• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

Maybe Zidane? That was a joke right?

Zidane obviously more successful. Just think salah maybe more popular (among the majority of muslims) coming from the centre of the middle east, playing for a muslim nation, less french and less white.

Yes i might be wrong. But my cousin played for egypt. So i am not talking from total ignorance.

Zidane obviously more successful. Just think salah maybe more popular (among the majority of muslims) coming from the centre of the middle east, playing for a muslim nation, less french and less white.

Yes i might be wrong. But my cousin played for egypt. So i am not talking from total ignorance.

Popular, ok that can be debated, but better? Zidane was arguably one of the top five players ever. Mo won’t get in the top 5 players in the premiership.

Popular, ok that can be debated, but better? Zidane was arguably one of the top five players ever. Mo won’t get in the top 5 players in the premiership.

Never said he was better.

Was a bit drunk when i made the post. But the point stands. He will be the most expensive muslim player sold. When he goes.

I am going to say something that will tinkle off a lot of people.

Are footballers going to use mental health issues to get the fans/media off their backs from now on?

Not saying they don't suffer it, or it's not serious.

But. If a player is doing a bit brick. Everyone is criticising them. It is an easy get out.

Are footballers going to use mental health issues to get the fans/media off their backs from now on?

But. If a player is doing a bit brick. Everyone is criticising them. It is an easy get out.

It's an intriguing question, absolutely worth exploring but I do think the question being posed in Richy's thread is a bit harsh, as it makes it seem like you think his recent admission is potentially a ploy / something to "use" rather than just him telling the truth regarding his struggles - I could have that completely wrong if you aren't hoping to imply that of course.

I don't think it'd really stop players getting grief from opposing fans or certain sections of the media unless there was something really specific that garners unconditional sympathy ie Dele sharing that he was molested. For many, hearing that a well off player is having a bit of a tough time without any traumatic circumstances will just up the hatred levels (I'm not saying that as if it's a good thing but just a sad part of human behavior)

There will be exceptions, but in general I don't think so. If someone was found to be using the mental health card they'd get it both barrels from the fans, and not just as a short term reaction. It would be very stupid, even for a footballer.

Bloody hell that is such a terrible post for obvious reasons.

Anyone can suffer from mental health, an easy get out? Have a word mate.

The social pressures and limelight can and will affect different people in different ways ... even you can't be that ignorant not to know this.

There will be exceptions, but in general I don't think so. If someone was found to be using the mental health card they'd get it both barrels from the fans, and not just as a short term reaction. It would be very stupid, even for a footballer.

How would you ever find out?

I'm not accusing richarlison of this. Or others.

Just think it could be used.

Bloody hell that is such a terrible post for obvious reasons.

Anyone can suffer from mental health, an easy get out? Have a word mate.

The social pressures and limelight can and will affect different people in different ways ... even you can't be that ignorant not to know this.

As i've said, i'm not accusing anyone of doing it. Just saying it's a possibility that some might.

How would you ever find out?

I'm not accusing richarlison of this. Or others.

Just think it could be used.

Things that are fabricated often get found out. A lie tends to follow you around, even moreso in the goldfish bowl of the football world.
Any footballer stupid enough to try it is unlikely to be smart enough to cover the tracks.

Things that are fabricated often get found out. A lie tends to follow you around, even moreso in the goldfish bowl of the football world.
Any footballer stupid enough to try it is unlikely to be smart enough to cover the tracks.

I just know a lot of people with depression and bad backs claiming dole. Yet in the pub everyday dancing about.

People going to foodbanks and loading the bags into their 4x4.

Often a misconception : there are lots of volunteers who collect packages from foodbanks to deliver to those who need them but are unable to get to the foodbank themselves.

Ok. I have used them. I've seen them giving stuff back and haggling for other things. But tinkle on my back and tell me it's raining.

Ok. I have used them. I've seen them giving stuff back and haggling for other things. But tinkle on my back and tell me it's raining.

there is always going to be someone who takes advantage of somebody else’s generosity and good will.

foodbanks in general help those that need it the most, but the fact that we have so many of them in this country is a Scandal and travesty.

there is always going to be someone who takes advantage of somebody else’s generosity and good will.

foodbanks in general help those that need it the most, but the fact that we have so many of them in this country is a Scandal and travesty.

If they sorted out universal credit and rent. They wouldn't be needed. My mate gets £870 a month universal credit but then has to pay £800 in rent and council tax. How they worked that out i don't know.

If they sorted out universal credit and rent. They wouldn't be needed. My mate gets £870 a month universal credit but then has to pay £800 in rent and council tax. How they worked that out i don't know.
That sounds tough. I have to earn all my money.

That sounds tough. I have to earn all my money.

Spot the tory furious about the disadvantaged / disabled folk ruining the country by having the audacity to require help in a time where we have more inequality than ever before.

Perhaps people who aren't contributing to the GDP should just be exterminated, bloody anti growthers.

It's an intriguing question, absolutely worth exploring but I do think the question being posed in Richy's thread is a bit harsh, as it makes it seem like you think his recent admission is potentially a ploy / something to "use" rather than just him telling the truth regarding his struggles - I could have that completely wrong if you aren't hoping to imply that of course.

I don't think it'd really stop players getting grief from opposing fans or certain sections of the media unless there was something really specific that garners unconditional sympathy ie Dele sharing that he was molested. For many, hearing that a well off player is having a bit of a tough time without any traumatic circumstances will just up the hatred levels (I'm not saying that as if it's a good thing but just a sad part of human behavior)

Yeh Richy crying at the side of the pitch kinda paints a picture in which tells you something is up. Even then, many still make snide comments about him and dig him out.

So to answer the original questions, I don't see it as a tool worth using even if players wanted to, there is still very much misplaced cynicism (as proven on here) around mental health that means many wouldn't get off their backs anyway

Back