• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Right tax and the big companies what are we doing ladies.

Corporations are blood suckers. Consume the human capital and use the infrastructure we provide as a society via transport and education spending and abuse it then don't Pay their way? fudge these leeches. Ban them. There is plenty of money to be made and people need to start to start paying more tax and making less profit so we can all have a decent society we want. That's not to say there aren't lazy slags out there and welfare needs to be massively reformed. But that along wont plug the 100 billion deficit we have

The trouble is you lose that gain by paying more taxes in the first place.

I'm not asking for punitive taxes on the rich and big corporations, just that they pay a fair share. Most people and smaller businesses don't have the option of using tax havens and pay their taxes, but have to pay more because the richer ones can avoid them. Amazon still uses the national infrastructure to deliver the books, so they should pay on their profits on their UK, not shift them to Luxembourg. Most of the books are printed in Britain and shipped from Britain without ever going anywhere near Luxembourg.

So if a British business ships something to Portugal it should pay corporation tax there? How about if it used French and Spanish roads to get the product there, does it need to pay corporation tax there too?

How about if a British company does a lot of business in Portugal and so keeps a warehouse there? Then should it pay tax on all those profits to the Portuguese government? What if those products (lets say, books) are printed in the UK? Does the answer change if those books are printed in Portugal?

Like I say, I don't really care. The consumer gets better value for money in the end, if the government wants British businesses to be more competitive then lower business rates in line with other countries.

Corporations are blood suckers. Consume the human capital and use the infrastructure we provide as a society via transport and education spending and abuse it then don't Pay their way? fudge these leeches. Ban them. There is plenty of money to be made and people need to start to start paying more tax and making less profit so we can all have a decent society we want. That's not to say there aren't lazy slags out there and welfare needs to be massively reformed. But that along wont plug the 100 billion deficit we have

So you are a protectionist? Would you ban people from buying a book from America if that company didn't pay taxes here?

If a British company trades in Portugal then they pay the tax on the profit they make there!

They don't make tariffs as that's the (only) benefit of being in the EU. You really don't get it do you. I hope you never fall on hard times and need help. If karma has a say something very bad will befall you. It's only fair! Since you only need yourself in life and no help from anyone else you'll be ok I'm sure.

when you say ban them, do you mean from a consumers point of view or do you mean the govt should ban them?

if the latter would it not make more sense to improve the legal system and ensure companies pay a more acceptable tax level?

Lol. What's the population of Luxembourg? I say ban them. We don't need these brands. They provide NOTHING unique. If you want access to the market you pay the going rate or fudge off

I see norway are having a problem with their fat tax because the porkies over there are driving across to germany to get junk food but i think the idea could work here, we should have a fat tax on burger king etc and we should also be able to tell amazon if they want to sell stuff here they pay proper tax. What are they going to do not trade here? of course not they want our money so they will have to lump it.

What's to improve? These leeches know they should be paying tax but try and hide their profits. If they refuse to play ball ten ban them. Set out the rules of access and if they don't play the blame close them down in this country. Starbucks make money in every country but not the UK? fudge off. Amazon make a 30 percent margin across the world but not the UK? gonad*s. They've avoided billions in UK tax and closed hundreds of independent book shops and retailers like comet.

I see norway are having a problem with their fat tax because the porkies over there are driving across to germany to get junk food but i think the idea could work here, we should have a fat tax on burger king etc and we should also be able to tell amazon if they want to sell stuff here they pay proper tax. What are they going to do not trade here? of course not they want our money so they will have to lump it.

Of course they will!! They sell billions a year here. We say goodbye they roll over and have their tummy tickled as when it comes down to it they will still make billions.

I hope you go through your house and bin everything built and shipped from a foreign country then. My bet is that you'll have very little left.

I support all of these people paying taxes. The government should enforce the law. If they did I could still have all this stuff and the taxes owed would be paid. You're quite dim aren't you!?

I hope you go through your house and bin everything built and shipped from a foreign country then. My bet is that you'll have very little left.

I buy shoes from italy alot and i do not expect when i get them from an italian website tht they should pay tax here, but if i brought them from an english website then they should pay some sort of tax the same as a shop in the high street.

I support all of these people paying taxes. The government should enforce the law. If they did I could still have all this stuff and the taxes owed would be paid. You're quite dim aren't you!?

Foreign companies have no obligation to pay taxes here. You just said you would ban me from buying a book from an American bookshop who isn't even based here because they didn't pay taxes here. That's pretty dim.

Unless you want to tear up all free trade agreements, a business can just set up in Ireland or another EU country with a lower tax rate and just post things to the UK without even having a presence here. If you want to ban that, i.e. British people purchasing goods from other countries, you're a protectionist and it will just hurt all consumers in the long run.

Foreign companies have no obligation to pay taxes here. You just said you would ban me from buying a book from an American bookshop who isn't even based here because they didn't pay taxes here. That's pretty dim.

Unless you want to tear up all free trade agreements, a business can just set up in Ireland or another EU country with a lower tax rate and just post things to the UK without even having a presence here. If you want to ban that, i.e. British people purchasing goods from other countries, you're a protectionist and it will just hurt all consumers in the long run.

Not done uk consumers a lot of good though being an open and liberal country has it. What about the energy companies the germans and french buy out then they hike up our energy bills at higher rates to those on "their" own countries.

If that makes me a protectionist then so be it. We are the 4th largest market for goods in the world. People need to pay for access. If we tax more then British firms can charge more, pay more to staff and wages rise. In turn PAYE rises and the governments coffers are full. They can then spend on infrastructure and education plus defence and unemployment falls. A virtuous circle.

Please try and keep up.

No they can't. Not if we say no. They pay taxes on the profits they make here. End of.

That is the very definition of protectionism, and has been shown to be a horribly flawed concept time and time again and is the reason we have free trade agreements with almost all developed nations.

How about this as a scenario. BMW builds a car in Germany and sells it to a BMW dealer in the UK. Of course BMW charge this dealer for use of the trademarks as well as charging a price for the car etc... So this BMW dealer may sell a car for £50,000 but only make a £5,000 profit while the manufacturer in Germany pockets the rest of the profit, lets say it's £30,000. What should be done in this situation? Does the situation change regarding whether the dealership is owned by BMW or if it is simply a franchise owned by a 3rd party?

The dealer pays tax on is profits? You're not very bright are you? The dealer buys the goods. Pays tax and then pays tax on their profits on trading. If BMW trade direct in the UK they pay tax on profits. Free trade areas deal with tariffs. They allow entry to markets but they don't deal with profits! Keep up! It shows that our market is a valuable commodity. We can choose to let companies trade here or otherwise. But they play by our rules.

Back