• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Relegation Battle Watch

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are far from safe, and dont have an easy run in either

Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Sunderland in a couple of weeks time will be tasty

It's those head to head games that will decide this I think. Just this coming weekend we'll have:

Reading - Southampton
Stoke - Aston Villa
Norwich - Swansea
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Fulham
QPR - Wigan

It's those head to head games that will decide this I think. Just this coming weekend we'll have:

Reading - Southampton
Stoke - Aston Villa
Norwich - Swansea
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Fulham
QPR - Wigan

It is what makes the EPL the best league. Apart from Norwich-Swansea I am interested in all those results.

relegationbattle.png

Due to the amount of teams involved and all the head to heads it will take at least 36 points to stay up IMO, possibly as much as 39. Both Southampton and West Ham only need one more win to be safe and given their current form will get there, but the rest are either trying to catch up or are in woeful shape. Sunderland are without a win in their last 8, Stoke have one in their last 12 and Norwich one in their last 15, albeit a lot of draws.

relegationbattle.jpg

2013%2f4%2fAverage-position-of-opponents-PL.jpg

2013%2f4%2fEarlier-results-in-the-season-PL.jpg

Points from corresponding fixtures last season:

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 12
Norwich 7
Stoke 10
Aston Villa 5
Sunderland 9
Wigan 7
QPR 10
Reading 9

38 Southampton (5 games left), West Ham (6)
36 Saudi Sportswashing Machine (6)
35 Norwich (5)
34 Stoke (6), Aston Villa (5)
31 Sunderland (6), Wigan (7)
24 QPR, Reading

QPR and Reading could be relegated next week.

Tomorrow: Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Sunderland and Stoke - Manchester United.

relegationbattle.jpg

Emirates Marketing Project - Wigan on Wednesday. Would be nice if they could get the points they need to catch up to the rest. I actually think I'd rather they won this game than the cup final.

Cardiff promoted. Either Hull or Watford to join them. Hull have a 6 point lead and an inferior GD with 3 games remaining.

The relegation battle in the Championship is where it's really at though:

58 Charlton, Middlesbrough, Leeds
57 Birmingham
56 Ipswich
55 Blackpool, Derby, Millwall
54 Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday
53 Blackburn
51 Wolves, Peterborough, Huddersfield
50 Barnsley

Bristol City on 40 points are relegated.

as of now mathematically only fulham is safe, 10 contenders for relegation.

Fulham 33 10 10 13 -7 40
West Ham 33 10 9 14 -9 39
Soton 33 9 11 13 -7 38
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 33 10 6 17 -17 36
Norwich 33 7 14 12 -21 35
Sunderland 33 8 10 15 -8 34
Stoke 33 7 13 13 -13 34
Aston Villa 33 8 10 15 -24 34
Wigan 32 8 7 17 -21 31
QPR 33 4 12 17 -25 24
Reading 33 5 9 19 -27 24

as of now mathematically only fulham is safe, 10 contenders for relegation.

Fulham 33 10 10 13 -7 40
West Ham 33 10 9 14 -9 39
Soton 33 9 11 13 -7 38
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 33 10 6 17 -17 36
Norwich 33 7 14 12 -21 35
Sunderland 33 8 10 15 -8 34
Stoke 33 7 13 13 -13 34
Aston Villa 33 8 10 15 -24 34
Wigan 32 8 7 17 -21 31
QPR 33 4 12 17 -25 24
Reading 33 5 9 19 -27 24

Mathematically that's wrong. Fulham could still go down though realistically they wont

Fulham, West Ham, Southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland and Norwich will not be going down.

It will be between the bottom 5.

Fulham, West Ham, Southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland and Norwich will not be going down.

It will be between the bottom 5.

Just seen Sunderland's run-in - they should be able to pick up plenty of points before we play them in the final game. Everton, Stoke and Southampton at home plus Villa away? Got to be 5-7 points there which should just get them to safety before they visit WHL...

Cardiff promoted. Either Hull or Watford to join them. Hull have a 6 point lead and an inferior GD with 3 games remaining.

The relegation battle in the Championship is where it's really at though:

58 Charlton, Middlesbrough, Leeds
57 Birmingham
56 Ipswich
55 Blackpool, Derby, Millwall
54 Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday
53 Blackburn
51 Wolves, Peterborough, Huddersfield
50 Barnsley

Bristol City on 40 points are relegated.

quite remarkable that someone could get relegated with 60 points.....i presume this can't be the case if clubs play against each other but even 57/58 points is quite a high figure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

It will be between Stoke, Wigan and Villa for that final spot. That win at St James' Park for Sunderland will have done them the world of good and they probably need another 3-4 points to make it difficult for anyone below them to leapfrog over them never mind 3 teams.

A Wigan win at West Ham which is a real possibility would put the cat amongst the pigeons. I think Stoke have the most to fear, they are in absolute freefall and don't look like they have a win left in them. If they get beat at QPR then it really could be curtains for them. They have 3 absolutely vital games against QPR, Norwich and Sunderland and if they get less than 3 points from those then I think it will be all over for them.

Villa look like they can maybe get the 4-5 points they need to be sure of safety although they have 2-3 tough fixtures. It may well come down to the last day between them and Wigan but Stoke might need to win at Southampton and rely on one of those beating the other to stay up. It will be a nailbiter to the end and I think that 38/39 will just about do it.

quite remarkable that someone could get relegated with 60 points.....i presume this can't be the case if clubs play against each other but even 57/58 points is quite a high figure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

I would like to see both Wolves and Blackburn go tbh. Never liked Wolves while McCarthy was there but the shambolic way they dealt with his sacking and then appointing the assistant after saying it needed freshening up was just ridiculous. Blackburn have been run by a complete circus. These people know nothing about football and while it would be awful for the supporters, the owners deserve for them to be relegated. Hopefully it will be the impetus for them to sell up and leave the club in the hands of people who know about football and care for the club and its direction.

After today's results I think it's between Villa and Wigan. They play each other on the last day, but Wigan need to step it up to still have a chance going into that match. Unfortunately, we're up next :(

40 Fulham
39 Southampton
38 Norwich
37 Sunderland, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine
34 Aston Villa
31 Wigan
24 QPR, Reading

Some noteworthy remaining matches:

Manchester Utd - Aston Villa

Stoke - Norwich

Aston Villa - Sunderland

Reading - QPR

Sunderland - Stoke

Wigan - Aston Villa

More interesting stuff happening further down at the moment:

Championship

55 Burnley, Blackpool, Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday
54 Huddersfield
53 Blackburn
51 Peterborough, Wolverhampton, Barnsley

Two of these teams will be relegated.

Some key matches next weekend:

Wolves - Burnley
Peterborough - Sheffield Wednesday
Barnsley - Hull
Blackburn - Crystal Palace

And a tasty one on the final day:

Huddersfield - Barnsley

League One

Portsmouth, Hartlepool and Bury down.

S****horpe will join them unless they can beat Swindon and Colchester loses at Carlisle next weekend. One of the results must be by a 2-goal margin as well.

League Two

All to play for going into the final round.

Torquay -7 52 points
Plymouth -8 52 points
York -11 52 points
Dag and Red -6 51 points
Barnet -10 51 points
-------------------------
AFC Wombles -23 50 points
Aldershot -16 48 points

Final round:

AFC Wimbledon - Fleetwood Town
Dag and Red - York
Northampton - Barnet
Rochdale - Plymouth
Rotherham - Aldershot
Torquay - Bristol Rovers

40 Fulham
39 Southampton
38 Norwich
37 Sunderland, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine
34 Aston Villa
31 Wigan
24 QPR, Reading

Team
FulhamEverton (A)Reading (H)Liverpool (H)Swansea (A)
SouthamptonWest Brom (H)Tottenham (A)Sunderland (A)Stoke (H)
NorwichStoke (A)Aston Villa (H)West Brom (H)Emirates Marketing Project (A)
SunderlandAston Villa (A)Stoke (H)Southampton (H)Tottenham (A)
StokeNorwich (H)Sunderland (A)Tottenham (H)Southampton (A)
Saudi Sportswashing MachineLiverpool (H)West Ham (A)QPR (A)Arsenal (H)
Aston VillaSunderland (H)Norwich (A)Chelsea (H)Wigan (A)
WiganSwansea (H)Tottenham (H)West Brom (A)Arsenal (A)Aston Villa (H)

There's a good number of head-to-head encounters among the teams fighting to avoid relegation and I don't see any way Reading or QPR can stay up.

Fulham: More or less safe already, but beat Reading and it's certain.

Southampton: With their current form I see them picking up more points, preferably not against us.

Norwich: Been in dire form for some time now. Just picked up their first win in 7 and second win in 17 matches. Home game against Villa could either see them safe or dragged into it.

Sunderland: Currently enjoying the boost of a new manager with back to back wins. Went 9 without winning before that. Playing 3 other relegation candidates next and will hopefully have things sorted before playing us.

Stoke: Yet another team in horrendous form. Before winning this weekend they had only picked up 1 point from their last 7 matches. Only 2 wins in their last 15 and they were against Reading and QPR. Like Sunderland they play 3 other strugglers and us, but Pulis is no Di Canio.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine: Slowly plodding along, picking up just enough points at home to stay safe. Just 9 away points all season. No Suarez means they might beat Liverpool at the weekend and they probably have to.

Aston Villa: Just 4 wins since early December and they've come against QPR, Reading, Stoke and West Ham. Will get spanked by Chelsea, but could drag others into it by beating them.

Wigan: Enjoying their usual end of season form, but might have left themselves too much to do this time. Playing two teams already in holiday mode, two CL chasers and a final day crunch match against Villa.

In summation: It will most likely be between Wigan and Villa and possibly be decided on the last day, but Stoke and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are far from safe. Norwich and Sunderland outside bets.

Their win today has taken Blackburn to virtual safety:

56 Blackburn
55 Burnley, Blackpool, Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday
54 Huddersfield
51 Peterborough, Wolverhampton, Barnsley

The bottom two of these teams will be relegated.

Back