• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Referee for Man Utd = Chris Foy

It's Alex "Little Bill Daggett" Ferguson again: "I guess you think I'm kicking you, Chris. But it ain't so. What I'm doing is talking, you hear? I'm talking to all those referees down there in Stoke-on-Trent. I'm talking to all those referees in Whitley Bay, and all those referees up there in Chester-le-Street...!"

The problem is, it does have an effect, because referees understand that part of their job is to forestall any criticism of the way the game is officiated (especially in terms of openly questioning control of technical issues like timekeeping) by high profile clubs and individuals, and that the FA start shifting nervously in their seats when it happens.

The next time some other side scores an injury time goal that denies them 3 points, Ferguson will have forgotten all about the importance of providing a fair chance for someone to win, and he'll be moaning about too much time having been added on, claiming they add time now for too many ridiculous and spurious reasons other than genuine stoppages. It's all just an opportunity for him to prime the ref for their next game.

This is the main point. Yes, part might be deflection from his teams' failings, but mostly its setting the scene for future games. A few years ago there was a terrible example ... which I can't remember exactly ... where he complained about a perceived bad call by a referee (possibly Atkinson?) and was rewarded dramatically later (I think Chelsea were the victims or beneficiaries of the bad call).

United got one bad call and now Fergie is out to set the balance ... more than one compensating call. Besides, he'll probably recall Howard Webb for the next game.

”They gave us four minutes [injury time], that’s an insult to the game. It denies you a proper chance to win a football match.”

Forget about the first 90 minutes, its all about what happens in Fergie time.

Not sure if anyones mentions this - or thought about it.

But is it not true that ManUre got EXACTLY the same amount of time to score goals as Spurs did on Saturday?
The 94 minutes were for both teams to score as many goals as they could.
We got 3 in that time.
They got 2.

The End.

Not sure if anyones mentions this - or thought about it.

But is it not true that ManUre got EXACTLY the same amount of time to score goals as Spurs did on Saturday?
The 94 minutes were for both teams to score as many goals as they could.
We got 3 in that time.
They got 2.

The End.

=D> \o/

yes, but you have to appreciate that the 45 minutes that we dominated were not as valid as the 49 minutes that they dominated

its nothing more than deflection from the fact that they have a big hole in midfield

happy to take the "underdog" position in the press or public view while we consolidate and refine our lineup and best XI.
the rebuilding is slow but steady, the blooding of new talent has been pretty successful, when we are complete... the rest of the league will watch in wonder. Again.

yes, but you have to appreciate that the 45 minutes that we dominated were not as valid as the 49 minutes that they dominated

its nothing more than deflection from the fact that they have a big hole in midfield

I'd actually like to point out that there was Fergie time in the first half as well. +3 for a first half? So he had 97 minutes to score more than us, and he didn't.

Exactly. With what he has said, he's got people (including Spurs fans) talking about his ridiculous comments rather than the loss or how they played in the first half.

I have no doubt that he doesn't actually believe it is an insult to the game.

Professional Match Game Officials (PGMO), the organisation who provide referees for the Premier League and Football League, have insisted Chris Foy has not been demoted following criticism from Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Manchester United boss hit out at Foy after his side's 3-2 defeat to Tottenham on Saturday, claiming the 49-year-old had not awarded enough added time at the end of the game.

And, despite selecting Foy to officiate the League Two clash between Accrington Stanley and Rochdale this weekend, PGMO have denied demoting the St Helens-born official.

"There are 16 select group officials who are rotated around ten games - it would be remiss of anyone to suggest that he has been demoted," Phil Dorward, head of PR for PGMO, told Goal.com.

"He’s done five out of six [Premier League games] so far this season but the select group don’t just do Premier League games they do Football League games as well.

"Howard Webb was on a Football League game a couple of weeks ago and all of our officials will be doing Football League games over the course of the season."

Dorward also expressed his belief that Foy, who refereed the 2010 FA Cup final, will be back in the top flight the following week.

"He has refereed more games than most [at Premier League level]. There are 16 guys who can ref our games every week and there are only 10 games so six of those guys will be without games," he added.

"I’ll be astonished if Chris is not [back in the Premier League next week] but the point is it’s not a demotion. Categorically not."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/02/3420091/foy-not-demoted-following-ferguson-criticism-insists

Back