problems seem to keep many from sprouting.

But anyway, RIP Deano. Think the fact a professional sportsman in top fitness and the prime of his life can suffer such a horrid end is a grave reminder to us what a gift life is and how easily it can be taken away.

Always remembered fondly for that golden first half againt Man Utd (we wont mention the second half).

Rip Dean

Scored on debut and would have played for England had things worked out for him. His transfer was the source of friction with SCBC.

I love that story.

Levy: We want to buy Richards
Woopert: He's not for sale
Levy: Of course he is, name your price
Woopert: He's club captain and our best player - he's not for sale at any price
Levy: Everyone has a price and you're some crappy little club in the **** end of Portsmouth - name it.
Woopert: OK then (thinking of such a ridiculous sum nobody could ever afford to pay it - like Dr Evil asking for $1M) - eight million pounds!
Levy: OK, do you take cash?

I love that story.

Levy: We want to buy Richards
Woopert: He's not for sale
Levy: Of course he is, name your price
Woopert: He's club captain and our best player - he's not for sale at any price
Levy: Everyone has a price and you're some crappy little club in the **** end of Portsmouth - name it.
Woopert: OK then (thinking of such a ridiculous sum nobody could ever afford to pay it - like Dr Evil asking for $1M) - eight million pounds!
Levy: OK, do you take cash?

:lol: \o/

RIP Mr Richards.

Remember being on Holiday in Dominican Republic when he signed and was genuinely excited, looking back now
He was never right when here, the ear problems hung around for a long time and obviously must have been linked.
RIP a big gent!

Always remembered fondly for that golden first half againt Man Utd (we wont mention the second half).

Rip Dean
My main memory of him too. Watched that match in a bar in Tenerife. Got so annoyed when the fifth went in that I smashed my bottle down on the bar, lost my balance, fell off a bar stool and broke my **** bone. A really **** second half.

Did like big Deano though. A gent.

Back