• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I'm not excusing anything. I said I think he's a good option for us.
He's an option I agree. Not sure if he's a good one though. His finishing is poor and he's no creator. I see a player who tries hard but I do think we could get more from someone else. Johnson hasn't yet done a great deal but he's far more impressive than Richy so far and in a much shorter time and far fewer games. That's the issue for me.

He's played the majority of his career in the wider position, it's not an unknown or unfamiliar role for him. The majority of his goals have also been scored while being started out there.

There's really no need for the excuses, call a spade a spade. He just hasn't been good enough. Not for Conte and not for Ange.

It's not really his fault, he is the player he has always been. We just picked the wrong guy to go for.
Yep. I don’t know how much more evidence we need. His finishing wasn’t costing us earlier in the season because other players were scoring and we had a fully fit, firing team but we’re in an emergency and can’t afford to be missing chances like the one last night.

I think he's struggling with the perceived pressure on him - he's never been prolific, and now the expectation is he should score every week - which is what "big clubs" want from their forwards.

I'm happy for him to be a disruptor from the bench at times, but more when we're winning and need to give the opposition something to think about, rather than a "throw him on with 20 mins to go to get us back in a game" sort of player. We lack game changers right now to be fair.

I think he's struggling with the perceived pressure on him - he's never been prolific, and now the expectation is he should score every week - which is what "big clubs" want from their forwards.

I'm happy for him to be a disruptor from the bench at times, but more when we're winning and need to give the opposition something to think about, rather than a "throw him on with 20 mins to go to get us back in a game" sort of player. We lack game changers right now to be fair.
I don't think it's realistic to expect to have a players who are only useful when you're winning. What you do is you have useful players on the bench, sometimes they will need to come on when you're chasing, sometimes when you need something extra and sometimes when you need to control.

Basically you just need quality players who can offer you quality when it's needed.

From the outside looking in he looks like a very sensitive character. Antonio said on his podcast that Richy complained to Paqueta because Antonio mocked him on his podcast so paqueta has clearly said something to Antonio. The best way to deal with a situation like that is score more goals, it just looks a bit weak going to your Brazilian teammate and getting his West Ham teammate to stop mocking him. Not to mention he’s had mental health challenges. Given all that and his poor finishing I’d like to see us upgrade on him which shouldn’t be that difficult.

No, but I think he’s a good option for a team aiming for top 6.
So you think he plays for a top 6 side? He can't get into our starting 11 but you think he's starting or featuring for City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa or hell United or Chelsea?

I really, really can't see it and if he was made available for sale I doubt any of them are going to swoop in for him.

Everton were a team that aimed for top 6, they just rarely finished there.

So you think he plays for a top 6 side? He can't get into our starting 11 but you think he's starting or featuring for City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa or hell United or Chelsea?

I really, really can't see it and if he was made available for sale I doubt any of them are going to swoop in for him.

Everton were a team that aimed for top 6, they just rarely finished there.
Top 6 = 5th or 6th. Otherwise I’d have said top 4. Or top 2. Or something. Really don’t care, I think he’s a good option…not posting anymore about it.

Top 6 = 5th or 6th. Otherwise I’d have said top 4. Or top 2. Or something. Really don’t care, I think he’s a good option…not posting anymore about it.
I posted 7 teams which including ourself covers the top 6 so I'm not sure where you are confused?

I posted 7 teams which including ourself covers the top 6 so I'm not sure where you are confused?
Why do you care so much about this? Yes, I could see Richarlison having a role at Villa, United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Why do you care so much about this? Yes, I could see Richarlison having a role at Villa, United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
It's just debate. We are both entitled to our opinions. I'm not trying to change yours. I just enjoy the conversation.

Jesus, that’s fine. I don’t really care. I’m not asking you to justify it, so why do you expect me to justify my opinion on him? It’s just how I feel.

Fair enough. Nothing personal against him, I just want the team to be successful and I don’t see that happening with him in the team. Or even on the bench. Not sure he suits how we play and he’s never going to be a top finisher. We need better than him, just my opinion.

Fair enough. Nothing personal against him, I just want the team to be successful and I don’t see that happening with him in the team. Or even on the bench. Not sure he suits how we play and he’s never going to be a top finisher. We need better than him, just my opinion.

I think it's more -> Richi/Johnson/Gil/Solomon/Deki, you can have some who work hard, press, link well, contribute in other ways but someone in that lot needs to be a consistent goalscorer.

If Deki scored 15 goals a season, we wouldn't give a brick if Richi just worked hard, contributed to team and only did 5 goals a season.

We need a goalscoring winger in the system, at least one.

I think it's more -> Richi/Johnson/Gil/Solomon/Deki, you can have some who work hard, press, link well, contribute in other ways but someone in that lot needs to be a consistent goalscorer.

If Deki scored 15 goals a season, we wouldn't give a brick if Richi just worked hard, contributed to team and only did 5 goals a season.

We need a goalscoring winger in the system, at least one.
I’d like richarlison to have more than 3 touches when he comes on to make an impact…

I’d like richarlison to have more than 3 touches when he comes on to make an impact…

Fair, I don't think he will work out for us, but I was separating the issues

- Is he good enough
- Does the system have a place for a player that contributes in other ways than "just" goals

For the second point the answer depends on the others on the squad's goal threat

Back